Check your account email address ×

OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

20 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have never been up in the mitten do you guys get a lot of L.E there or not cold enough ? I would assume so but have no idea 

Aw man, I"m ready to load up my shit and head up myself.  The northeast is fucking zero right now.  I literally have my whole program staged in the garage, ready to load into the trailer for the trip north.  i would have ridden this past weekend if there was any real snow.

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Aw man, I"m ready to load up my shit and head up myself.  The northeast is fucking zero right now.  I literally have my whole program staged in the garage, ready to load into the trailer for the trip north.  i would have ridden this past weekend if there was any real snow.

Are you not in Iowa? I put on about 140 local south metro of Minneapolis  on Sat.  13inches some places got 17 . I was shocked at the lack of traffic 

Bud just got back from 5 days in the up  and did just over 1200 

He based out of the adventer motel in mass 

Edited by Ez ryder

42 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Are you not in Iowa? I put on about 140 local south metro of Minneapolis  on Sat.  13inches some places got 17 . I was shocked at the lack of traffic 

Bud just got back from 5 days in the up  and did just over 1200 

He based out of the adventer motel in mass 

Nah Jesus i wish.  I live in CT, ride in NW Maine, Jackman area generally.  :bc: 

• Like 1

90-95% of the snow in Michigan is LE. We are surrounded by lakes. If the lakes cool off before winter or if cold air doesn’t blow across them, no snow. Very little system snow anymore. 

We had a very hot summer this year so the lake temps are up. All we need is cold air, wind in the right direction and we will have good snow. Everything that I rode on last week was LE. Sadly, it will all be gone in the lower, after this week. The UP will be hit hard too. They could use some frost in the ground though and it’s still early in the season. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

3 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

90-95% of the snow in Michigan is LE. We are surrounded by lakes. If the lakes cool off before winter or if cold air doesn’t blow across them, no snow. Very little system snow anymore. 

We had a very hot summer this year so the lake temps are up. All we need is cold air, wind in the right direction and we will have good snow. Everything that I rode on last week was LE. Sadly, it will all be gone in the lower, after this week. The UP will be hit hard too. They could use some frost in the ground though and it’s still early in the season. 

This showed up on my FB feed, 3 years ago on this date, I was riding and feeding deer....I blew up that Assault (which I put all kinds of time and $ into over the summer, first ride after getting gas here about 15 minutes after I took that picture.   :flush: 

48274875_10218256974285773_795924673366851584_n.jpg

48362090_10218257619501903_7435578491006877696_n.jpg

• Like 3

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

This showed up on my FB feed, 3 years ago on this date, I was riding and feeding deer....I blew up that Assault (which I put all kinds of time and $ into over the summer, first ride after getting gas here about 15 minutes after I took that picture.   :flush: 

Nice! No fear with that Guy!

Do you have a camp in ME?  I figured you rode VT like me. 3 hr trailer ride from CT is enough for me 🙁

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Pittston farm and spuce cone only places I’ve ever been the deer basically just walk right up to you. 

nice old John Deere too

• Like 1

20 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Nice! No fear with that Guy!

Do you have a camp in ME?  I figured you rode VT like me. 3 hr trailer ride from CT is enough for me 🙁

There are a whole bunch of tame ones there that show up at Pittston Farms. I will never get first gas of the season there again however because of that incident. We have been renting in Jackman for more than the past 10 years. Love the variety, do a big loop in a different direction to some off trailing, Canadian border is only 20 minutes away by sled too.  we leave all our gear up there and commute back-and-forth, and can make it in about 5 1/2 to 6 hours each way

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 12/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, 800renegaderider said:

Pittston farm and spuce cone only places I’ve ever been the deer basically just walk right up to you. 

nice old John Deere too

Ya forgot Raymonds store in North East Cary too.

• Like 2

Got out for the first shake down ride of a whopping 15-20 kms around my home. Ditch banging, farm fields, frozen ponds/lakes. 

I switched sleds as the wife is at work and I wanted to make sure they are both good lol. The joys of working 4/10's.

The Dragon seems to be running decent. It is definitely a rough ride. Could be that the shocks are set to stiff or poor set-up in general as I have never really set a sled up. 14 years of riding and I usually jack up the shocks (6'3"/220lbs) and send it. But I am getting old and not enjoying that as much as I used to lol. It still has no top end even though I am hitting 8150rpm. 

The Crossfire is such a nice trail sled. It handles so well and it absolutely kills my dragon in the speed department. I am very pleased with it. 

20211217_130813_HDR.jpg

20211217_124352_HDR.jpg

20211217_124340_HDR.jpg

20211217_130823_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/9/2021 at 12:40 AM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I love how they call that a “quiet track”. It certainly isn’t any quieter than any other track I’ve ever run. 

50’s and rain starting the end of this week. Hell, down by me, it will be in the 60’s for a few days next week. These weather patterns are just fucked anymore. That’s why I skipped out and went yesterday. You almost have to around here anymore. 

More evidence that climate change is a myth the Chinese made up.

• Gold Member
21 hours ago, AK440 said:

More evidence that climate change is a myth the Chinese made up.

The Chinese? 😂 That would be the American made myth actually . Apparently one you believe? 

Edited by EvilBird

21 hours ago, EvilBird said:

The Chinese? 😂 That would be the American made myth actually . Apparently one you believe? 

You aren’t one who’s much for reading comprehension are you Bud? He’s complaining about the lack of snow. That’s what climate change does, makes it too warm of cold temperatures that result in snow. Your dear leader Trump told his disciples that it was a myth created by the Chinese. Try to follow along….

Edited by AK440

• Gold Member
On 12/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, AK440 said:

You aren’t one who’s much for reading comprehension are you Bud? He’s complaining about the lack of snow. That’s what climate change does, makes it too warm of cold temperatures that result in snow. Your dear leader Trump told his disciples that it was a myth created by the Chinese. Try to follow along….

Trump aint my leader dickmunch.....Biden is the President of the United States of America. 

I dont give two fucks what Trump said. Its a lie made up by Liberal Faggots and Globalists ....which one are You? 

Edited by EvilBird

• Gold Member
On 12/19/2021 at 3:03 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Could you duckweed’s please stop ruining threads with political arguments? FFS. 

Sorry , just hate that trolling faggot. 😂😂😂

Edited by EvilBird

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Sorry back on track .....

So how many Sleds You Guys think will burn down this year due to neglect ? Lotta new rider again 😂🍻

20210117_101516.jpg

With low snow so far, I see a lot more crumbled up shit sitting without any parts available.  Matter of fact-if one was so inclined and had some know how, he could snatch up some shit and fix it as parts came in and make some bank. 

• Like 1