Check your account email address ×

Post a picture!

23 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

It's called "fall thatching". 

Neighboring club years ago use to have a late fall grass drag get together.  They'd go to the high-school and "borrow" some bleachers.  Starting light was a red 12 volt light and battery using jumper cables to turn the light on.  One year they had a rear wheel drive Cadillac line up with a front wheel drive Cadillac.  Don't asked me who won.

Was a great time and a lot of fun.

Talked to one of our landowners yesterday that has some storage garages.  Said I should have stopped out yesterday because a guy bailed on his storage garage and it had an old snowmobile in it with a bunch of other junk.  He didn't want to deal with so he just threw it in the burn pile and burned it.  Looks like it was a Wildcat.

20231026_115530.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Drive in to work this morning!

IMG_1029.mov 30.77 MB · 2 downloads

It was quite the "welcome back to winter driving" start, wasn't it?  I told my teammates who were also in the office today, it was almost like the complete opposite of a normal wintry commute. It was actually better on the windy parts of the road vs. the wind protected areas.

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

It was quite the "welcome back to winter driving" start, wasn't it?  I told my teammates who were also in the office today, it was almost like the complete opposite of a normal wintry commute. It was actually better on the windy parts of the road vs. the wind protected areas.

Yep those open areas were clear sailing!Nice to see the snow but a bit early yet!!!

Was hoping to get some trails marked this weekend but may be a bit wet to get out!!

19 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Yep those open areas were clear sailing!Nice to see the snow but a bit early yet!!!

Was hoping to get some trails marked this weekend but may be a bit wet to get out!!

I was out and smashed some cattails last night and was surprised with all the rain we’ve had how dry it still was in them.  Bridge work next…

50 minutes ago, Doug said:

So much for backing away on rebuilding shocks.

20231110_130955.jpg

LOL ... you're the guy I was just joking about with one of my co-workers :lolz:  We were talking about retirement, and the guys we know who've retired.  How, when we see them, they all say the same thing: "I have no idea how I ever had time for work!  I'm more busy now than when I was working full time!"

:bc:

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

LOL ... you're the guy I was just joking about with one of my co-workers :lolz:  We were talking about retirement, and the guys we know who've retired.  How, when we see them, they all say the same thing: "I have no idea how I ever had time for work!  I'm more busy now than when I was working full time!"

Yup - know a guy here that’s the same - he was the MNUSA Vice President until just a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

It happens trust me.  The ones that don't last long after retirement are the ones that just sit around.

Took the Snars GPS tracker out of the groomer we sold,  talked to a landowner about the trail, did some minor brushing on a lane by him and now going out to the garage to start rebuilding shocks.

Still better than working :good:

• Like 4