Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Do you drive with your windshield washer spraying wherever you go?

And whats the deal with the swiss cheese track?  They stock that way now?

That's anti-freeze. Looks to be marine/rv storage stuff.

The sled is a SKS. So it is set up for more off trail. So it has the light weight rmk style track. Comes with a 2.25" series 5.2 track. The sled is marketed as "the most versatile deep snow sled".

Screenshot_2018-10-02-21-32-38.png

Edited by Tomas.

7 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

The sled is a SKS. So it is set up for more off trail. So it has the light weight rmk style track. Comes with a 2.25" series 5.2 track. The sled is marketed as "the most versatile deep snow sled".

Your right, its RV antifreeze. Splash brand I've seen is normally washer fluid.

I remember guys cutting holes in tracks to lighten em up. Didn't know if the factories were doing it though.

Cleaned the secondary up tonight. Little bit of oxidation or glazing on the clutch I couldn't get off with a scotchbrite pad but whatever.  Didn't take it all the way apart, maybe next year.  Doing the primary tomorrow night once the t60 socket gets here.  Then set belt deflection.

Do you guys wash new belts in soap and water?  Never tried it before but did it on this one.  I'll see if I can tell the difference once it dries.

Measured the ski alignment and of course that was off. Get to tackle that once everything is back together.

6 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Do you drive with your windshield washer spraying wherever you go?

And whats the deal with the swiss cheese track?  They stock that way now?

Anti freeze for the boat. Stock track.

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Please tell me.your going to buy the Polaris rails for the ma cans not drill the tunnel again and split it

Should be here tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Tomas. said:

This

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

So, You bought them then?  That price is worth it and honestly, for what he’s charging, let AK recap them for you.

Yessir....Ben is going to ship them to AK in a few weeks for me and after looking around on the old intrawebs for shocks I realized  that these are a smoking deal.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Installed STM motor plate on turbo sled. Galled aluminum thread on motor case putting the big bolt in so had to run into town and get a tap to chase them out. After that easy peasy. Really nice piece from STM as expected.

20181003_101144.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Installed STM motor plate on turbo sled. Galled aluminum thread on motor case putting the big bolt in so had to run into town and get a tap to chase them out. After that easy peasy. Really nice piece from STM as expected.

20181003_101144.jpg

Nice...and dooode!  Is that primary cover polished?  :lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Now I need some different stickers....and yes the yellow Sled Michigan sticker is on the wrong way. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4BE75CE5-CF13-4A40-AEE6-54BC42E83305.thumb.jpeg.ac63123a8d5f3557c3ab940b66f163fb.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

51 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not sure mine are going to be that clean.  I got the sheaves clean but felt bad about the outsides.  

I've been wanting to take a wheel to mine for years.  I never do.  Just a good acetone scrubbing.  You can eat out of any spot in my engine cavity before the season starts...but none of it is shiny.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've been wanting to take a wheel to mine for years.  I never do.  Just a good acetone scrubbing.  You can eat out of any spot in my engine cavity before the season starts...but none of it is shiny.

I should probably pick up some acetone and start using that.  I've always used brake cleaner.  When I looked last night some people swore off using it while some CVT shops actually recommend it.

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I should probably pick up some acetone and start using that.  I've always used brake cleaner.  When I looked last night some people swore off using it while some CVT shops actually recommend it.

I don't know that it matters for most stuff.  I just always have acetone on hand.  Plus, it leaves the smallest amount of residue. I'd be cautious about using brake cleaner on the clutch sheaves.  Actually, I'd never use it.  Some will swear by it but it's nasty stuff for aluminum.  Those faces are more porous than they look.

14 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Your right, its RV antifreeze. Splash brand I've seen is normally washer fluid.

I remember guys cutting holes in tracks to lighten em up. Didn't know if the factories were doing it though.

Let's the snow out of the skid as well.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I don't know that it matters for most stuff.  I just always have acetone on hand.  Plus, it leaves the smallest amount of residue. I'd be cautious about using brake cleaner on the clutch sheaves.  Actually, I'd never use it.  Some will swear by it but it's nasty stuff for aluminum.  Those faces are more porous than they look.

I have never heard of that before so I just Googled it. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/597698/Re:_Brake_Cleaner_Safe_for_Alu I assume, like most things, people have their opinions about certain things but I honestly can't see it hurting anything? I have used it on plastic before with no ill effects so I honestly can't seeing it hurting aluminum.