Check your account email address ×

2022 Ski-Doo Release

• Platinum Contributing Member

I don't get all the surprise about $20k for a hyper sled. When I bought my 900 Fusion back in 2004, I paid $11300. I looked at a Mach Z at the same time and it was $13500.

This is 17 model years later and we haven't even doubled the prices yet.

Considering the tech in that new Mach Z, its a bargain.

Good 

4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Good read, sounds like they liked it.  Did not know Doo is saying it's a one year model only.  Because of that they will sell a shit ton of them and then bring it back next season due to popular demand.

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Good 

Good read, sounds like they liked it.  Did not know Doo is saying it's a one year model only.  Because of that they will sell a shit ton of them and then bring it back next season due to popular demand.

....Or they did one year run because they knew it was not what the people have been wanting for 15yrs and they knew they wouldn’t sell any of them except to a handful to absolute die hards that are happy because of the name.

Edited by 800renegaderider

47 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

....Or they did one year run because they knew it was not what the people have been wanting for 15yrs and they knew they wouldn’t sell any of them except to a handful to absolute die hards that are happy because of the name.

It's completely ridiculous to think they'd build a sled they thought nobody wanted.

54 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Could definitely be as you describe but from a business standpoint it's smart because for this same reason they will sell and if they do they can always sell some more.  If not they keep it to one season and suddenly those that bought one have another low production run sled for the collection.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Love to see all the tech in sleds.....as long as it works.  Said it before NOBODY compares to tech in sleds compared to skidoo.

I'd disagree....yamaha had alot more tech....too bad they gave up on sleds

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

It's completely ridiculous to think they'd build a sled they thought nobody wanted.

Well they did. I’ve been skimming multiple websites about the release I have yet to see one person says they are going out to buy one. Have you? All I’m seeing is people happy the Mach is back and disappointed people about it not being over 200hp and not being a 2stroke triple. A lack luster 20k sled that no one is gonna want.

Edited by 800renegaderider

12 minutes ago, Dave said:

I'd disagree....yamaha had alot more tech....too bad they gave up on sleds

When?   20 years ago?   Nobody has compared tech wise to Doo since at least 2010.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

What actual percentage of sledders give a fukk re launch control ??????

More crap to get dumb sledders in trouble.

How many? I have no idea but if you have the technology and can implement it why not?  If the sled was literally what Cat did with the Yammie and just lower it and put a speed track on everyone would be bitching even more about the price.  At least BRP tried to differentiate it a bit from the XRS model to make it somewhat unique.  

As for dumb sledders I am not convinced this is the reality.  There are a lot of dumb people and some of them sled but there are far more of them that do not.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

When?   20 years ago?   Nobody has compared tech wise to Doo since at least 2010.  

Yamaha and cat had factory turbos way before doo...all doo has done is copied others tech and refined it...

Doos suspension front and back is cats design.

Only thing do can take credit for is rider forward....

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Well they did. I’ve been skimming multiple websites about the release I have yet to see one person says they are going out to buy one. Have you? All I’m seeing is people happy the Mach is back and disappointed people about it not being over 200hp and not being a 2stroke triple. A lack luster 20k sled that no one is gonna want.

Did you watch the live video feed of the release?  If you did you also saw the absolutely stupid comments by the majority of fuckbook idiots.  I am sure during this same research you also saw thousands of posts of how the colors suck - again, how there is no LED headlight - again, how they don't build the exact sled I want - again. 

Do you assume from these same comments that nobody is going to spring order a new sled this season?  While everyone is picking this sled apart for it's cost and the fact that it did not come with a 3 year warranty and 300HP stock there are buyers that will buy it.  Just like someone that will pay $20K over sticker for a fucking Mustang that is .7 seconds quicker to 60MPH.    

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't get all the surprise about $20k for a hyper sled. When I bought my 900 Fusion back in 2004, I paid $11300. I looked at a Mach Z at the same time and it was $13500.

This is 17 model years later and we haven't even doubled the prices yet.

Considering the tech in that new Mach Z, its a bargain.

I paid 12,800 for my Renegade 900 turbo in 19, this sled is really just a pumped up version of that.  I expect they'll sell a bunch, but the rest of the line up is same same with some ugly ugly ass colors imo.

9 minutes ago, Dave said:

Yamaha and cat had factory turbos way before doo...all doo has done is copied others tech and refined it...

Doos suspension front and back is cats design.

Only thing do can take credit for is rider forward....

Doo's suspension adjustability is not Cats.   A factory turbo 4 stroke does not make them equal to Doo when it comes to tech.   Engine wise on the 2 stroke side Doo has been miles ahead of the competition when it comes to tech.   Doo was building an SDI in 2005.  When did Cat go beyond the standard 2 stroke EFI?   Wasn't all that long ago.

And by tech I'm not just talking about engines.   Across the board Doo leads in tech.   Hell people still put Doo accessories on other brands.    My last 2 new sleds were not Doo's.   I just know engineering and manufacturing and I'm telling you Doo has been a leader for quite a while on both. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

What actual percentage of sledders give a fukk re launch control ??????

More crap to get dumb sledders in trouble.

NO SLED CAN DO 0-60 in 2 seconds derrrrrrrrr!!!!

fucking shameless moron....kill yourself

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Doo's suspension adjustability is not Cats.   A factory turbo 4 stroke does not make them equal to Doo when it comes to tech.   Engine wise on the 2 stroke side Doo has been miles ahead of the competition when it comes to tech.   Doo was building an SDI in 2005.  When did Cat go beyond the standard 2 stroke EFI?   Wasn't all that long ago.

And by tech I'm not just talking about engines.   Across the board Doo leads in tech.   Hell people still put Doo accessories on other brands.    My last 2 new sleds were not Doo's.   I just know engineering and manufacturing and I'm telling you Doo has been a leader for quite a while on both. 

Ok....Cat had adjustable suspension before doo...so did yamaha....ill give you the accessories....

Doo is a copycat....they buy other peoples tech and call it their own....where do you think etec tech came from.....

:lol:

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Did you watch the live video feed of the release?  If you did you also saw the absolutely stupid comments by the majority of fuckbook idiots.  I am sure during this same research you also saw thousands of posts of how the colors suck - again, how there is no LED headlight - again, how they don't build the exact sled I want - again. 

Do you assume from these same comments that nobody is going to spring order a new sled this season?  While everyone is picking this sled apart for it's cost and the fact that it did not come with a 3 year warranty and 300HP stock there are buyers that will buy it.  Just like someone that will pay $20K over sticker for a fucking Mustang that is .7 seconds quicker to 60MPH.    

Don’t have facefuck so no I didn’t. Listen I get it your upset because your probably a die hard doo guy like myself but the facts are this things is a huge fucking dud. It is exactly what no one wanted that was even at all interested in wanting a new Mach. There is literally no reason to buy this you can buy the base 900t put less than a grand in a tuner and stutter box and have a faster sled with 5k left over for fancy shocks if you wanted them. The only reason someone will buy this is a collector or the guy with money that wants it for the name.

4 hours ago, Dave said:

Ok....Cat had adjustable suspension before doo...so did yamaha....ill give you the accessories....

Doo is a copycat....they buy other peoples tech and call it their own....where do you think etec tech came from.....

:lol:

Sorry but neither cat nor doo had an externally adjustable rear suspension.   I'll list just a few things Doo has had the other haven't had or copied.

-Smart tether tied specifically to the sled and where a dealer can make timing and other adjustments.

-Rave valves.

-Externally adjustable limiter on mt. sleds.   Yes Cat had on for one year on the race sled on the HB but it was junk.

-2 stroke Turbo.

-System for automatic sumerization/fogging.

-Break in mode. (now they all have it)

- 2 stroke engine tech they all have been playing follow the leader.....well except Yam...they just gave up because they couldn't compete 20 years ago.

-Batteryless electric start.

-Engine reverse on 2 strokes.   Now they all have it.

Doo just does the little things very well.   Still the only one where you can change windshields without tools.

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Renegade XR-S with a 600r, 2 ply track, extra reinforcements, and pull start... Looks like they built a model specifically for cross country racers, I like it.

SKI-MY22-REN-X-RS-COMP-SPEC-ENNA_PDFx.pdf 1.85 MB · 5 downloads

its their iron dog sled without the name.  prob had to pay for the use of the name and decided it was not worth it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Sorry but neither cat nor doo had an externally adjustable rear suspension.   I'll list just a few things Doo has had the other haven't had or copied.

-Smart tether tied specifically to the sled and where a dealer can make timing and other adjustments.

-Rave valves.

-Externally adjustable limiter on mt. sleds.   Yes Cat had on for one year on the race sled on the HB but it was junk.

-2 stroke Turbo.

-System for automatic sumerization/fogging.

-Break in mode. (now they all have it)

- 2 stroke engine tech they all have been playing follow the leader.....well except Yam...they just gave up because they couldn't compete 20 years ago.

-Batteryless electric start.

Doo just does the little things very well.   Still the only one where you can change windshields without tools.

think polaris finally changed that with the matryx.  my buddy has an old 10 foot trailer and has to carry the tool to pop the clips from both our polaris to load them, no idea why they would just not have used darts and grommets sooner