Check your account email address ×

Where HCS started...

ckf

I know that not everyone was at HCS from the start. He is a link to the original Hardcore Sledders page on rob's photography site. Checkout the speedometers photo page. Denny's pic from his SRX is still there, lol. From here it turned in to firecat.info briefly before it turned into HCS.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020908213447/http://www.hardcoresledder.com:80/index.html

• Like 7

History is what binds us together :thumbsup:

I find it hilarious that there's far more tech and info sharing, and some mild shenanigans in the GDF than there is in the General Forum and most brand specific forums here, and WAS on HCS.   

• Like 2

Hard to believe that was 20 years ago already?  Holy cow - time flies.  I came over from the old amsnow.com days, and joined the firecat.info site early on ... I was member #5 when Rob morphed it to HCS.  Heck, I remember Rob being "RIV" at that time.  A lot of excitement and hype waiting for the Firecats to come out & having access to guys like Greg Spaulding (gls) at Cat was awesome!!  Lots of people have come and gone, and it's weird considering how some folks have basically become friends without ever meeting them in person.  But it's been quite the journey from then up to now!! 🍻

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

I know that not everyone was at HCS from the start. He is a link to the original Hardcore Sledders page on rob's photography site. Checkout the speedometers photo page. Denny's pic from his SRX is still there, lol. From here it turned in to firecat.info briefly before it turned into HCS.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020908213447/http://www.hardcoresledder.com:80/index.html

@BontzWho was the gal that was a Mod on HCS from NY? 

Just now, Bontz said:

Ashley?  I think she went by 07_F8LE (for her Tony Stewart edition, F8) ... or are you thinking about Mrs. Red?

Mrs. Red that's it and I remember Ashley she was in one hell of a wreck if I remember right.   

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Mrs. Red that's it and I remember Ashley she was in one hell of a wreck if I remember right.   

I remember that I think ...stitched up pretty bad on her stomach if I recall 😲

7 hours ago, EvilBird said:

I remember that I think ...stitched up pretty bad on her stomach if I recall 😲

Yeah, Ashley ... or as we affectionately called her ... CRASHley ... really was in bad shape after that wreck.  Tough girl though!!  And the fact she got right back on the horse, after getting through her recovery, was awesome to see.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yeah, Ashley ... or as we affectionately called her ... CRASHley ... really was in bad shape after that wreck.  Tough girl though!!  And the fact she got right back on the horse, after getting through her recovery, was awesome to see.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

Hard to believe that was 20 years ago already?  Holy cow - time flies.  I came over from the old amsnow.com days, and joined the firecat.info site early on ... I was member #5 when Rob morphed it to HCS.  Heck, I remember Rob being "RIV" at that time.  A lot of excitement and hype waiting for the Firecats to come out & having access to guys like Greg Spaulding (gls) at Cat was awesome!!  Lots of people have come and gone, and it's weird considering how some folks have basically become friends without ever meeting them in person.  But it's been quite the journey from then up to now!! 🍻

Yes, time flies for sure. Originally I started out as yacker as I owned a canoe and kayak business at the time. I forgot the password and made a new account, ckf. The ck was part of my business name and f was for firecat. Rob asked me a little while later if I needed both accounts or should he delete one, lol.

• Like 2

Thanks for the trip back in time.  I joined really early back when I was in high school and owned a 2002 sno pro which was the first lay down motor and first in the Firecat chassis. 

I remember those 03 F7s were a rocket.  Cat sold alot of those sleds back in the day.  Rob had really good info on the issues and recalls for people to keep them running trouble free.  He put on more miles in a year than most people do in 5.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Wasn’t hardcore sledder a separate sight at first from the firecatinfo sight rob created when the firecat was coming out?? Then he combined the 2

I think you're right.  That "Mileage Psychos!" version of HCS was still there while firecat.info was beginning.  

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I think you're right.  That "Mileage Psychos!" version of HCS was still there while firecat.info was beginning.  

I remember him saying that he had a hard time with the database when it from firecat.info to Hardcore. I don't recall if it was 2 different databases or just moving the one.

9 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

haven't seen her in a long time. 

She's actually here ... she posted somewhat recently from what I recall & in typical Ashley fashion laughed at most of us :lol2:

@LE_07F8 ... you out there!?!? :ylsuper:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

She's actually here ... she posted somewhat recently from what I recall & in typical Ashley fashion laughed at most of us :lol2:

@LE_07F8 ... you out there!?!? :ylsuper:

Yup, and I remember her best quote, something like, If you anin,t feeding or fukking me, your opinion doesn,t matter. LOL

Great young good looking gal for sure, that knows how to ride bikes and sleds.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, and I remember her best quote, something like, If you anin,t feeding or fukking me, your opinion doesn,t matter. LOL

Great young good looking gal for sure, that knows how to ride bikes and sleds.  

If your not feeding, financing or fucking me your opinion doesn't matter............ :lol::lol2:  @LE_07F8

485355423_Crashshirt.jpg.e671c004e20f9c90bc8141258884c035.jpg

Her belly and matching scars on both wrists, I think she had a broken femur also she has a long list of what all got messed up from the accident.

They have the tools and the hardware....  so the rebuilt her.

Crashley.thumb.jpg.a0ab7241fa544f459c1bfcf0b8770d30.jpg - - Wrist.jpg.a68c325aa79555f6bdd580f7b5316f15.jpg

Edited by Jerry 976
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

If your not feeding, financing or fucking me your opinion doesn't matter............ :lol::lol2:  @LE_07F8

I’ve offered many times to do two out of those three.  So far, she seems to be holding pretty firm on getting all three.  :dunno:

I make one helluva breakfast tho @LE_07F8

;)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve offered many times to do two out of those three.  So far, she seems to be holding pretty firm on getting all three.  :dunno:

I make one helluva breakfast tho @LE_07F8

;)

She's got Jessie why would she want you....... :lol:

The only thing you two have in common is you both crashed hitting something under the snow.....

Her battle scars are way better than yours....... :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

She's got Jessie why would she want you....... :lol:

The only thing you two have in common is you both crashed hitting something under the snow.....

Her battle scars are way better than yours....... :lmao:

You don’t know.  Shut up!  I’m negotiating here!!!!!!

:lol:

• Haha 1