Check your account email address ×

Polaris Safety Stop Ride Notice

• Platinum Contributing Member

Dealers couldn't fix 230,000 sleds in 2+ years.   This is going to be a mess if they say you can't ride until repaired and do something like put your warranty on hold. 

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dealers couldn't fix 230,000 sleds in 2+ years.   This is going to be a mess if they say you can't ride until repaired and do something like put your warranty on hold. 

Fuck that, I'm riding all 3 of my fire hazards

• Like 4

Just now, Anler said:

Fuck that, I'm riding all 3 of my fire hazards

Same.   Fuel doesn't get stagnant in my sleds so no worries. :bc:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Same.   Fuel doesn't get stagnant in my sleds so no worries. :bc:

Same.  And my tanks remain FULL of non-oxy all summer long.... Just started and ran them to full operating temp this past weekend, again.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The warranty was something my wife picked up on. Considering how long it will take that should be extended.

6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Drained my tank in my Axys today like I always do in my Sleds come September...

Gonna get fresh fuel probably tmw and its getting started. 

We started filling up leaving Woodford with non ethanol gas few years ago, less problems with storage and since we really never know when the season will end it's always ready for next year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

We started filling up leaving Woodford with non ethanol gas few years ago, less problems with storage and since we really never know when the season will end it's always ready for next year.

I've been filling all my sleds with non-oxy going back to 2012 when I got my first IQ chassis fuel injected machine, and running them every 2-3 weeks all year long, which cycles the fuel pump and the gas in the tank.  Fogging sleds ended for me then.  When actual riding season begins, I don't go more than 2-3 gallons worth, and top off, then again maybe 3-4 gallons, and top off again, and in those first few miles I stay away from WOT.  Just what I've been doing, and seems to be working fine with a few sleds mixed in there going well over 10k miles.

• Like 2

I alway fill mine with ethanol free premium at the end of the year and still fog them as I don't start them during the off season.  I want to keep the fuel pump submerged to prevent seals from drying out.  In late fall I syphon as much gas out as I can to use up in the snowblower and put in fresh ethanol free premium.

Never had a seal problem but have had gaskets, diaphragm and needle jet issues with older equipment years ago. Ethanol distorted them and made lines hard. Back then I would drain the tank and put in C12 for the summer. 

Everything worked well and no green death in the carburator. Most things are ethanol safe in my garage these days and the stuff that isn't burns VP fuel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Same.  And my tanks remain FULL of non-oxy all summer long.... Just started and ran them to full operating temp this past weekend, again.

That’s what I do. Two members here have their fire bombs in my building. I’ve started both of them several times this season. They owe me lots of beers for almost getting kilt by their snow machines. It was a near death experience. 

• Haha 3

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

What gas station in Woodford? All the ones in Willmington down the mountain have ethanol from what remember,  thats usually were I fill up first if im riding the 'Ford .

I know AZ and Belmont store has it if im on the trail. 

9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

What gas station in Woodford? All the ones in Willmington down the mountain have ethanol from what remember,  thats usually were I fill up first if im riding the 'Ford .

I know AZ and Belmont store has it if im on the trail. 

All three last season, I hit the Sunoco in Willmington as its easy to get in and out  as long as I remember to open the side door before pulling up to the pump. I'm going up to Ronnies to pick up a new sled Saturday and am bringing up my cans and will take a better look at who has non ethanol this season. 

If this is a fuel separation why would if effect those who burn non ethanol. The wife started to count the number of sleds locally that are new and cannot be sold, Scranton has 40 and they just sold off the fans last weekend. I forget what Higgins had on hand for Polaris and neither had much for Ski-Doo. 

• Like 1

I only use non-eth for storage of the wife’s sled. Both of mine have E10 premium in them with a splash of Startron. I only use non-eth for my mix fuel. Even the lawn mowers get E10 anymore. However the Chinese Honda on my power washer won’t run on anything E10. You have to run it with the choke half out if you do. 

I make my father in law run non-eth in all of his stuff for storage though because he’s horrible about how long some of his stuff sits and I got sick of having to drain shit gas out of things to get them to run good again. 

Only ever had eth fuel damage on really old small equipment and small engine stuff that has sat for a long time. Anything four stroke with fuel issues usually fires right up with fresh fuel and a splash of sea foam. Pull the carb bowl off after a tank of that and it’s clean as a whistle on the inside. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Where are you going  to?

If you listen to Krock you probably heard their ads, high end European car repair/race shop. I'll be running the Syracuse shop.

Last day at current place is Tuesday and I start their Thursday. Pumped

Screenshot_20220905-152215.png

Screenshot_20220905-152154.png

Screenshot_20220905-152259.png

Screenshot_20220905-152323.png

• Like 2