Check your account email address ×

~~~~~Official 2021 4 wheeler & SxS Thread ~~~~~

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

Ya that $30k machine comes with a 6 month warranty where litterly half of the parts are not covered. 

Yup but oh here, you can buy this super expensive extended warranty that still doesn’t cover shit, but will make you feel better. :dunno:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It will be a year in August that I bought "Pepe the mule" and I have to say it has worked out well. Does a little of everything around the neighborhood.

PXL_20210219_130753886.jpg

I've been really eyeing up the Mule because I like Kawasaki's reputation. How do you like yours overall?

There are 1000's of miles of legal road routes designated for atv/utv riding thru out the state of Wisconsin now...Ive been riding Sauk, Adams, Marquette, Green, Iowa, LaFayette counties year round when the roads are not snow covered...Theres a big push here in Rock county to open some roads to atv's...

41 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I've been really eyeing up the Mule because I like Kawasaki's reputation. How do you like yours overall?

It has been pretty good. It pushes snow better than any quad I have had or seen and it rides nice so you won't spill your drink. I have only had one small problem which is more annoying than anything. It has a wet primary clutch which from the factory was packed with about three times as much greese as it should have so when it get hot the greese ends up coming out a weep hole which ends up on the belt which makes it slip. Open the cover and in ten minutes you have it cleaned out but it is a nit to pick. It is heavy as it has metal floor boards and a metal dump bed not slot of plastic like I had seen on many others. It pulled a 25 ft pontoon boat a mile down the road to the boat launch and backed it in. Not a sport SxS by any stretch as it tops out at about 40 and some change.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

So how many mi on it? How is it holding up? Are you ez on it or pound the piss out of it . 

I've got about 2K kms on it. It's been trouble free sofar and has been put to use thru some nasty trails. I don't pound the piss out of it and I'm not driving Miss Daisy

that's good it's been trouble free.  Mines getting it's second steering rack on Thursday when it shows up.  Superatv replacement lasted just over 250 miles so sending that back and using a used OEM until new OEM are in stock.   I removed those tires and wheels as they were too much for the machine (stocks 27 Maxxis not 32 intimidators) and i can see why the OEM rack went having to move them around.   

In 5 weekends of riding

1-  good,  had loose lugnuts which was my fault for not checking

2-  steering rack went 5 miles into the ride jammed in a bridge crossing

3-  overheated after 40 miles-  95 degree day flushed radiator and made it easier to pull the grill work future washing.  

4-  blew the bearing/hub right off the trailer 10 miles from where i was riding.  

5-  broke second steering rack 3 miles from camp day 2 of riding.  got it "fixed" for 30 miles the next day  

xxc.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Good grief - that sounds like riding sleds in the 70's!

wifes like don't you wish you bought a new one

fuck no saves 10k+ and i can break new ones as well.  I can't stomach paying 25k for a wheeler and used are as much as new right now.  

this is what i would like,  fucking 30.6 OTD no thanks

204055712_3882710368524435_2080652944407

new front tires, steering rack just showed up and axle replaced as it as clicking.  headed home to install the steering rack and yank the wheels for the new tires to get mounted tomorrow.  knock on wood for no problems this weekend.  

Edited by Angry ginger

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

that's good it's been trouble free.  Mines getting it's second steering rack on Thursday when it shows up.  Superatv replacement lasted just over 250 miles so sending that back and using a used OEM until new OEM are in stock.   I removed those tires and wheels as they were too much for the machine (stocks 27 Maxxis not 32 intimidators) and i can see why the OEM rack went having to move them around.   

In 5 weekends of riding

3-  overheated after 40 miles-  95 degree day flushed radiator and made it easier to pull the grill work future washing.  

4-  blew the bearing/hub right off the trailer 10 miles from where i was riding.  

5-  broke second steering rack 3 miles from camp day 2 of riding.  got it "fixed" for 30 miles the next day  

xxc.jpg

Good lord, what a POS. Maybe you should purchase a quality product from Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki. Poo and Can Am seem to be the garbage of the side x side world.

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

In 5 weekends of riding

xxc.jpg

Red, I lost THOUSANDS on my OUTTY 800, and my Machz 1000. Both bought brand new................they were NFG!!!

BRP sucks. 

My Polaris Sportsman is 7 years of daily use and abuse, and only 22 dollars worth of relays. 

5 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Good lord, what a POS. Maybe you should purchase a quality product from Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki. Poo and Can Am seem to be the garbage of the side x side world.

I'm not a polaris guy but when i bought my ranger i test drove a few different brands and the ranger was best for my needs. Put 4k mi on it last summer and broke 1 axle. Otherwise it was  nothing but oil changes. Was driven hard but held up better than i expected 

16 hours ago, snoughnut said:

My next will still be a can am or poo.   they all have issues,  yamaha,  honda etc.    you can't pound things into rocks and expect them to be perfect.   previous owner ran big tires and tracks so that OEM rack failing is not unexpected.  

I had a local indy mechanic throw an axle in the Can am yesterday.  one thing he did say is rear diff on can am way better than Polaris.   I needed the axle pressed out of knuckle so if i pulled it myself i'd have saved $60 but had to take it to be pressed out,  at that point way better to let him do it.  Good thing because diff side didn't want to come out either.  

21 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I had a local indy mechanic throw an axle in the Can am yesterday.  one thing he did say is rear diff on can am way better than Polaris.   I needed the axle pressed out of knuckle so if i pulled it myself i'd have saved $60 but had to take it to be pressed out,  at that point way better to let him do it.  Good thing because diff side didn't want to come out either.  

It had to be pressed out because it was rusted together. You're machine has seen higher than average abuse.  The chance you take buying a used modified machine.  You lost this battle.

3 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

It had to be pressed out because it was rusted together. You're machine has seen higher than average abuse.  The chance you take buying a used modified machine.  You lost this battle.

yup.  had i known it was ever run with tracks i would not have bought it for that reason.   o had 2 other knuckles out with no issue but that one was not going.   boot was torn at some point and it go water in it.  

End of the day I'm still saving money from new and dealing with some maint was expected.   I also have no fucks given while driving it at a fairly aggressive pace.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

The 3 wheeler decided to not want to idle once it gets warm, but runs well on 1/2 choke once warm.  

Grrr

Pilot jet is plugged. Remove the screw and blast it with carb cleaner. Stick the straw right in the hole as far as it will go. Wear safety glasses.

lots of rocks where we rode yesterday,  made it home in one piece,  section of skid plate ripped off i am going to finish washing it then pull it into the gaage to take off my doors and reinstall them with some rubber washers to help the clanking/banging from them.  after the ride the club had a fundraising dinner/full moon ride.   96 machines fortuantely my group was number 2-4 in the line so out of there at the end quick

PXL_20210627_140749480.jpg

• Like 1

In the 1,500 or so miles on my General, the only issue has been with the belt and associated clutch.

Long story short, the belt at some point will throw a false code, putting the rig in limp mode. Once it starts, it progresses till you ain't riding. Change the belt and clean the clutches and good to go.

It's the clutch's fault, and Polaris has sent out a notice to swap out the helix  and some weights...

Rolled it over and it started right up. Tough rig.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 1:32 PM, Angry ginger said:

lots of rocks where we rode yesterday,  made it home in one piece,  section of skid plate ripped off i am going to finish washing it then pull it into the gaage to take off my doors and reinstall them with some rubber washers to help the clanking/banging from them.  after the ride the club had a fundraising dinner/full moon ride.   96 machines fortuantely my group was number 2-4 in the line so out of there at the end quick

PXL_20210627_140749480.jpg

Nice l;ookin' rig.