Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Holy Fucking Derpbroski post

Well, when you have actual information to share, they tend to be longer posts.  You can continue to keep yours short. :lmao:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It's like Tom is teaching Snowrider his first sled wrenching lesson

:lol:

Yeah, but if you are just getting into some high grades shocks for the first time, it’s a bit of a learning curve.

11 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

This is a typical Fox compression valve with High and Low speed adjustments.  High Speed on the outside takes a 17mm wrench.  Low speed takes a flat blade screw driver.  

There are typically 32 clicks of adjustment on the low speed and 24 clicks on the high speed.  The rebound adjuster has between 18 and 22 clicks depending on the vintage of the EVOL shock.  

01-03-004_1024x1024.jpg?v=1478900956

Just had these added to both my rears.  They are AWESOME!!

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Now this thread is way better than all the Kavanaugh and Russia bullshit!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Oh, no doubt.

Just now, Skidooski said:

Snowrider would fail on step 1 though since he sees the word "bushing" and goes political

:lol: To him, his sled is a purely magical machine with plenty of armor all lathered on the seat!!!!!  

My SBA is ready to go.  13 new bearings in skid, new hyfax, drive belt, Monster revalved the shocks lower high speed compression in the the front shock,  other minor bits.  Feels super plushy. Ready to go.

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Snowrider would fail on step 1 though since he sees the word "bushing" and goes political

Well he doesnt have a tool kit to adjust the shocks so... 

• Haha 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

My SBA is ready to go.  13 new bearings in skid, new hyfax, drive belt, Monster revalved the shocks lower high speed compression in the the front shock,  other minor bits.  Feels super plushy. Ready to go.

Did you change the rear springs to lighter ones? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: To him, his sled is a purely magical machine with plenty of armor all lathered on the seat!!!!!  

I bet he's done that before  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

I bet he does it does it all fucking year!  He likes the high gloss look!!!!  Does the skis too!!!!!

Don't forget to do the drive belt also Toolkit

1 minute ago, s pump said:

Tom, any advice on the  SKS 146 suspension? Feels pretty  well damped just by compressing it in the garage.

Most of the guys around here like it just the way it came. Some of the more agressive riders put a 225# spring on the center shock. Other than that they were pretty close out of the box. 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Did you change the rear springs to lighter ones? 

No way.  I’m a big boy and usually have 20-40 lbs. of gear on the back.  Just wanted some more plushness in the chatter (high speed) bumps.  Ride in/sag are where they should be for me.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lol....I was gonna do a full-on step by step with removing my riser and painting it.  Guess i won’t now.

:lol:

I can start another thread if you like!!!

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

No, the actual drive belt! Shine that fucker up  :lol: 

I know what you meant!  He doesn’t know the difference between a belt and a track!  And I know he Armor alls that’s track up too!!!!!  :lmao:

• Haha 1