Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

The tips are a little chipped.  Can you see light through the reeds if you look from the inside out?  That bit of dirt/grime will wash right off.  

If you don't see daylight when looking through them the little chips are no big deal.  

• Like 1

Just looked, I can not see any light through the reeds where they sit. Those little chips are only on the one side. How would one go about cleaning them?  First time ever having reeds in my hands lol.

15386190884971830560729134926669.jpg

15386191314171158678480161782461.jpg

23 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Just looked, I can not see any light through the reeds where they sit. Those little chips are only on the one side. How would one go about cleaning them?  First time ever having reeds in my hands lol.

A can of MAF cleaner or carb cleaner should work good.  You just want to get all the black stuff on the inside of the reeds off.  IF it's stuck on there good then thats fine too.  You just don't want loose goo on the reed pedal to dislodge and go through the motor.  Probably wouldn't hurt that much even if it did.  

Don't get too agressive with wiping them down with a cloth or paper towel.  Just Carb or MAF or Throttle Body cleaner will work good.  

You need to clean the throttle bodies up good too, the inside especially.  

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Ah, those reeds are fucking shot. I can see them chipped and worn in the pic.

Any Polaris CFI reeds will work.

BTW Im guessing that your shit is all sooty and oiled up because your leaky throttle body boot was causing the engine to be lean and the ECU was dumping fuel and pulling timing to save it. Mine did that shit when the boot seperated. Fouled 2 plugs before it stuck the piston.

Also BTW, Brake Clean doesnt hurt Aluminum.

There is pores in the sheaves from the factory. Brake clean melts the rubber on the sheaves from the belt. That melted rubber gets in the pores. If you are drag racing competitively, then it "might" be an issue. Otherwise you'll never notice it.

Thanks legend, I was typing out a message on why and you answered it before I could post lmao.

I will call around tomorrow for pedal replacements. Hopefully they aren't retarded on price. If I don't have any luck, Tom says I should be ok

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

I was looking at those but the one thing I found online for reeds was that the v force weren't worth the money on the 700 cfi. V force was my first thought as well. But I don't feel like spending $350 on something that isn't worth it. 

On a side note, this us-cad exchange rate sucks ass lol.

v force tend to chip tips pretty fast.  run em on a turbo they won't make 100mi .

I will usually just toss in Boysen peddles on stock cages 

20181003_215002.jpg

20181003_204538.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

v force tend to chip tips pretty fast.  run em on a turbo they won't make 100mi .

I will usually just toss in Boysen peddles on stock cages 

20181003_215002.jpg

20181003_204538.jpg

We got 2000 mtn miles on Vforce running 10-12psi, and before the turbo was dialed in intake temps hit 185*. Nobody else on snowest has issues with them either. They might have been crappy back in the day, but they are stout as hell now.

14 minutes ago, Legend said:

We got 2000 mtn miles on Vforce running 10-12psi, and before the turbo was dialed in intake temps hit 185*. Nobody else on snowest has issues with them either. They might have been crappy back in the day, but they are stout as hell now.

that may be true last set I ran was on a,11m  

1 hour ago, Legend said:

Ah, those reeds are fucking shot. I can see them chipped and worn in the pic.

Any Polaris CFI reeds will work.

They are lightly chipped on a couple of pedals.  He says he can't see light through them.  He's on a budget.  I say run them for as little as he is gonna ride this year.  

36 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

They are lightly chipped on a couple of pedals.  He says he can't see light through them.  He's on a budget.  I say run them for as little as he is gonna ride this year.  

I cant see having them out and seeing them, and putting those back in.

You put those back in and they may be fine. Or they may chip more on Dec 26, the day before he's supposed to go on a trip somewhere. Now the sled runs like dogshit and he cant get reeds before he leaves at 6 am.

Or he can replace those things and not worry about it for the life of the sled.

I know people have budgets, but he's got 3 months before the good snow flies.

1 minute ago, Legend said:

I cant see having them out and seeing them, and putting those back in.

You put those back in and they may be fine. Or they may chip more on Dec 26, the day before he's supposed to go on a trip somewhere. Now the sled runs like dogshit and he cant get reeds before he leaves at 6 am.

Or he can replace those things and not worry about it for the life of the sled.

I know people have budgets, but he's got 3 months before the good snow flies.

All very true.  :bc:  

Yeah...I tend to agree with just replacing them.  The labor is done, why put back the “questionable” pedals to maybe have to go through it all again this season..or next?  F that.

’course, I’m also not familiar with this sled so, maybe it’s quick and easy pulling them?  :dunno:

42 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...I tend to agree with just replacing them.  The labor is done, why put back the “questionable” pedals to maybe have to go through it all again this season..or next?  F that.

’course, I’m also not familiar with this sled so, maybe it’s quick and easy pulling them?  :dunno:

Ya, I will be replacing them. It is a bit of a pain to get at. 

10 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Ya, I will be replacing them. It is a bit of a pain to get at. 

I've always been that way.  If I'm going to commit to the process, unless what I find is just about new, I'm replacing.  I've got boxes and shelves of parts that are still too good to throw away...but I'll never use.  I give most away as buddies need them.  But, gonna start tossing them.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Shit...I'm no fan of Walker Evans shocks but,some of you may want to take a look at these. Seems like it may be a fair deal

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/328-polaris/1838968-brand-new-walker-evans-axys-rush-switchback-shocks.html

Meh......I wouldnt spend any money to upgrade to those if you could even call it that

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Meh......I wouldnt spend any money to upgrade to those if you could even call it that

Me either but, I'm not a WE guy.  I don't know  if these are worth a shit or not but...figured  somebody might want a look.

just got a new summit 154  with shot . 

let's see how long I can keep the thing straight. 

last weekend's wild cat oil dumping was my over the edge moment with them.  

just not sure how I feel about being metro sexual now . I assume the warming shack gay sex thing is optional 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

just got a new summit 154  with shot . 

let's see how long I can keep the thing straight. 

last weekend's wild cat oil dumping was my over the edge moment with them.  

just not sure how I feel about being metro sexual now . I assume the warming shack gay sex thing is optional 

Gross and grosser