~~~~~Official 2021 4 wheeler & SxS Thread ~~~~~

27 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I have it in my ranger. It's not bad but there is some heat all the time even without the fan running. I've thought about installing a bypass but it looks difficult so havent done it.

I would think 2 t and 2 valves would do it . But don't see that in the kits I am seeing . And theses things are miserable enough in July and Aug with out even more heat added to the mix 

anyone seen pics and details of the new Polaris all electric ranger sxs ?  supposedly to have 110 HP doesn't sound too bad as long it gives me like 50-60 miles of range and then at the end of the day  charge them overnight. 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

On 12/1/2021 at 8:36 PM, Ez ryder said:

So do any of you assholes have aftermarket cab heat in your sxs? 

How much heat is coming out of them in the summer ? Or are there under hood valves to completely turn them off in the hot month's? 

none sometimes i turn the fan on just to move some air when going slow. this is on my general i bought the polaris heater i installed it. also have a ranger with heat same thing. i looked at aftermarket heaters and said no. the polaris heater is made by mobile climate control

On 12/1/2021 at 8:36 PM, Ez ryder said:

So do any of you assholes have aftermarket cab heat in your sxs? 

How much heat is coming out of them in the summer ? Or are there under hood valves to completely turn them off in the hot month's? 

Inferno in mine, I just close the vents in the summer and also have the hard doors off. they are plumbed into the bypass line for warm up so you really can't tun them off, but I don't have any problems with them getting heat in summer with vents closed

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

Inferno in mine, I just close the vents in the summer and also have the hard doors off. they are plumbed into the bypass line for warm up so you really can't tun them off, but I don't have any problems with them getting heat in summer with vents closed

I saw the newest inferno has a bypass valve you plumb in right by the motor.  Bit more of a pita to rum plumbing than just tapping in under hood but not world ending 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I saw the newest inferno has a bypass valve you plumb in right by the motor.  Bit more of a pita to rum plumbing than just tapping in under hood but not world ending 

it doesn't get any hotter in it than it normally in summer would and see no reason to put a shut off inline, Inferno is a quality unit built in USA and designed to fit what it is being installed in, would not hesitate to purchase another, hope this helps

On 12/4/2021 at 8:41 PM, Angry ginger said:

mounted the plow,  figure i'll try it before selling it maybe i will like it.  

winter2.jpg

I just got mine done . Pita but I had to do the winch the plow mount the power turn etc etc 3 nights of puffing in the garage 

Screenshot_20211209-223713_Messages.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 11:38 PM, Ez ryder said:

I just got mine done . Pita but I had to do the winch the plow mount the power turn etc etc 3 nights of puffing in the garage 

Screenshot_20211209-223713_Messages.jpg

Thats what I hated when I had a plow on my old Kawie Prairie 650 quad.  No ability to adjust the plow angle without getting off and manually doing it.  Plus the winch lift would often get bunged up if I let out too much cable.  Usually broke it once a year.  Plowed like a mother though when I had to get work done.

• ckf unpinned this topic