Check your account email address ×

84% of men over 50 are afraid of needles, and the jab study shows.

Opposite here.  In my 30's I've  let the doc cut a skin sample out of my leg then bailed when he sent me downstairs to the lab for blood tests.  Now that I am 50 i get blood work 2x a year and have had a couple dental implants so  over the fear at this point.  

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I don't really understand the being afraid of needles thing

It is odd.

Only thing I can think of .

Could be people over 50 in America still have the early fourm of our vaccine papers on our arm ? I still vividly remember standing in line in school the kid would go in the current would shut then a sound like air then the crying would start then the next kid had to go in . In today's world we would all prib be diagnosed with PTSD after that ordeal 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

It is odd.

Could be people over 50 in America still have the early fourm of our vaccine papers on our arm ? I still vividly remember standing in line in school the kid would go in the current would shut then a sound like air then the crying would start then the next kid had to go in . In today's world we would all prib be diagnosed with PTSD after that ordeal 

I vividly recall standing in the hall, lined up to get jabbed in school.  listening to that , thump.. over and over till it was your turn it WAs sort of torture like the first time.  

Edited by old indy

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

X2.

Just another “you are all afraid” bullshit narrative.

Real men get vaccinated!!!   They just don’t get their hands dirty.   I have finished out the day with my fingers taped up and a ball of bloody paper towels wrapped around my hand.  Many times . 

Used to work with a guy you would think of as pretty 'tough'. Not afraid of anything, did all kinds of heavy work. Nurse came to the office to give flu shots. He wanted to skip it, we talked him into getting the shot. As soon as the nurse pulled the needle out, he did a face plant on the table, fainted. 

Some people REALLY don't like needles. Has nothing to do with hating to see blood, it's different. 

• Haha 1

I'll be the first to say, I hate needles.  I shouldn't be, since I've had hundreds of jabs since I was a kid and all of the surgeries I had on my feet.  But to this day, I still can't stand them.  Yes, I'll go through whatever requires a jab but it's almost like taste aversion the moment that alcohol pad is used to wipe down my arm.  It's a sick feeling (without actually getting sick, or fainting).  I just close my eyes or look the other way and get it over with.

Edited by Bontz

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

It is odd.

I remember...

I totally made this whole shit up, statistics and all when I saw a bunch of jab posts this morning.  Thought about the funniest jab I could and 'the Doc' from Cannonball Run immediately came to mind.  :)

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

X2.

Just another “you are all afraid” bullshit narrative.

YOU ARE AFRAID of your wife taking 1/2 your shit.  

51 minutes ago, Catalina said:

Used to work with a guy you would think of as pretty 'tough'. Not afraid of anything, did all kinds of heavy work. Nurse came to the office to give flu shots. He wanted to skip it, we talked him into getting the shot. As soon as the nurse pulled the needle out, he did a face plant on the table, fainted. 

Some people REALLY don't like needles. Has nothing to do with hating to see blood, it's different. 

When I was a kid I got allergy shots all the fucking time, in my 20s the place I worked did quarterly blood draws for lead, had to do stomach injections of Lovenox for a month on myself after the first time I survived blood clots, and more... never bothered me one bit.  BUT, also when I was a little kid I was getting a filling and the dentist went a little overboard with the novacaine needle, and from that point forward I've never let a dentist stick a needle in my mouth for a filling or filling repair.  I have a pretty high threshold for pain and it freaks out most every hygienist or dentist I've encountered since.  The most interesting thing I've watched first hand was the second time I survived blood clots and they shoved the cath and tube up my groin, through my heart and into my lungs.  Science and technology is fucking amazing. :)

My old boss was a tough fucker but similar to your story, when the vampire came to work for the blood draws, if he looked, black out city.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Real men get vaccinated!!!   They just don’t get their hands dirty.   I have finished out the day with my fingers taped up and a ball of bloody paper towels wrapped around my hand.  Many times . 

Yeah, we’d be knee deep into the “you’re a racist for not getting the jab” by now if it weren’t for their negroes not getting it either.

So, BE A MAN!  GET THE VAX!

Pffft…suck it.

• Platinum Contributing Member

No electrical tape?

Duct tape! 
In the winter when my thumbs split open. I do a couple shots and wife sews them back together. 

Best thing is to dump some concrete dry mix on it 2nd best still wet cement 

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Opposite here.  In my 30's I've  let the doc cut a skin sample out of my leg then bailed when he sent me downstairs to the lab for blood tests.  Now that I am 50 i get blood work 2x a year and have had a couple dental implants so  over the fear at this point.  

A guy I used to work with was the biggest hypochondriac I ever met, every ache and sniffle required a doctor visit. The only problem was he was deathly afraid of needles, he actually had to lie on a table with an ice pack on his forehead to get blood drawn. :lol: