Check your account email address ×

Weather is fucked

Just got 5”+ rain in an hour or less. Entire town is flooded , my house is flooded , my garage is flooded. I barely made it out of town on my way to work. Water was over the hood of my car in one spot. This is the 3rd time my house has flooded this summer. Never happened in 42 years prior to that. Just fucking bullshit 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yikes 

sorry to hear this. Hope all works out the best for you. Crazy amounts of rain there.
We are bone dry here.

Thanks , I’ll be fine. Aside from some laminate flooring in my front room the water can’t really hurt anything downstairs. I’m concerned about my garage flooding though. That has never happened. I have 1200bd ft of red oak tongue and groove out there 2” off the ground. That’s $5000 worth of wood I definitely don’t want wet. 

Title is correct.

Bummer you got hit again.  That is a lot of rain in that amount of time.  Hopefully it is done for this round.

We are still dry as heck in the north metro.  Drought stress is zapping a lot of trees.

This was when I left for work. It came up another 2-3” before receding my wife said. The water is about 10” deep at the corner of the garage and 3-4” above my back door. 

C2EBF5F5-BC04-4988-87B4-B7DA06D66A61.jpeg

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Thanks , I’ll be fine. Aside from some laminate flooring in my front room the water can’t really hurt anything downstairs. I’m concerned about my garage flooding though. That has never happened. I have 1200bd ft of red oak tongue and groove out there 2” off the ground. That’s $5000 worth of wood I definitely don’t want wet. 

No you definitely don’t want that wet. 
None the less it’s still a major hassle to deal with.

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just got 5”+ rain in an hour or less. Entire town is flooded , my house is flooded , my garage is flooded. I barely made it out of town on my way to work. Water was over the hood of my car in one spot. This is the 3rd time my house has flooded this summer. Never happened in 42 years prior to that. Just fucking bullshit 

Good thing you bought that arc.

• Haha 3

Just now, f7ben said:

This was when I left for work. It came up another 2-3” before receding my wife said. The water is about 10” deep at the corner of the garage and 3-4” above my back door. 

Holy fuck! Damn 

Just now, Pete said:

I have a sump pump in my basement. It works very well and luckily no issues yet. 
One of the reasons I needed to buy a generator.

I have a sump also and it works well , when the storm drains can’t keep up with the amount of water coming down there is nothing to be done though. It’s fucked at that point.

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I have a sump also and it works well , when the storm drains can’t keep up with the amount of water coming down there is nothing to be done though. It’s fucked at that point.

No doubt. Can only handle so much. That amount you got is a lot in a short amount of time. Seems to be common theme this year.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Still as dry as a popcorn fart in the metro . Drove over the Mississippi in monticello today fucker was real high . I Pointed it out to the war dept and said looks like there is plenty of rain up north 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

So iorn and clay don't absorb h20 very fast then ? 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

You must live in a low land flood plain area?

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Crazy, are you near any body of water or is this flash flooding?

We've had a really wet spring / summer but nothing like up there. I've raised the dock 4 times and it's lapping at the bottom of it again. Good luck.

14 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Yeah that looks bad. I get some standing water in the back 5 or 10 feet of my lot when it rains like that but it doesn’t make it to the house. Hope you don’t have too much damage.

32 minutes ago, ckf said:

Sorry to hear this Ben. I hope you and your family get though this safely with minimal damage. 

Thanks , yard is already water free

32 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So iorn and clay don't absorb h20 very fast then ? 

The ground is fully saturated and has been all year. 

30 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Nope , one block down from me is about 8’ lower. I’m in a weird spot though and my block does hold some water. I’ve never seen the storm drain unable to take what’s coming in though.

15 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Crazy, are you near any body of water or is this flash flooding?

We've had a really wet spring / summer but nothing like up there. I've raised the dock 4 times and it's lapping at the bottom of it again. Good luck.

Flash floods , from dry to a foot deep in half hour and then dry again an hour later. The ground cannot take any more water. 

13 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yeah that looks bad. I get some standing water in the back 5 or 10 feet of my lot when it rains like that but it doesn’t make it to the house. Hope you don’t have too much damage.

Damage will be minimal unless my garage got it bad. When I remodeled the lower half of the house I made some preparations for the sump failing. Thankfully I did because I never imagined the fucking water running in the back door