Check your account email address ×

School shooting TikTok challenge

22 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Just got a call and email video from my kids school apparently some viral TikTok challenge to shoot up schools tomorrow. Wtf is wrong with people.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/16/tiktok-challenge-warns-of-alleged-school-shooting-threats/amp/

videogames, social media, groupthink, latchkey parenting, where do you want to begin?

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

These kids are messed up. There's a few dozen already charged with threats here and schools closed off and on since the shooting. If your dumb enough to do this shit your dumb enough to shoot up a school

I’ll say it again, charge these kids and make the parents share some responsibility at the same time. Maybe that will get some of these stupid ass parents to start actually being parents to their kids instead of friends and atms. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Just got a call and email video from my kids school apparently some viral TikTok challenge to shoot up schools tomorrow. Wtf is wrong with people.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/16/tiktok-challenge-warns-of-alleged-school-shooting-threats/amp/

coworkers step kids are in the office today because rochester called school.  where i live went but there's popo there.  Crazy world. 

11 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

A couple local schools here are closed because of this crap.

I guess I don't understand why schools didn't just go to virtual instead of closing....oh wait, that would mean teachers and admin would not get the day off.

17 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I guess I don't understand why schools didn't just go to virtual instead of closing....oh wait, that would mean teachers and admin would not get the day off.

I'm seeing some schools are actually doing that and considering their campuses closed.  It's absurd what we've become in this country ... fucking social media is one of the key contributors (and yes, I know ... this site is considered social media).  It just pisses me off what we've become over the course of the last 20-25 years.

• Like 4

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

coworkers step kids are in the office today because rochester called school.  where i live went but there's popo there.  Crazy world. 

Yup, my kids went to school but each school in the district has a officer there today. My wife said half there class didn’t get dropped off today so a lot stayed home.