Check your account email address ×

Restaurants in deep-blue cities starved for diners while Florida is feasting

Went on a vacation to Aruba in June. We wore masks in the airport, and on the plane, but that's it. If it saved us from a positive covid test, or even a cold while on vacation, that's good. Who knows if it helped. 

My cousin went to the same place in July. No mask, came back with covid. 

Maybe it's related, maybe not. 

My sister-in-law is getting chemo treatments for cancer. She wears one a lot. My brother-in-law (her husband wears one most of the time too, to hopefully reduce the chances of bringing anything home. 

If you don't really know the situation, best to leave it be. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Edmo said:

Just the docs and dentist office here you have to wear them. I see older folks with them everywhere….

I was surprised my dentist office didnt say shit to me. they had the mask signs all over but I brought my 2 little kids and sat next to them in the chair , none of us wore one. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wear one if you want...don't if you don't.   We will see some mask wearing from here on out.   Chinese have been wearing them long before COVID. 

• Like 3

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Wear one if you want...don't if you don't.   We will see some mask wearing from here on out.   Chinese have been wearing them long before COVID. 

Japan has also for years long before covid.....

Problem with masks is that they make you touch your face more than you already do.  Fauci was saying this early on before he flipped and said you should wear 2 masks. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

Went on a vacation to Aruba in June. We wore masks in the airport, and on the plane, but that's it. If it saved us from a positive covid test, or even a cold while on vacation, that's good. Who knows if it helped. 

My cousin went to the same place in July. No mask, came back with covid. 

Maybe it's related, maybe not. 

My sister-in-law is getting chemo treatments for cancer. She wears one a lot. My brother-in-law (her husband) wears one most of the time too, to hopefully reduce the chances of bringing anything home. 

If you don't really know the situation, best to leave it be. 

Edited by Catalina

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

People who wear masks should be shamed and ridiculed and laughed at publicly. Chicken shit faggot ass retards who need to move to Canada 

I have been doing that to F150 owners forever

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Just the docs and dentist office here you have to wear them. I see older folks with them everywhere….

The mask is more of a false sense of security. especially when most people dont wear the right one or wear them correctly to make any meaningful difference. You need a properly fitted N95 to protect yourself from any aerosols. You will get far more protection by washing your hands properly and regularly because the main route of contamination is hand to face. The mask will help in preventing spread by containing droplets but not so much protection from airborne contaminates. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anler said:

The mask is more of a false sense of security. especially when most people dont wear the right one or wear them correctly to make any meaningful difference. You need a properly fitted N95 to protect yourself from any aerosols. You will get far more protection by washing your hands properly and regularly because the main route of contamination is hand to face. The mask will help in preventing spread by containing droplets but not so much protection from airborne contaminates. 

For me I found I was touching my face more than usual with the mask with the constant adjustment of it from sliding down under my nose.

13 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

For me I found I was touching my face more than usual with the mask with the constant adjustment of it from sliding down under my nose.

I use the free ones at the doctor's. They have a wire at the top above the nose. It's kinda like adjusting the breather box on a helmet. They work well for me.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
17 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Went to local place the other day...Sitting at the Bar some gay boomer twat comes in wearing a mask, only one,  sets up his Laptop and proceeds to Facetime 3-4 different people for over an hr ...Hears Him say "cant wait to get back home to California" several times. :lol:

Fucking weirdos 

that sounds about right yep lol

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, f7ben said:

People who wear masks should be shamed and ridiculed and laughed at publicly. Chicken shit faggot ass retards who need to move to Canada 

we got enough of them.thanks.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Growing up in Sturgis in the 90’s you would see that all the time.  Bandanna’s covering faces everywhere while riding without helmets

Oh no doubt, but the Banda was for dust and bugs,.. judging by the size of his hip mounted phone, which is hilarious:lol:, guys a wannabe douche

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Anler said:

The prices at restaurants have gone up quite a bit this year, that has to have an effect on their business. 

Yeah it does. Many discovered during Covid it was much cheaper to eat at home so they continue to do so.

15 hours ago, Anler said:

The prices at restaurants have gone up quite a bit this year, that has to have an effect on their business. 

The good ones are still rockin. May weed out the bad ones. My fave Italian beef guy sold his brand new yuge restaurant he built and bought a smaller building for drive thru only. He was really pissed about the shutdowns and all the restrictive rules. 

Dine in restaurants have been hammered over the last 2 years, on all fronts.

Can't find employees, food costs, rents are going up not down, demanding customers both pro and anti mask. The list goes on. 

I feel for them, but what was an enjoyable experience became  an expensive, miserable one.

I'm surprised there are as many restaurants left around me as there are.

I've been to two sit down restaurant meals in the last 2 years, with the exception of while on a saddlebag sled trip.

23 hours ago, ckf said:

Right, because you know everyone's individual health concerns. If someone wants to wear a mask it's up to them. We see very few around here, but I'm not going to ridicule them for their choice. The only place that we wear ours are at doctor's appointments but they are required.

The mask is a disgusting filthy germ catching gross apparatus that does nothing but provide a sense of comfort for those unable to reason. Like a fucking binky. Take the god damn thing off and forget they ever forced us to wear them. If you are so feeble and sickly that you need to wear a mask in to the restaurant then stay the fuck home. 

• Like 3