Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

8 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Just remove the lower5 or 6 screws that you can see and let the fluid drain out

I will try that next time. I saw some guys added a drain plug or suck the fluid out of the fill port. 

This time I wanted to be able to clean everything up since it's a new to me sled.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I may have sunk a sled but I don't hit shit there Count Malachi but thanks for the info.  🙄

You dont have to hit shit.....they'll vend in marginal trail conditions if ridden hard

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You dont have to hit shit.....they'll vend in marginal trail conditions if ridden hard

OK🙄

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

OK🙄

Go ask Preston .....or any of the 1000s of people who bent smods doing routine riding.

There is only one reason to own anything xp/xs and that is the 1200!!11

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Got most of the major preseason stuff done today. Cleaned the power valves, adjust cables (off by 2 mm), changed plugs, changed chaincase oil, put on spare belt, and installed spare plug holder.

Need to do the clutches once my puller comes in.  Was going to pull the secondary apart but I think I'm just going to clean up the sheaves instead.  Rear storage bag comes in tomorrow.  Need to order registration stickers this week.

Last stuff is to check ski alignment, track tension, track alignment, and set up shocks. 

By the way, who the hell puts the chaincase behind the oil tank?

20180930_172725.jpg

Almost forgot about cheap tools.  This is simple shit.  A 12” bolt, washer, nut and 2x10 will do almost everything for clutches.  Although, I’ve never taken apart a stock AC secondary, only Team but I’m sure it’s adaptable.  It takes a bit of modification when changing out springs on the secondary.  CVT’s are pretty basic but be careful...those springs will take you eye out, kid!  :lmao:

CEEB3CC9-B22E-48A6-A3FF-7D254A1C8E80.jpeg

For the primary holder, pretty much anything will work.  I had a some rebar, pex tubing and end caps laying around so I went “fancy”:

F549C784-D7DB-4902-845E-FA914EBB8358.jpeg

Excellent, flexible spring puller out of hot dog skewers.  Clip one fork off and bend the end of the other into a hook.  Works better than the one I bought.

1DAF47E8-D14F-4E27-9C28-956DA7E221CB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So are these X Package KYBs a decent upgrade over the stock TNT shocks?  200 bucks for the pair.

IMG_4322.thumb.JPG.97dbd2ad5d4fca6af71cbf29b95a00b0.JPG

If they are freshly serviced or low hours, I’d swap out.  If not, meh...I probably would anyway.  See what Ian has to trade.

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I may have sunk a sled but I don't hit shit there Count Malachi but thanks for the info.  🙄

:lol:

22 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Just remove the lower5 or 6 screws that you can see and let the fluid drain out

Yeah...I’d pull the whole cover though.  Take a look around,  especially at the tensioner and really clean it up and look for shards.  You’ll need some simple extensions but, do it right..especially since this is a “new to you” sled (teamgreeb).

1A135289-C3A9-430D-A35B-747911CADB0A.jpeg

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Go ask Preston .....or any of the 1000s of people who bent smods doing routine riding.

There is only one reason to own anything xp/xs and that is the 1200!!11

Yeah...I'll go ask Preston.😂😂😂

And fuck you.....it has a BMP Can!!!!!!!  🤗

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Almost forgot about cheap tools.  This is simple shit.  A 12” bolt, washer, nut and 2x10 will do almost everything for clutches.  Although, I’ve never taken apart a stock AC secondary, only Team but I’m sure it’s adaptable.  It takes a bit of modification when changing out springs on the secondary.  CVT’s are pretty basic but be careful...those springs will take you eye out, kid!  :lmao:

For the primary holder, pretty much anything will work.  I had a some rebar, pex tubing and end caps laying around so I went “fancy”:

Excellent, flexible spring puller out of hot dog skewers.  Clip one fork off and bend the end of the other into a hook.  Works better than the one I bought.

If they are freshly serviced or low hours, I’d swap out.  If not, meh...I probably would anyway.  See what Ian has to trade.

Yeah...I’d pull the whole cover though.  Take a look around,  especially at the tensioner and really clean it up and look for shards.  You’ll need some simple extensions but, do it right..especially since this is a “new to you” sled (teamgreeb).

Ian has some pricy trades....I asked.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ian has some pricy trades....I asked.

Yeah, fuck that then.  Depends on what you want them to do for you (how you roll) but, just rebuild what’s on there.  Maybe keep an eye open on HCS.  Some really good deals on shocks pop up every now and then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Got most of the major preseason stuff done today. Cleaned the power valves, adjust cables (off by 2 mm), changed plugs, changed chaincase oil, put on spare belt, and installed spare plug holder.

Need to do the clutches once my puller comes in.  Was going to pull the secondary apart but I think I'm just going to clean up the sheaves instead.  Rear storage bag comes in tomorrow.  Need to order registration stickers this week.

Last stuff is to check ski alignment, track tension, track alignment, and set up shocks. 

20180930_172725.jpg

Put a 4 wheel kit on the back while you are at it.  

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah...I'll go ask Preston.😂😂😂

And fuck you.....it has a BMP Can!!!!!!!  🤗

Nice sled! Congrats man! 

Get a grip and rip Brace kit for the s mod though Jim like I mentioned earlier. Just my opinion. :bc: 

Here is the bundle. S mod and upper a arm braces. 

http://www.gripnripracing.com/index.php?id_product=166&controller=product

Edited by thewayout
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Do you put any sealant on the chaincase cover?  The service manual didn't mention it but I see it on the parts diagram.

I bought the team clutch compressor and a clutch puller.  I'll rig something up for a holder. Need that t60 socket too.  Thought i had one but the biggest I have is a t50.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Put a 4 wheel kit on the back while you are at it.  

Splain please.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So are these X Package KYBs a decent upgrade over the stock TNT shocks?  200 bucks for the pair.

IMG_4322.thumb.JPG.97dbd2ad5d4fca6af71cbf29b95a00b0.JPG

Those are a slight upgrade over your stock KYB shocks.  Basically they have adjustable rebound dampening, that's about the only difference.  The compression side is still fairly soft for most people.  As Zam said, if they are brand new fresh then worth $200.  If you need more compression dampening than stock then you need to go inside anyway so that means you will be into them for $300+ before they are right for you.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

You're a little whiter than I remembered.........  More of a cheapass too.  :bc:  

Hot dog stick for a spring puller?  What kind of shit exhaust springs is AC using these days.  

7 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Do you put any sealant on the chaincase cover?  The service manual didn't mention it but I see it on the parts diagram.

I bought the team clutch compressor and a clutch puller.  I'll rig something up for a holder. Need that t60 socket too.  Thought i had one but the biggest I have is a t50.

Splain please.

Something like this......

http://www.jtatv.com/4th_Wheel_Kit_Sno_Pro_500_p/spwk-rear.htm

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

You're a little whiter than I remembered.........  More of a cheapass too.  :bc:  

Hot dog stick for a spring puller?  What kind of shit exhaust springs is AC using these days.  

You ever take apart clicker ball point pen and see the spring in there??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You ever take apart clicker ball point pen and see the spring in there??

Zderpski pulling springs and cooking ball park franks! 😂😂

9 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Splain please.

No sealant.  But, I've know people that drop a thin line on it anyway.  Dealers choice.  Just hand tighten those torx though...with a small ratchet.  They'll strip out if you try to overtorque and could crack the case.  Go by hand at first so you get the feel.  Then you can go to an impact drill like me and round a few out!  :lmao:

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

HOW DARE YOU CALL ME WHITE!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I origninally did the puller for a tough to reach doo spring if I remember right, then...realized it was faster than my regular one.  WIN!  Yuh...always been "cheap" as I get older, I'm getting cheaper and less tolerarant.  Not sure why on the "cheap" part but know why on the "less tolerant" part.   :lmao:

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Buy the braces Drew posted before you spend a penny on any thing else.

Did you look to make sure the thing isnt already bent?????

Yeah...braces are a gpod idea if it is going to be experiencing anything off trail but most certainly not a cure all.   A buddy put them on his and hit an ice ridge and, well....he rode it back without issue but,insurance companty "totalled it" because of two mods being bent.  Yuh...ouch.  On trail, it should be ok.  I never put them on mine but, I should have.  Those things are awfully "bendy".

Also, @Jimmy Snacks, like Benny said, not a bad idea to take a look to make sure you aren't "tweaked" a bit already.  Take a good look around where the A-arms are attached.  Look for symmetry between the sides. Check real good for "ripples" around the mounts.  They aren't as thin as they are made fun of  to be BUT....lightweight comes at a price. 

12 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

20180930_172725.jpg

Oh...one more little tip.  Take a 30 Torx and pull the one bolt for the seat to pull that "bat wing" off there for better access.  That think is a PIA.  

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pffftt....cuz dropped the door on the trailer, I handed  him the dough and drove her in the barn....straight as an arrow!!!!!!

Did you check it? 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Did you check it? 

Yep....cocked, locked and ready to rock but I’ll be sure not to look at it sideways lest I bend something!!! 😜🤣😂