Check your account email address ×

2022 Ski-Doo Release

now I am hearing rumors of etecs is being slowly dying, which explains why we are seeing more ACES motor options,  NA , 130 , 150 and 180 HP options , BRP already killed their 2S outboards , not saying 2022 could be the last year 2S options for the sled but may be getting close getting axed.  

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

1 minute ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

now I am hearing rumors of etecs is being slowly dying, which explains why we are seeing more ACES motor options,  NA , 130 , 150 and 180 HP options , BRP already killed their 2S outboards , not saying 2022 could be the last year for etech motors  for the sled but may be getting close getting axed.  

They just came out with a new 600 EFI 2 stroke for the 500 class with the 900 NA.  They will still need the 850 for the mountains.  Evinrude ETEC was cancel cultured completely.  They are probably positioning themselves for the future, unlike Polaris.

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

They just came out with a new 600 EFI 2 stroke for the 500 class with the 900 NA.  They will still need the 850 for the mountains.  Evinrude ETEC was cancel cultured completely.  They are probably positioning themselves for the future, unlike Polaris.

Polaris just did a deal with zero motorcycles. Apparently they’re skipping the 4 strokes and going right to electric.😮😮😮

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

No thanks for this guy :lol: ,  its hard enough as it is just to find premium non ethanol gas on trails. 

Not saying I like it...but this is what’s up. The battery systems lose a lot of range in the cold weather. I don’t know how they’re going to give you decent range with current technology. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. :dunno: 

11 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

The irony with the Evinrude outboards is that they quit just as boat sales went way up. If they held on for a few more months they might have been ok.

Mandatory Ethanol will kill 2 stroke production

Be interesting to learn about the "Cable Throttle Housing" on every model of the 900R. My 2016 eventually went back to BRP over the drive by wire that couldn't be fixed and I haven't owned a DBW since.

The Mach with a production Anti-Lag motor is pretty impressive, hopefully it ain't tin foil.

6 hours ago, Edmo said:

Not saying I like it...but this is what’s up. The battery systems lose a lot of range in the cold weather. I don’t know how they’re going to give you decent range with current technology. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. :dunno: 

If they can get decent range out of one they are going to rule. Think about the mountain guys. Not only no loss of power but gobs more power and torque AND lighter. Trail sleds with a 200 mile range would be the shizz too. I mean I'll miss the sound and the smell of 2 stroke on all of my gear but would be some wicked machines

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

If they can get decent range out of one they are going to rule. Think about the mountain guys. Not only no loss of power but gobs more power and torque AND lighter. Trail sleds with a 200 mile range would be the shizz too. I mean I'll miss the sound and the smell of 2 stroke on all of my gear but would be some wicked machines

They could lower and further center the mass too....could improve handling significantly 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They could lower and further center the mass too....could improve handling significantly 

Oh yeah the potential is huge. battery range and availability of charging is the only issues I see right now. Lots less parts, No more coolant, pistons, pipes, oil, maybe even no more clutches. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh yeah the potential is huge. battery range and availability of charging is the only issues I see right now. Lots less parts, No more coolant, pistons, pipes, oil, maybe even no more clutches. 

For sure no more clutches and belts 

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

range anxiety would have me tweaking out by the side of the trail. Sunday i was figuring a 225 mile ride,  340 miles later i was back.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

range anxiety would have me tweaking out by the side of the trail. Sunday i was figuring a 225 mile ride,  340 miles later i was back.  

Nothing sucks worse than looking at that last blinking bar as you feather the flipper hoping like hell you can make it.  Suck city...and shit ride.

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Think of all the money the bars and restaurant could make charging sleds... 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nothing sucks worse than looking at that last blinking bar as you feather the flipper hoping like hell you can make it.  Suck city...and shit ride.

i had the gauge flashing heading to our first fuel stop for about 30 miles.  i knew the gauge was off but even then i still worried a bit.   Same when the oil light started flashing that night so i took  us out of the way to grab a quart.    

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck my last etec would be hollering " low fuel!!!!" get to the pump and it only takes 6.5 gallons in a 10 gallon tank. Fucking hated that

Just now, Anler said:

Fuck my last etec would be hollering " low fuel!!!!" get to the pump and it only takes 6.5 gallons in a 10 gallon tank. Fucking hated that

my doo was better than my poo is.   8 gallons taken 30 miles after the gauge started flashing.  Reminded me of how bad the Rev was with the compass in the tank.  

Just now, Anler said:

Well that sounds really gay. 

it's bad this year for stops with the Covid.  planned on late breakfast sunday morning only to get there and have it be closed for the season.   waited 30 minutes at a lunch stop since there was not much open as well.