Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

4 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Me : " I am leaving this one alone" 

Also me : *texts tom at TKI  about a belt drive for it ... 

Smh I am weak. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

i've said that plenty of times. i know i'm lying, but i still say it

I think you are lying about still saying it

18 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Ok, it was more of a "I'm not modifying it too much"

Which immediately went to shit

My favorite line from me to my wife is when she asked me a few years back when I was tearing apart my new ride, “Why don’t you buy one that doesn’t need anything done to it?”  Without even taking my eyes off of my sled I immediately said, “They don’t make those.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My favorite line from me to my wife is when she asked me a few years back when I was tearing apart my new ride, “Why don’t you buy one that doesn’t need anything done to it?”  Without even taking my eyes off of my sled I immediately said, “They don’t make those.”

That's a fact jack!

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My wife learned that VERY early on. She also learned that I will buy even big ticket items on a whim and do so without even remotely running it past her. 

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

That's a fact jack!

LOL.  She asked me years ago why do you buy a new sled and bring it home and take it all apart.  No problem.  I just go to the dealership for a couple nights and take it apart there before I bring it home.

16 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

No wife no kids and if a girlfriend said it - she’s easier to replace than the sled. 

I'm really going to retire from my day job by the end of the year and my wife said we need to set some rules before you actually retire.  Told her no problem stay out of my shop.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just ordered a new lid, some bides and new riser.  Maybe I was inspired here tonight?  Meh...it's time to get ready I suppose.  Been procrastinating on studding.  

So you didn't get anything cool?

17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Not really.  Kinda excited about the FXR lid though.  Never had an FXR helmet.  The carbides do go on my new CA’s though…so that’s cool I guess.  

What color mohawk did you get for the top of it?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Doug said:

LOL.  She asked me years ago why do you buy a new sled and bring it home and take it all apart.  No problem.  I just go to the dealership for a couple nights and take it apart there before I bring it home.

Wish I had that sort of dealer and connection around me. I would work part time there in a heartbeat. 

Pulled the chaincase apart and got the skid out of the Indy today. Wow was that a fun little chaincase cover to get off. Actually not bad once I figured out the trick but my hoist was pushing right on the spot in the belly pan that I needed to flex to get the cover out. 

And what’s with these cut down hyfax? Had a set of red garland 24 series sitting on the shelf so that’s what’s going on. Looks like it already has some sort of tunnel/stud protectors as well? 

82494076-37D2-4383-95AD-E58D0ED822F7.jpeg

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

18 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Wish I had that sort of dealer and connection around me. I would work part time there in a heartbeat. 

Pulled the chaincase apart and got the skid out of the Indy today. Wow was that a fun little chaincase cover to get off. Actually not bad once I figured out the trick but my hoist was pushing right on the spot in the belly pan that I needed to flex to get the cover out. 

And what’s with these cut down hyfax? Had a set of red garland 24 series sitting on the shelf so that’s what’s going on. Looks like it already has some sort of tunnel/stud protectors as well? 

82494076-37D2-4383-95AD-E58D0ED822F7.jpeg

The short hyfax protects the crossover section of the heat exchanger.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

A little snow motivated me this morning.  Got 45 doubles of these fucking PIA’s in and then had just enough self sadism left to wrestle the C&A’s on.  

8D29DFCD-B002-40A7-B553-17C8CC64890A.jpeg

5D623BC3-B2FA-411A-AB17-BEBD79DD45FF.jpeg

2x4 on each side of the ski outside of the keel makes them much easier to get on with new rubbers

let's see the whole sled with the new black spindles and odds n ends

On 11/11/2021 at 5:39 PM, Doug said:

The short hyfax protects the crossover section of the heat exchanger.

Why are the actual hyfax all cut down every few inches for? Lightweight or some shit? I just put regulars on because I had a few sets laying around. 

Met up with my shock guy Friday night. He’s going to do the shocks this week. Going to make my own NSP greaseable pto side track bearing plate. Should be real hard. $.20 grease zerk, drill and tap. Boy I hope I don’t mess it up. 

Also got the call that my new Klim boots finally made it out of the Pacific Ocean and to Sled Solutions. Sounds like he’s finally getting a little bit of his own product trickling in too so I’m going to put his new quick lock setup on both sleds. 

9 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Why are the actual hyfax all cut down every few inches for? Lightweight or some shit? I just put regulars on because I had a few sets laying around. 

Met up with my shock guy Friday night. He’s going to do the shocks this week. Going to make my own NSP greaseable pto side track bearing plate. Should be real hard. $.20 grease zerk, drill and tap. Boy I hope I don’t mess it up. 

Also got the call that my new Klim boots finally made it out of the Pacific Ocean and to Sled Solutions. Sounds like he’s finally getting a little bit of his own product trickling in too so I’m going to put his new quick lock setup on both sleds. 

The hyfax only need to be long enough to protect the crossover area of the heat exchanger.  

You can tap the cover by the bearing or install a nutsert from the inside out and install the grease zerk in the nutsert.  Change the bearing out to a greaseable bearing or pull the seal off the cap side.

26 minutes ago, Doug said:

The hyfax only need to be long enough to protect the crossover area of the heat exchanger.  

You can tap the cover by the bearing or install a nutsert from the inside out and install the grease zerk in the nutsert.  Change the bearing out to a greaseable bearing or pull the seal off the cap side.

No, I’m talking about the actual track hyfax. They were all cut out down the sides. 

Already ahead of you on the bearing/zerk deal. :bc:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

No, I’m talking about the actual track hyfax. They were all cut out down the sides. 

Already ahead of you on the bearing/zerk deal. :bc:

You talking the notches milled out on the sides of the hyfax.  Was told to save weight....right.  

I use to take them on a table saw and cut a slot down the middle the width of the blade.  It then packs full of snow and when you were on a road or something and the hyfax got hot would melt the snow to help a little with lube.

• Like 1