Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

On 10/24/2021 at 8:36 AM, mnstang said:

There's alot I could say about that but I probably don't need to.  For what it's worth I thought your asking price was very fair, if not low, for that machine with a parts sled.

FB_IMG_1635188963352.jpg

• Haha 1

Ordered a pile of stuff for the Indy today. Hyfax, clutch springs, belt and driveshaft bearings. Might as well get the track swap done. Get the shocks refreshed while the skid is out. Clean/service the clutches. I still have to make a decision on what I want to run for carbides and get a set of those coming so I have them on hand for once the trails are covered with snow decent. 

11 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I still have to make a decision on what I want to run for carbides and get a set of those coming so I have them on hand for once the trails are covered with snow decent. 

Woody's Executives and for Bonus points to make that newly studded Cat track work to it's full advantage a set of C&A XPT's.

All joking aside, it's a worthwhile investment ;)

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I found this gem. 

13D715B8-0D08-42F3-AD34-086D5CA467CB.jpeg

Looks like something that crazy Swedish(I think) guy in the early 2010s slednecks movies would ride.

In other news if anyone was wondering how deep up ski doos ass the supertrax guys are, they’re now calling the Yamaha turbos 180hp to not downplay the almighty Mach 

58756FE4-C552-4022-A9A7-57FC667360BD.jpeg

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Woody's Executives and for Bonus points to make that newly studded Cat track work to it's full advantage a set of C&A XPT's.

All joking aside, it's a worthwhile investment ;)

I don’t want to turn my sled into a wanna be Cat sx sled, Jesus. :flush:

For $500 a set the fuckers better come with a racing pullover and a $10 gift certificate to Culver’s. 

Tell ya what, send me a set to try. I’ll even buy the mounts and then give the class a legit review. If I like them, I’ll put a Northstar Performance sticker on my sled for the rest of the season. Deal? 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I don’t want to turn my sled into a wanna be Cat sx sled, Jesus. :flush:

For $500 a set the fuckers better come with a racing pullover and a $10 gift certificate to Culver’s. 

Tell ya what, send me a set to try. I’ll even buy the mounts and then give the class a legit review. If I like them, I’ll put a Northstar Performance sticker on my sled for the rest of the season. Deal? 

I wasn't suggesting that you Zambrowski out your sled with SX skis, a chopped windscreen and Culver's decals.  Just remember the suggestion the first time it pushes through a corner and before you resort to putting snow trackers and some other crappy OEM skis on it.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I wasn't suggesting that you Zambrowski out your sled with SX skis, a chopped windscreen and Culver's decals.  Just remember the suggestion the first time it pushes through a corner and before you resort to putting snow trackers and some other crappy OEM skis on it.

I thought the NSP sticker part would have sealed the deal……. 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

DC935EF5-8062-4509-9BD5-E383594A1A22.gif

3 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I thought the NSP sticker part would have sealed the deal……. 

NSP sticker = 10 Monster stickers.  Be careful….pretty sure the HP add is the same.

28 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I am pre buying all my accessories this year. Adding the Garmin Tread to my 22 ZR 6000 RR as well. Might not have the sled till after Christmas but I can always play with the parts I guess.

My parts are starting to form in a pile and looking less fun every day.  Still…glad to have them.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

DC935EF5-8062-4509-9BD5-E383594A1A22.gif

NSP sticker = 10 Monster stickers.  Be careful….pretty sure the HP add is the same.

My parts are starting to form in a pile and looking less fun every day.  Still…glad to have them.

I said that I wasn’t going to wait to buy what I needed but I still did and was glad to get what I did. Sad as hell to have to say that though. 

And I still should really replace the tires on my trailer. They are 10 years old this fall. 

15 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I said that I wasn’t going to wait to buy what I needed but I still did and was glad to get what I did. Sad as hell to have to say that though. 

And I still should really replace the tires on my trailer. They are 10 years old this fall. 

Nawww.  Leave the tires. I am not at the trailheads often but, it’s becoming almost as fun as boat ramps to do people watching.

$25k of new sleds rolling out of a 30 year old enclosed with the axles ready to snap at any moment and the tires have more cracked tread on the sidewalls than where it should be.

I do kinda get it though.  Trailers have gotten outrageous!  I laugh just as hard as that new $15k “It’s all aluminum!!!” trailer people.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nawww.  Leave the tires. I am not at the trailheads often but, it’s becoming almost as fun as boat ramps to do people watching.

$25k of new sleds rolling out of a 30 year old enclosed with the axles ready to snap at any moment and the tires have more cracked tread on the sidewalls than where it should be.

I do kinda get it though.  Trailers have gotten outrageous!  I laugh just as hard as that new $15k “It’s all aluminum!!!” trailer people.

Get a laugh out of the guys with a brand new sled on an old open trailer with no cover and towing it up Nth in all the slush and salt from the roads.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Get a laugh out of the guys with a brand new sled on an old open trailer with no cover and towing it up Nth in all the slush and salt from the roads.

Can't agree more. My sleds are all older and I won't haul them without a cover. 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Some of the trailers I see bouncing up I-75 here are “special”, for sure. Mine aren’t even showing any cracking but I don’t like being “That guy” so…….

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Sorry, not going back to a steel frame.  Especially some piece of shit that comes out of down Souf.

Aluminum FTMFW!

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Sorry, not going back to a steel frame.  Especially some piece of shit that comes out of down Souf.

Aluminum FTMFW!

Why are you apologizing to me?  Steel for strength and short term carrying.  Aluminum for longevity (but not that long).

Personally, I’d take steel and buy a new one every 4-6 years or so if I felt it warranted.  I laugh at what aluminum sells for.  It’s really hilarious.

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why are you apologizing to me?  Steel for strength and short term carrying.  Aluminum for longevity (but not that long).

Personally, I’d take steel and buy a new one every 4-6 years or so if I felt it warranted.  I laugh at what aluminum sells for.  It’s really hilarious.

Aluminum retains its value.  A 5 year old steel frame sled trailer looks pretty haggard after 5 years.

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Aluminum retains its value.  A 5 year old steel frame sled trailer looks pretty haggard after 5 years.

It certainly retains more of its value but, overall, I’ve found steel to always be a better deal.  Aluminum isn’t the perfect hauler like many have claimed.  Some are top quality for sure, most aren’t.

• Gold Member

Speaking of aluminum trailers just got the call from my dealer I ordered my Nitro from and he had a Guy back out on an identical trailer that just came in today but with a few extras for same money. And dont have to wait another 3+ weeks.  😎

Fed Ex just dropped my Elite Rear Bumper to match my BM front. I dropped my Cargo rack at powdercoat shop this morning. Sweet day so far. 👌 

20211027_151807.jpg

• Like 1