Check your account email address ×

Ski Doo buying 120s and 200 from textron/cat

krom

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Seeing the gauge is a very important thing owning a 800 ctech. I need to make sure to shut it down before it melts down from extreme engine temps 

Well are you a dwarf? I see mine just fine. Ran this weekend scratchers up and never passed 115. Granted this is a 600, but for the life of Me, I dont know how you can't see the gauge, unless you installed a 12 inch riser.

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Seeing the gauge is a very important thing owning a 800 ctech. I need to make sure to shut it down before it melts down from extreme engine temps 

I like how the gen 1 shot flames to tell you the failure codes... kinda like Lassie

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well are you a dwarf? I see mine just fine. Ran this weekend scratchers up and never passed 115. Granted this is a 600, but for the life of Me, I dont know how you can't see the gauge, unless you installed a 12 inch riser.

:lmao:

He's normal height for a gimp.

How many Procross have you owned now @Not greg b

This is hilarious...

12 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Cat runs flat bars. With the stock risers following the angle of the post you can’t see it with out looking over the top. Polaris uses dirt bike bars so you can see it. The little things in life. I better go check my pistons for heat stroke 

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Cat runs flat bars. With the stock risers following the angle of the post you can’t see it with out looking over the top. Polaris uses dirt bike bars so you can see it. The little things in life. I better go check my pistons for heat stroke 

I have never had an issue EVER seeing my gauge, bottom temp and fuel bar. I'm sticking with you being a dwarf, or your eyes are in your chin. Is your nickname butters? Balls on chin as well? 

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I have never had an issue EVER seeing my gauge, bottom temp and fuel bar. I'm sticking with you being a dwarf, or your eyes are in your chin. Is your nickname butters? Balls on chin as well? 

So, what's with the personal insults?  don't recall him insulting you this way. 

I can insult him because I drink with the guy, while he sits in a high chair.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So, what's with the personal insults?  don't recall him insulting you this way. 

I can insult him because I drink with the guy, while he sits in a high chair.

Just trying to get perspective of where his eyes are in his head. Watching Southpark, balls on chin episode.  Was funny. 

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

IMO the riding position on the Polaris is more of a difference than the handling itself. Sure the cat front will corner flatter and is a bit better, but for most of us it’s a wash. If you do get the chance and can find a Sno Pro 500 and sit it next to a axys Polaris, then sit on them. They are close. The gen 4 skidoo is in its own world. You sit back on it and really need to get forward when going around a corner. Think of it as putting an rxc seat on you cat and making sure you get your leg in the cut out every time 

Definitely agree the handling characteristics are pretty negligible between the two with a slight edge going to the cat which like I said could just be the predictability of what that chassis is going to do based on having ridden them for the last 5 years. Was supposed to have a long weekend riding trip with my buddy with the XCR and girlfriends this weekend up north but 50 and raining today I think is gonna out the last nail in that coffin so I don’t think I’ll be able to ride a matryx again till next year.The g4 doo just doesn’t feel comfortable to me at all when pushing it almost like your body isn’t really planted on the sled if that makes sense, I move around a lot when I ride and it just never feels right with them. The XS and older sleds feel tiny and more of a sit down style than any other sleds made in recent years, I still think the original rev is their best handling rider forward offering.

36 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Definitely agree the handling characteristics are pretty negligible between the two with a slight edge going to the cat which like I said could just be the predictability of what that chassis is going to do based on having ridden them for the last 5 years. Was supposed to have a long weekend riding trip with my buddy with the XCR and girlfriends this weekend up north but 50 and raining today I think is gonna out the last nail in that coffin so I don’t think I’ll be able to ride a matryx again till next year.The g4 doo just doesn’t feel comfortable to me at all when pushing it almost like your body isn’t really planted on the sled if that makes sense, I move around a lot when I ride and it just never feels right with them. The XS and older sleds feel tiny and more of a sit down style than any other sleds made in recent years, I still think the original rev is their best handling rider forward offering.

I had a xp/xs for a while so I know those well. Out of all them the gen 4 doo is the one I have the least amount of seat time on. 

44 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The little time I have put on the gen4 it is definitely a unique beast. I didn’t think it handled that bad, it’s just different. If I put some serious miles on one and got use to it I would probably think the cat is awkward. The Polaris and cat I can flop back and forth on and be comfortable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I am normal height.  Everyone else is under tall. 

....If you aren't at least 6'5" you are short in this house....

I lost my legs below the knee in a smelting incident. So I can’t stand up to see over the bars. Polaris has a rise built into the bars that allows me to see. Cat uses a straight bar so I can’t see anything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I lost my legs below the knee in a smelting incident. So I can’t stand up to see over the bars. Polaris has a rise built into the bars that allows me to see. Cat uses a straight bar so I can’t see anything. 

They sell shorter riser blocks for folks of your stature....

55 minutes ago, krom said:

They sell shorter riser blocks for folks of your stature....

I just went out and sat in every way you can to see if the gauge would leave my site. It did not front, back, left side, right. I have a tall windshield on mine and the hooked end just clears the shield full turn and my riser is leaned back 15 - 20 degrees. I'm 5'-8" tall. What it tells me is not greg b is full of shit! My pad is still on the bar and I could read Arctic Cat at the very bottom of said gauge.

Edited by ZR6000RR

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

Well, if it was, she'd be a lot easier to watch....

image.png.19f61696b6f3a7b9b5ee4f17518b2846.png

I know who Jennifer is.  I was referring to Heidi McNary the General Manager of powersports for Textron.  She had to read off of a tablet when giving a presentation at Hay Days about snowmobiling.  Nothing like not knowing your product    

Heidi.jpg

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

I know who Jennifer is.  I was referring to Heidi McNary the General Manager of powersports for Textron.  She had to read off of a tablet when giving a presentation at Hay Days about snowmobiling.  Nothing like not knowing your product    

Heidi.jpg

How would you do up in front of lots of people? Gee Doug seems to be struggling reading from his cheater pad. And to think he has been on the job for 25 plus years. Try again!

22 minutes ago, Doug said:

Heidi.jpg

I've yet to hear or see pictures or video of the snowmobile riding she claimed she was going to do at Hay days.

Maybe they're saving that for the big 2023 model year reveal.  :lmao:

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've yet to hear or see pictures or video of the snowmobile riding she claimed she was going to do at Hay days.

Maybe they're saving that for the big 2023 model year reveal.  :lmao:

Being new to a job, how would you do in that moment? Better? Worse? I bet you would stink up the place. People used to use post it notes. Now it is tablets. Get over yourself! You are like a little child being denied a cookie because you have yet to finish your veggies. 

40 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

How would you do up in front of lots of people? Gee Doug seems to be struggling reading from his cheater pad. And to think he has been on the job for 25 plus years. Try again!

Simple, know your product. I've done it without a tablet.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

If you have passion it is easy.  As for in front of lots of people, her career path has required that many times over.  If she sucked at that portion then she is incompetent for her job.

20 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Being new to a job, how would you do in that moment? Better? Worse? I bet you would stink up the place. People used to use post it notes. Now it is tablets. Get over yourself! You are like a little child being denied a cookie because you have yet to finish your veggies. 

Way better.  SUPER easy to do.  Not hard to talk in front of people.  I present technical papers and information that is WAY more complicated than what she tried to do all the time.  She is as about as useless as the rest of the Textron management.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Doug said:

Heidi.jpg

I knew you knew and now you know I knew (that you knew):thumbsup:.  I just had to point out why I was distracted and couldn't find the link, for the benefit of those who may not have seen the web page lately. 

I agree with you about the lady climbing the Textron ladder and hoping a couple of years at Arctic Cat will get her to the next rung.  At least, the next one in line will be able to buy their house in TRF from her.  Hope they like dogs.

But, I still believe that Arctic Cat will be successful without her leadership (because none of these corporate ladder types ever have any leadership to offer, frankly).  It doesn't matter what she does, the brand will stand or fall on those below her.  Before she moves on to the next big opportunity, she'll take any of the credit and none of the blame.  It's too bad it has to be that way, but it always is (and the private sector isn't the only one with that problem).

20 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Actually quite well.  I've done a lot of public speaking, been to countless trade shows, hosted large events and even done announcing at competitions over the years.  

What's idiotic was putting someone on the stage with little to no product knowledge in front of a crowd with a LOT of product knowledge.

Ffs, I'd have rather had them put YOU on that stage then her, at least your passionate about the brand, where to her it's just another step up the Textron ladder.

Fuck, there's Polaris faithful that know more about what they're selling than her.

Dumb move in my book.. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Actually quite well.  I've done a lot of public speaking, been to countless trade shows, hosted large events and even done announcing at competitions over the years.  

What's idiotic was putting someone on the stage with little to no product knowledge in front of a crowd with a LOT of product knowledge.

Ffs, I'd have rather had them put YOU on that stage then her, at least your passionate about the brand, where to her it's just another step up the Textron ladder.

Fuck, there's Polaris faithful that know more about what they're selling than her.

Dumb move in my book.. 

That's a really good point.  Rather than stand up there and show everyone how little you know, a good leader will find the best person for the job.  Stand next to them, sure.  Introduce them, say how excited you are and then turn it over to them.   That's the smart way to do it.