OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

• Gold Member

Got the new sled studded last week. Finished servicing the ‘19, replaced the drive bearings, new slides, changed a couple of idler wheel bearings, repacked the rest and cleaned the power valves. Got a chance to run the 650 today, engine is smooth and seems to be very responsive. Shock valving is pretty firm.  It’s going to be a great NY,VT tight trail sled. 

FE00C8A9-5E2F-4301-AA59-9AE969F80A8E.jpeg

• Like 7

• Gold Member
15 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

Got the new sled studded last week. Finished servicing the ‘19, replaced the drive bearings, new slides, changed a couple of idler wheel bearings, repacked the rest and cleaned the power valves. Got a chance to run the 650 today, engine is smooth and seems to be very responsive. Shock valving is pretty firm.  It’s going to be a great NY,VT tight trail sled. 

FE00C8A9-5E2F-4301-AA59-9AE969F80A8E.jpeg

Sweet sleds 👍

agree the 650 is a tight woods killer. How much snow you got in NY? 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Sweet sleds 👍

agree the 650 is a tight woods killer. How much snow you got in NY? 

Not much, Maybe 3to4 inches. I’m right on the Ny Vt border by Fair Haven Vt. Got early bird vast for all the sleds, hoping Tabor/ Woodford area will get some rideable snow by New Years. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, XCR INDY said:

Not much, Maybe 3to4 inches. I’m right on the Ny Vt border by Fair Haven Vt. Got early bird vast for all the sleds, hoping Tabor/ Woodford area will get some rideable snow by New Years. 

Sweet same heree got my TMAs , sleds are loaded. Will be in Woodford as soon as Snow is rideable. 👍😎

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

Let me know when it gets good a little north of you. I love that area.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Sweet same heree got my TMAs , sleds are loaded. Will be in Woodford as soon as Snow is rideable. 👍😎

Haven't ridden Woodford in years.  How is it up there these days?  We used to actually rip up after work, ride 2-3 hrs and come home.  Its not a bad drive at all from here  (Ellington)  Come to Jackman sometime, I've been all over and you can't beat it for range and amount of riding options.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Haven't ridden Woodford in years.  How is it up there these days?  We used to actually rip up after work, ride 2-3 hrs and come home.  Its not a bad drive at all from here  (Ellington)  Come to Jackman sometime, I've been all over and you can't beat it for range and amount of riding options.

I grew up in Ellington lol . Dogwood lane. Im in East Granby now so same thing takes me 1hr45 to get to Woodford from my house. Still good riding,  they always get snow. Weekends are nuts like always but Weekdays is awesome. With my young kids its hard to get away for a few days so day trips work best for me. But Maine is definitely something I need to experience..

Unfortunately this year trail 100 from Woodford to Somerset Reservoir and Dover will be closed. That is going to be a huge hit and make it stupid busy on 7 with nowhere else for people to go. 😒

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I grew up in Ellington lol . Dogwood lane. Im in East Granby now so same thing takes me 1hr45 to get to Woodford from my house. Still good riding,  they always get snow. Weekends are nuts like always but Weekdays is awesome. With my young kids its hard to get away for a few days so day trips work best for me. But Maine is definitely something I need to experience..

Unfortunately this year trail 100 from Woodford to Somerset Reservoir and Dover will be closed. That is going to be a huge hit and make it stupid busy on 7 with nowhere else for people to go. 😒

Ah no shit?!  How old are you, maybe you know my kids or nephews.  Sure we both know somebody if you grew up there.  I moved there in the late 90s, built a house on Jonathan Drive, actually moved just over the town line in Broad Brook 7-8 years ago now  Grew up in Vernon-Manchester back to Vernon then to Ellington.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

Ah no shit?!  How old are you, maybe you know my kids or nephews.  Sure we both know somebody if you grew up there.  I moved there in the late 90s, built a house on Jonathan Drive, actually moved just over the town line in Broad Brook 7-8 years ago now.  :bc: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Hmmmm.....my nephew is Ryan Wolverton I think he's 34 now, Ben Carlson, Greg Caron,  Luginbuhls (a bunch of those lol), Mosers,  etc.. are all about that age Small world  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

• Gold Member

Hmmmm.....my nephew is Ryan Wolverton I think he's 34 now, Caron  Luginbuhls (a bunch of those lol), Mosers,  etc..  Small world  :bc: 

Caron's for sure knew the twins,  Luginbuhl for sure ...haven't seen anybody in years but remember the names. I moved to Windsor when i was 12, unfortunately lol. 🍻👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Caron's for sure knew the twins,  Luginbuhl for sure ...haven't seen anybody in years but remember the names. I moved to Windsor when i was 12, unfortunately lol. 🍻👍

Ahh ok, just about the time we moved in. :lol:  :bc:  Cleverdon twins?  My brother married their mom about 7-8 years ago, so we're kind of related too  :lol:  .  They were great friends with the Carons, and their dad and i played in the same golf league.  Did you know Greg got both his legs blown off in Afghanistan?  He's back and fine, but went through hell getting back to the world and adjusting.  Played golf with him recently.

• Gold Member

Ahh ok, just about the time we moved in. :lol:  :bc:  Cleverdon twins?  My brother married their mom about 7-8 years ago, so we're kind of related too  :lol:  .  They were great friends with the Carons, and their dad and i played in the same golf league.  Did you know Greg got both his legs blown off in Afghanistan?  He's back and fine, but went through hell getting back to the world and adjusting.  Played golf with him recently.

Yes Greg's Mom told me years ago , she use to work at the bank and I would see Her. I remember feeling strange goimg in to see her knowing he was deployed and how worried she always was and I was just working my ass off making a bunch of $. Then that happened. I had no idea what to say. 😢

Small world indeed yup def remember the Cleverdon twins 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yes Greg's Mom told me years ago , she use to work at the bank and I would see Her. I remember feeling strange goimg in to see her knowing he was deployed and how worried she always was and I was just working my ass off making a bunch of $. Then that happened. I had no idea what to say. 😢

Small world indeed yup def remember the Cleverdon twins 

Very cool.  :bc:  It was funny playing a round with Greg and his dad a couple years back, Greg was smoking weed and had tunes going in the golf cart he whole round.  He was talking about his camo colored artificial legs, and how they were specially designed for golf, so he could twist.  He's explaining all this to me, puffing on a big joint.  His dad is as straight laced as they come, so it was a little odd to say the least.  I'd say he was probably ok with it, his boy certainly paid his dues and shouldn't have to answer to anyone.  I see the Cleverdon boys all the time, Mark is pretty high up in the S.Windsor PD.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Those Backwoods BMP boys from Maine sure make some quality stuff.👍🏼🇺🇸

C172FC94-EB9F-4ADC-949C-BA89194DD7DE.thumb.jpeg.c55e594233855e1f8ba31be3fac1b4e5.jpegB9AE2BF0-7BC4-4B63-9BDB-EC796E21ED1C.thumb.jpeg.9d8a89a2f33627ddae57d1706d4c5da2.jpeg

Looks really nice in that color 👍...I almost went with BMP but then I found the only Red BM Fabrications at the Grass Drags this year so bought that. They both look great compared to the Polaris aftermarket one. I like the extra lower protection with the BMP and Polaris bumpers tho almost like a skid plate.

16405615526154114992030159336676.jpg

16405622035373711590985102334324.jpg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1