~~~~~Official 2021 4 wheeler & SxS Thread ~~~~~

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

sold my OG maverick last night.  Did not get what i really wanted but i got more than i paid.  did cost me $225 for a steering rack and $300 for an axle.  

How are you liking the Polaris?

12 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

How are you liking the Polaris?

Love it.   Going to  install new springs tonight which is my only complaint,  sags so preload is way cranked up and harsh riding on small bumps now.  also needs beadlocks which are on order just because i don't want to run with a spare.  better springs you could literally drive it out of the showroom and never need to touch anything.  My tune/exhaust are overkill.  But my lord the sound when it's running hard.   

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 8:15 PM, racinfarmer said:

Do you like the YXZ?  I've been thinking about buying one, but can't bring myself to do it with having to trailer it to trail ride. 

yes we love it! the sport shift is fun! and we have more miles then we have done lately on the snowmoblie, and there are a lot of people that host rides you can join and meet lots of people here in WI. its a lot of fun way more than I expected.

I haven't made the switch to the SxS l like the maneuverability of the ATVs and I don't want to widen the trails up at the cabin. Here a pic of it fresh off the trailer after I picked it up from the dealership back in 2017.

20170630_192536.jpg

Edited by MnDean
  • Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 9:33 AM, Angry ginger said:

everyone whose gotten the CFmotos seems to like them a lot.  

I was thinking hard about them . Know a guy who works for them could get a real good price . I really like a lot of the stuff they do like clutches  Like zerks on all the arms tiers rims all the extras like roof winch etc .

Just the China thing makes me nervous.  And the 50 is pretty low power .

Looked sort of deep on the web air box looks to be the week point and takes a lot of them down . But guys who go the extra mile with the air box look to be putting on real mi with no real issues

Edited by Ez ryder

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I was thinking hard about them . Know a guy who works for them could get a real good price . I really like a lot of the stuff they do like clutches  Like zerks on all the arms tiers rims all the extras like roof winch etc .

Just the China thing makes me nervous.  And the 50 is pretty low power .

Looked sort of deep on the web air box looks to be the week point and takes a lot of them down . But guys who go the extra mile with the air box look to be putting on real mi with no real issues

Dig deep enough and they all have a issue,every brand. I'm taken back by how something so simple like changing a filter is lost on people. These things are not tanks or jeeps but folks treat them like they are the complain they broke.
Mine had the fan pop a fuse second ride, water in the connector. Add grease and move the connector to shed water.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:15 PM, Midwestboat said:

2019 Polaris General 2500 miles northern WI and the U.P.992791221_2021-03-1214_43.16HDR.thumb.jpg.f0831d87d040884a96129a194706abee.jpg517014988_2021-03-1409_39_20.thumb.jpg.27531a1760624d141ccf4cc90479934a.jpg1823790941_2021-03-1409_39_27.thumb.jpg.affec88ae4d58bd5cfdd3545092677dd.jpg

2021-03-14 09.39.42 HDR.jpg

That is on way to nice of shape for 2500mi . I was already on new fenders and 1 headlight and both rocker panels cracked windshield so scratched up it needed to be replaced  up by 2500mi lol. I may be a bit to hard on them I guess .

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got a call today the new rzr trail is arriving at dealer tomorrow.  I am happy . But just last week I called dealer and asked of any update on when they were going to start building the 22s and they said they have not gotten word  yet . They said mine was the first 22 to there dealer 

• Like 2

Got a call today the new rzr trail is arriving at dealer tomorrow.  I am happy . But just last week I called dealer and asked of any update on when they were going to start building the 22s and they said they have not gotten word  yet . They said mine was the first 22 to there dealer 

It's tight sparky 

20210820_161750.jpg

20210820_161739.jpg

• Like 2

So I spent a bunch of time looking at a cf moto trail like a few times .

Just could not pull the pin .

Now after going over this 22 rzr trail for a few hrs I have to say imho the cf moto is a better built chassis/bushings/ arms etc  than the rzr trail   I was real worried about the China motor and diffs. 

Not sure how the cf would hold up to abuse but will see how long the trail dose lol. the wildcat was getting pretty slopy after 3500mi . 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

Just a fyi . Load your cart do everything but check out  at both superatv and utvdirect let the shit sit 3 days they will send you a code for 10% off the shit in your cart .

Not a huge deal but saving me just over 100 bucks for procrastination 

Screenshot_20210823-193119_Gmail.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Haha 1

2500 miles on the XP 1000 General.  Love this thing. One belt issue is all that happened.

Reference bead locks... don't want to carry a spare; my only flat was a sidewall. Buddy as well.

When you think you don't need a spare.... you do.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

2500 miles on the XP 1000 General.  Love this thing. One belt issue is all that happened.

Reference bead locks... don't want to carry a spare; my only flat was a sidewall. Buddy as well.

When you think you don't need a spare.... you do.

i'm carrying a patch kit for that reason,  plugs on a sidewall are useless.  

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm carrying a patch kit for that reason,  plugs on a sidewall are useless.  

But they will usualy get you home if you stuff enough of them in there . Factory tires are all garbage most 4 ply at best .

Almost every atv and sxs I have owned had rims and tires put on with in a mo . 

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

But they will usualy get you home if you stuff enough of them in there . Factory tires are all garbage most 4 ply at best .

Almost every atv and sxs I have owned had rims and tires put on with in a mo . 

side by sides are typically 8 ply in the bigger machines.  plugs on a sidewall didn't get the last atv we had an issue with home where a 2x2 glue on patch would have.  

Its why we have a mix of gluetread and slime patches among the group of machines as only 1 carries a spare.  

POLARIS SXS SHOULD DO 

so if you own a poo sxs you should really think about doing a 2 min preventative maint job 

Zip tie your master cylinder and the rez together .

So this weekend my bud was like my breaks are feeling weak. 2020 rzr 1000s  . We start looking and the master cylinder was missing a important part . the tank on top.lol 

Well we got to trailer started some redneck engineering with some vacuum hose stuffed in to master cylinder tank grommets .  filled with some dot 4 pumped the peddle till stiff zip tie hoses to frame weekend saved . 

As we were fixing a guy walks over and says fuck me I thought I was the only one this ever happen to . 

So again save your future self some headaches with a 10cent zip tie and 30 seconds 

Edited by Ez ryder

funny you posted this because i have a brake issue now,  tanks still there so going to try to bleed it.  No one else was home and i can't find my pump bleeder so ordered up a new one since i have air in the garage now.  think the pads were low and when i buried it i got all sort of shit in them.  cleaned them out,  new pads across the board and now need to get the system back.