Check your account email address ×

Facebook hacked???

ckf

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/03/tech/facebook-whistleblower-60-minutes/index.html

The identity of the Facebook whistleblower who released tens of thousands of pages of internal research and documents — leading to a firestorm for the social media company in recent weeks — was revealed on "60 Minutes" Sunday night as Frances Haugen.

The 37-year-old former Facebook product manager who worked on civic integrity issues at the company says the documents show that Facebook knows its platforms are used to spread hate, violence and misinformation, and that the company has tried to hide that evidence.
"The thing I saw at Facebook over and over again was there were conflicts of interest between what was good for the public and what was good for Facebook, and Facebook over and over again chose to optimize for its own interests, like making more money," Haugen told "60 Minutes."
"60 Minutes" correspondent Scott Pelly quoted one internal Facebook (FB) document as saying: "We have evidence from a variety of sources that hate speech, divisive political speech and misinformation on Facebook and the family of apps are affecting societies around the world."

34 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It's more then just FakeBook. I'm kind of happy about this   :lol: 

Same!!! I hope Zuckerberg is losing his shit right now, the slimy POS that he is.  The icing on the cake is, Instagram supposedly is down too.  God I would love to see all forms of those shitty sites get blown up (and yes, I admit I'm guilty of using Facebook)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

can you imagine how many phonecalls are happening right now to describe what they ate for lunch? 

Insanity...  It could leave tomorrow and while Id be rather bored, it would be a nice situation. 

Like... You? :lmaodance:

Dude, you're in FB jail more than anyone else I know.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Same!!! I hope Zuckerberg is losing his shit right now, the slimy POS that he is.  The icing on the cake is, Instagram supposedly is down too.  God I would love to see all forms of those shitty sites get blown up (and yes, I admit I'm guilty of using Facebook)

Zuck lost $7b in net worth today, just in case anyone else feels they had a bad day in the market. 

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Zuck lost $7b in net worth today, just in case anyone else feels they had a bad day in the market. 

Ol' memenoggin should be happy today, seeing one of these rich guys taking such a hit today :lol: Even with losing $7B the guy's still got a net worth over $120B, so I think he'll still be able to sleep at night.  

32 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Like... You? :lmaodance:

Dude, you're in FB jail more than anyone else I know.  :lol:

I'll text you a picture of my dinner later 

Last time I did 30 days was because I called someone a potato.. a fucking potato.... the world has gotten soft. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I'll text you a picture of my dinner later 

Last time I did 30 days was because I called someone a potato.. a fucking potato.... the world has gotten soft. 

Potato 🥔 ?

Was white trash already taken?

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Facebook marketplace is pretty good. Other than that, no. 

Yup, market place and trail reports about all I use it for, smashed out some chicks I met on there too..:junk:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Facebook hacked???

I read that data from 1.5 million users is currently for sale on the black market   :dunno:

:whistle: - - :stirthepot:

So that explains why there aren't sooooo many new threads being started in the C.E. today............. lam.gif.93ad86b463698881af7f55f8cbb49b88.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

x3

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Yup, market place and trail reports about all I use it for, smashed out some chicks I met on there too..:junk:

it got to the point the only way some clubs would report was on FB even with the clubs site up and running and I always thought it was BS

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

it got to the point the only way some clubs would report was on FB even with the clubs site up and running and I always thought it was BS

The majority of the clubs here are more active on fb than their website. I get it, the guy in the groomer can just post an update on the clubs FB page in a few seconds rather than trying to update a webpage