Check your account email address ×

Weather is fucked

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well.... these extremes are not surprising at all to me... some experiencing flooding... some experiencing drought conditions .  A warming atmosphere will hold more moisture and dump extremes in areas.  This has all been predicted and is finally coming to fruition.

Only going to get worse ....deniers   enjoy

9 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well.... these extremes are not surprising at all to me... some experiencing flooding... some experiencing drought conditions .  A warming atmosphere will hold more moisture and dump extremes in areas.  This has all been predicted and is finally coming to fruition.

Only going to get worse ....deniers   enjoy

You just can’t help yourself can you?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Just got 5”+ rain in an hour or less. Entire town is flooded , my house is flooded , my garage is flooded. I barely made it out of town on my way to work. Water was over the hood of my car in one spot. This is the 3rd time my house has flooded this summer. Never happened in 42 years prior to that. Just fucking bullshit 

Bummer Ben, hopefully you can get that red pine up high enough to save it

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

This was when I left for work. It came up another 2-3” before receding my wife said. The water is about 10” deep at the corner of the garage and 3-4” above my back door. 

C2EBF5F5-BC04-4988-87B4-B7DA06D66A61.jpeg

Sorry dude.

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

Bummer Ben, hopefully you can get that red pine up high enough to save it

Red Oak , would be a way bigger loss!!

Thats what I get for slacking and nit finishing the addition it’s meant for lol

4 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Can ya get the skidder in and block it up?

Water is all receded , I’ll have a look in the morning and see if it got wet at all. It’s on 2x4s right now so 1.5” off the floor. It will be close whether or not the bottom got wet. I’m going to start putting it up this fall when things slow down a bit. I’ve got a little wiring left to do that’s holding me up. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Water is all receded , I’ll have a look in the morning and see if it got wet at all. It’s on 2x4s right now so 1.5” off the floor. It will be close whether or not the bottom got wet. I’m going to start putting it up this fall when things slow down a bit. I’ve got a little wiring left to do that’s holding me up. 

Radar looks like you have more coming? 

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

here I am moving sprinklers around tonight still because my grass is dry as fuck 

Same here. I haven't shut the hose off for 3 days, just keep moving the sprinkler.

This is a 50 or a 100 year storm....  

Storm drains overflow with a 10 year storm....  Typically storm drains are minimally designed .

Sorry to see the carnage....

9 hours ago, ICG said:

This is a 50 or a 100 year storm....  

Storm drains overflow with a 10 year storm....  Typically storm drains are minimally designed .

Sorry to see the carnage....

Now happening every couple years.. on an evermore frequent basis.. but yeah nothing to it:lol:...... just ask Kentucky

https://www.yahoo.com/news/warmer-wetter-us-changing-climate-171937721.html

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

Damn dude!!!  Sorry to see you having to deal with that .. water issues SUCK (been there, done that).  I wish you could have "spread the wealth" a bit with that rain because we sure as hell could use some down here.  I hope the clean up is minimal & the wood you've got laying out in the garage ends up being just fine.

first year for floods

What are the 10 worst floods in history?

Full List
  • Mississippi River, 1927.
  • Ohio River, 1937.
  • Mississippi River, 1993.
  • Hurricane Katrina, 2005.
  • Big Thompson Canyon, Colorado, 1976.
  • Rapid City, S.D., 1972.
  • Galveston, Texas, 1900.
  • Johnstown, Pa., 1889.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Best summer I can remember in a long while...

Barely have had to run my sprinkler system in the yard.   Been a great weather summer here as well.   Evening out for one of the coldest springs on record. 

When we first moved to Indiana there was a couple times we had flooding like that. Luckily for me my house is at the highest elevation in my neighborhood so I have never had to deal with flooding at my house but many of the low lying areas were impassible. One day I couldnt get home from work because all of the routes home were flooded. This hasnt happened for at least ten years now. Restoration contractors are going to make a killing in the next several months sound like.

I hope you dont get any damage, Ben. 

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

This was when I left for work. It came up another 2-3” before receding my wife said. The water is about 10” deep at the corner of the garage and 3-4” above my back door. 

C2EBF5F5-BC04-4988-87B4-B7DA06D66A61.jpeg

That sucks, hopefully not too much damage and clean up.

we need rain as well, but no rain has made the hudson river free of debris. that is a nice position for the river to be in, but the streams in the woods are about dry. went for a mtb ride yesterday morning, dry and marbly out there. saturday trip on the river was stellar aside from being rough early. ride home from dinner was sweet. 

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

A dehumidifier, fan and a small heater will dry anything up lickety split.