Check your account email address ×

New cats leaked?

Just now, Anler said:

Looks awfully skidoo-ish...again

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it, too .... although I will say the Cat version looks better with their colors.

Just now, Bontz said:

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw it, too .... although I will say the Cat version looks better with their colors.

skidoo even has a similar color. When you line them all up there isnt a whole lot of difference between them as far as design and function. The only real difference is level of finish and skidoo does the best job on that

• Like 1

I'm sure that gal from Textron (Heidi?), holding the iPad, will do a bang up job of presenting/promoting the new sleds at Hay Days.  I bet she has all kinds of seat time on the new chassis :lol2:

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, F3600 said:

I was thinking looks like Polaris race chassis.

Ironic.  Back in the early 80's, when Cat went under, Polaris had a very el Tigre-looking model.  One of the color options was black with green accents.

Just now, p51mstg said:

Ironic.  Back in the early 80's, when Cat went under, Polaris had a very el Tigre-looking model.  One of the color options was black with green accents.

They have all copied off the others over history

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

I'm sure that gal from Textron (Heidi?), holding the iPad, will do a bang up job of presenting/promoting the new sleds at Hay Days.  I bet she has all kinds of seat time on the new chassis :lol2:

You had to bring HER up....  

• Haha 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I was at a dealer yesterday and they mentioned an 860 for a motor in it..

Probably left over sleeves and pistons from the ZR900 days (which would actually be a good thing!)

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

A089BB1C-5715-40D3-9639-92FE24C8226D.jpeg

I was joking, obviously ... but re-introducing a Greg Spaulding design wouldn't be so bad!! LOL   That said, the above does look pretty sweet!!

19 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I was joking, obviously ... but re-introducing a Greg Spaulding design wouldn't be so bad!! LOL   That said, the above does look pretty sweet!!

It’s basically what they did 20 years to make the zr900 so it is not a pipe dream. It would make the more sense than the 880s,870,850,840 people talk about. If they do it or not who knows. I wonder if cat was working with northern crank to build that?? You never know 

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It’s basically what they did 20 years to make the zr900 so it is not a pipe dream. It would make the more sense than the 880s,870,850,840 people talk about. If they do it or not who knows. I wonder if cat was working with northern crank to build that?? You never know 

Ah , there are stroker versions of all the modern 800 motors. Cat is likely to go larger bore vs larger stroke. It’s more cost effective. 

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It's a good thing other wise Doo and Poo would still be doing trailing arms on the front end.

The poo edge chassis was pretty good

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

The IPad also has a map of the plant so she doesn't get lost.  Ramstad had to find her the last time she was in the plant.

• Haha 2