Check your account email address ×

Biden left 85 billion in military assets in Afghanistan

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pffftttt….I’m good here and maybe use your head for a second and think about why that shit is being left behind and why we agreed to let the Taliban run the country.

You make a good point there jimmy

12 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Quite right. To maintain authority and control they will need help. Mostly money and weapons. Who will give that to them to keep radical terrorist entities at bay??? I bet it will be US. Think about it, the Afgans we trained folded like a deck of cards. The Taliban is quite formidable.  Why not pay them to be our ground troops fighting our mutual enemy, predominantly ISIS-K

You could be right. The Bush administration gave the taliban $45 million in 2001. Shortly before 9/11. Once again, america funded tomorrow’s enemies. 

Oh STFU racer.🤣
You also don’t sign peace deals with terrorists and release 5000 of them back onto the battlefield but you haven’t said shit about that one.

Still can't get off that false equivalence can ya....

Pffftttt….I’m good here and maybe use your head for a second and think about why that shit is being left behind and why we agreed to let the Taliban run the country.

you....of all people telling others to use their head.  Likely the most kneejerk reactionary guy on this board...yeah ok.  :lol: 

• Like 1

The Taliban got a real bad rap for their treat of women and harboring  Al-Qaeda. They were thought to be easily exterminated so we went to war in Afghanistan. But remember who perpetrated 9/11, it’s was Saudi radicals. And where did we find Bin Laden? In Pakistan living in a Pakistani military community…

The Taliban chose the wrong side 20 years ago and were made very miserable for 20 years. Hopefully they learned something. If not, there will be a US carrier group just to the south in the Indian Ocean able to bring hell’s fury upon them again. 

Imagine the Taliban Supreme Leader sitting at his desk in the Capitol and wondering if a cruise missal will soon be coming through his window for choosing wrongly. 

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

There were still French colonials in Vietnam when America pulled out. Fucking stupid American/European wars throughout history have left fragments everywhere. Insane. Dumb wars resulting in dumb results. 

Play stupid games…..

It’s simple, go to win….and in quick fashion or, don’t go at all.  “Hearts and minds” is idiocy.  And so is getting used to all the young men and women without limbs and other serious injuries.  Thanks DC…yet again.

3 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Getting out is good. Leaving with a humiliating defeat ...not good. Could have been easily avoided also.

There is no such thing as leaving in defeat without humiliation.  I don’t know when or if we are going to stop fucking around with these shitty Muslim countries.  I’d sure like to think this is it but, I don’t think so.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Humiliating defeat :lol: 

Like there was any possible way of winning anything there. And what was there to win? Fucking rocks? 

Just leave with our equipment & people. Not a win...but not a major loss either.

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

it's how we have left almost every conflict since the middle of the 20th century

Korea-  fail

Vietnam- fail

Somalia-  fail

Iraq- Fail

Afghanistan- fail

Damn...the sad truth right there.

11 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Just leave with our equipment & people. Not a win...but not a major loss either.

Damn...the sad truth right there.

I'd say that the entire 20 year operation was a major loss, regardless of the botched pull out game.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'd say that the entire 20 year operation was a major loss, regardless of the botched pull out game.

It sure put the exclamation point on it all though 

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

yes, then captured by the taliban

Exactly and that is solely on Bidens head how again? There is 20 years worth of blame to go around.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly and that is solely on Bidens head how again? There is 20 years worth of blame to go around.

Sure there is 20 years worth of blame no doubt, but this particular part is solely on BIDEN.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Who here voted for biden, stand up, be proud that you helped to support the taliban.

I did and I also support a taliban that is willing to adjust their behavior and join the modern world and is willing to fight on the ground in Afghanistan against our common enemy, that being radical al-Qaeda and ISIS-K

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

I did and I also support a taliban that is willing to adjust their behavior and join the modern world and is willing to fight on the ground in Afghanistan against our common enemy, that being radical al-Qaeda and ISIS-K

What do you support about their way of life?  Do you believe that they will make great use of your taxpayer dollars?  Why is it that we always leave our military equipment?  Why is it that the democrats who voted for biden want more strict gun laws in the US yet are willing to leave 600,000 small arms and ammo for our enemies?

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What do you support about their way of life?  Do you believe that they will make great use of your taxpayer dollars?  Why is it that we always leave our military equipment?  Why is it that the democrats who voted for biden want more strict gun laws in the US yet are willing to leave 600,000 small arms and ammo for our enemies?

All nice talking points, but I never said I was a Democrat. I am an independent and have my own mind. I don’t agree with any politician 100% and do not March in lock step with any one of them. I pick and choose among realistic agendas. And on one last personal note. My gun collection has a lot of my republican friends green with envy. 

37 minutes ago, Phenom said:

All nice talking points, but I never said I was a Democrat. I am an independent and have my own mind. I don’t agree with any politician 100% and do not March in lock step with any one of them. I pick and choose among realistic agendas. And on one last personal note. My gun collection has a lot of my republican friends green with envy. 

You said you supported a taliban.  Sorry, I don't but I was wondering why you do?  Also, you voted for a democrat with 47 years in washington, not sure how you can claim to be an independent and do that.

Edited by racer254

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You said you supported a taliban.  Sorry, I don't but I was wondering why you do?  Also, you voted for a democrat with 47 years in washington, not sure how you can claim to be an independent and do that.

MCLiar also claims to be an independent…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Is this claimed $85 billion of military equipment from the same source that said 80,000 Americans were trapped in Afghanistan? Just wondering. 

It's from the same source that counts covid statistics......,...........