Post a picture!

On 6/15/2023 at 9:38 PM, mnstang said:

I got a couple of cool garments this week.  

PXL_20230616_011017349.jpg

PXL_20230616_011050806.jpg

Did you visit Harlan to get those?

On 6/16/2023 at 4:41 PM, Doug said:

race and rally 1981.jpg

Frans is a really great guy.  See him a couple times a year.  He helped at the I-500 the couple years we raced down from Winterpeg.  

22 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I know it can be boring as hell, but there’s something about just zooming across an open field like that leaving a tingling feeling all over….

Did a lot of riding on stuff like that this year.  One of the few times I wished I had a 800cc+ machine.

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Did a lot of riding on stuff like that this year.  One of the few times I wished I had a 800cc+ machine.

The riding I did this year the clubs really did a great job on the trails.  👍👍

21 hours ago, Doug said:

Making a 4 cylinder F/A 2 stroke crankcase.

Wish this guy would have finished that series.  It was very interesting to watch from a hack machinists perspective, and a sledders perspective too.

Been doing a lot of cleaning this weekend.  Found these.  All 3 volumes of the Flight 365 book Gary Walton used to put out.

image.png.4b4aad429b1313bdea2f5d4f984f7c09.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Wish this guy would have finished that series.  It was very interesting to watch from a hack machinists perspective, and a sledders perspective too.

Been doing a lot of cleaning this weekend.  Found these.  All 3 volumes of the Flight 365 book Gary Walton used to put out.

image.png.4b4aad429b1313bdea2f5d4f984f7c09.png

Friend that's into vintage Yamaha's is in the early stages of building a 3 cylinder F/A Yamaha.  I gave him a 01 650 polaris bottom end to start with.  Should stop out by him to see how it's coming.

20 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Did you visit Harlan to get those?

Frans is a really great guy.  See him a couple times a year.  He helped at the I-500 the couple years we raced down from Winterpeg.  

Nope, who is that?

14 hours ago, Doug said:

Friend that's into vintage Yamaha reworked the cowl and seat on a Kitty Cat into a Yamaha GP for his son

FB_IMG_1687469801978.jpg

How about a Merc?  This is me in 1975.

E376D02D-01A5-4CED-9DC7-BFC71C4134E6.jpeg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm going to drop this one right here...

May be an image of text that says 'LEVEL POWERED BY DENnIS WE SHIP TODAY PREMIUM EXPERIENCE DENNISKIRK LEVEL3 LEVEL PREMIUM EXPERIENCE+ Expedited Entry Free Site Parking EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE PWE Commemorative Lanyard Badge Dedicated Viewing for Freestyle Expo Exclusive Access to Premium Experience Lounge Powered Kirk Catered Lunch Premium Experience Lounge Complimentary Beverages 3 Drink Tickets Access toPremum Cash Premium Experience Lounge Officially Licensed Hay Days Box 1P) All-Inclusive Dennis Kirk Gift Card All-Inclusive Grass Drags Mud Accompanied Access $50 $100 Meet and Greet with Athletes and Racers Golf Cart Privilege (Bring 0wn) $250 $500 (.us pairs) $1000 (Mustb boughti pairs)'

I want to get a Princeton swap one of these years.  Not thrilled about baby sitting the swap spot all the time but I want to do it just to do it and see how it goes 

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I want to get a Princeton swap one of these years.  Not thrilled about baby sitting the swap spot all the time but I want to do it just to do it and see how it goes 

I had more fun at Princeton then Haydays most years.

Don't go to Haydays anymore since it is always at the end of Super Nats, and the last thing I want to do is go there on the drive home.

$1000/person to go to Haydays blows my mind though, and you have to buy 2.  

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 6:10 PM, mnstang said:

We did it a couple years in a row a few years back. It was definitely a good time being there on site.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our club bartended tonight at the County fair and they only had Anheuser Busch products for beer.  I'm not a beer drinker but was really surprised how much Bud lite has been effected.  We sold two 24 packs of Bud lite and cracked open a 3rd.  Sold 14 30 packs of Busch lite and some Budwiser.

Last year it would have been just the opposite between Bud Lite and Busch lite.

20230802_221856.jpg

20230802_195728.jpg

20230802_195207.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Of the sleds that I had still say the Axys Pro-S was one of the best riding sleds for me.

I had that exact sled, and agree with ya 100% ... they were fantastic trail sleds.  And the other thing that always impressed me with that rear design - they never got hot.  People couldn't get over the looks of them though, which is unfortunate.  My '16 ProX is still one of my favorites of all time.

• Like 1