Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

So what 18" Evols are you talking about selling to Jimmy?  Got any more?  

They aren't mine. I just saw them for sale and they looked like a really good deal. I offered to grab them for him

Screenshot_20181001-085106_Facebook.jpg

Just now, f7ben said:

They aren't mine. I just saw them for sale and they looked like a really good deal. I offered to grab them for him

Screenshot_20181001-085106_Facebook.jpg

Yea, those aren't QS3's.  Those are actually very nice Evol RC2's.  How much are those going for?  A much better shock than the QS3's.  

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

KYB Pro 40's are expensive and heavy.  They may be better than the cheap QS3 Evols but they are way more expensive and way heavier and not nearly as cool looking.  

1st:  That's a fact!  Whew....WAY HEAVIER.  But good for most trail riding for sure.  

2nd:  FACT TOO!!!!!!1   :bc:

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This....especially the cool looking part!!🤣🤣

They will go perfectly with the BMP Can!!!!!!    Braaaaaappppppppppp!!!😜😜😜

:lol::bc:

17 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea, those aren't QS3's.  Those are actually very nice Evol RC2's.  How much are those going for?  A much better shock than the QS3's.  

I can get them for $300 

• Platinum Contributing Member
48 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

yea, and since you fuckers been all on the shock packages all day, now im all hunting around.. I like my WE's, but was just eyeing these up...:wall:

https://www.ebay.com/i/253877448469?chn=ps

Fuck yeah...same shocks!:thumbsup:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck yeah...same shocks!:thumbsup:

I had them on my Nytro, they were/are a rock solid performer.. trying to talk myself out of it..haha

but then the little devil on my shoulder is telling me I can sell my WE's with hygear springs for maybe $400ish and then only have $450 into those....

Edited by Rigid1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I had them on my Nytro, they were/are a rock solid performer.. trying to talk myself out of it..haha

Ahhh hell...you seem to ride a lot so treat yourself.:thumbsup:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhh hell...you seem to ride a lot so treat yourself.:thumbsup:

I just paid off all my CC debt friday... thats kinda my hang up.. debt free for 2 days..lollllzzzzz

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That Ben is one helluva guy...now don’t

any of you Jamokes get any ideas! 🤣

You know those fucking things aren't coming with any tools once they pass through his hands!!!  :lmao:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

If you can wait till Nov 15th I can service and revalve all of your shocks.  $30 for service and $5 to revalve.  All 4 shocks will fit in one Large USPS Flat Rate box.  The boxes are called Game Boxes and available directly from the post office.  $18.90 shipping each way.  If your post office doesn't have the Game Boxes you can order them for free directly from the USPS.  

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-large-flat-rate-board-game-box---gbfrb-P_GB_FRB

Even if you don't send them to me the Game Boxes are the way to go for shipping shocks.    

GB_FRB-L0.jpg

Hey Tom, are you driving back to Alaska or flying? Also what's a price on rebuilds for a 2007 crossfire 6 and rebuild and revalve for my fat ass on 2008 dragon switchback?

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Oh...one more little tip.  Take a 30 Torx and pull the one bolt for the seat to pull that "bat wing" off there for better access.  That think is a PIA.  

I just put a knurled knob or plastic t-knob on mine.  Knurled came from McMaster.  Plastic came from the local Ace.  

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Now that we have the fronts sorted out.....just have the rear and center rebuilt and call it good? 

The stock rear and center are basically a match to the stock fronts.  They can be serviced and revalved and be plenty good for 1500-2000 miles.  You will probably want to run the torsion springs on the highest setting.  A heavier center shock spring would be best.  No one can see the skid shocks so there is no sense in spending a bunch of money on them.  The center shock does more work than any other shock on the sled.  A nice heavy center shock spring will make a world of difference.  It's almost impossible to make the center shock to stiff on a sled.  

Check to see what Ian has for center shock springs.  Get a stiff one if possible.  I will check to see what I can come up with.  

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The stock rear and center are basically a match to the stock fronts.  They can be serviced and revalved and be plenty good for 1500-2000 miles.  You will probably want to run the torsion springs on the highest setting.  A heavier center shock spring would be best.  No one can see the skid shocks so there is no sense in spending a bunch of money on them.  The center shock does more work than any other shock on the sled.  A nice heavy center shock spring will make a world of difference.  It's almost impossible to make the center shock to stiff on a sled.  

Check to see what Ian has for center shock springs.  Get a stiff one if possible.  I will check to see what I can come up with.  

Sounds good Tom...thanks.

Just sent an email to Ian.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Hey Tom, are you driving back to Alaska or flying? Also what's a price on rebuilds for a 2007 crossfire 6 and rebuild and revalve for my fat ass on 2008 dragon switchback?

We fly back and forth.  Way cheaper and faster.  

I charge $30 each for a complete service.  I charge $5 each to revalve. 

I would suggest 10wt oil for the CF6.  Other than that it probably doesn't need revalving unless it's for a aggressive rider.  

On the Dragon hopefully it has the RydeFX shocks in the rear.  If it has the Fox PSS shocks there is almost nothing that can be done with them short of welding up all the bleed holes in the sleeve and redrilling them to .040".  It's not all that easy to do.  The Fox PSS shocks were a huge mistake by Polaris IMO.     I haven't serviced any of the Air 2.0 shocks but they can't be that difficult.  I'm just assuming your Dragon still has all the stock shocks on it?  RydeFX front and rear?  

I send and receive shocks through Canada Post all the time.  Takes about 6 days longer going back just to get through customs.  Coming to me they are normally here in 3 days or less.  

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sounds good Tom...thanks.

Just sent an email to Ian.

If you can get a center shock spring in the 225# to 250# rate that would be perfect.  

If you plan to pound the bumps pretty hard a 225-250# spring is good.  If you are just gonna piddle around on the trails then a 200-225 is fine.  

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

If you can get a center shock spring in the 225# to 250# rate that would be perfect.  

Sounds good....I was just doing some reading on those Evols and holy crap I hope my dumbass can figure out all the adjustments. :lol:

Sounds like a guy needs to get the air pressures close and then fine tune with the clickers/screw adjusters.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks