Check your account email address ×

Conservative New Hampshire paper backs Biden -- its first Democratic endorsement in 100 years

I’m even surprised....

Conservative New Hampshire paper backs Biden -- its first Democratic endorsement in 100 years

Source: CNN

The New Hampshire Union Leader, a conservative-leaning newspaper, has endorsed Democratic candidate Joe Biden for president, despite its century-long history of backing Republicans. In backing Biden, the newspaper endorsed its first Democratic candidate in over 100 years. 

"Building this country up sits squarely within the skill set of Joseph Biden. We have found Mr. Biden to be a caring, compassionate and professional public servant," the Union Leader editorial board wrote on Sunday. "He has repeatedly expressed his desire to be a president for all of America, and we take him at his word." 

The paper's editorial board did however highlight what it calls "significant" policy disagreements with Biden, which the board says it expects to spend a "portion of the next four years disagreeing with." 

"Joe Biden may not be the president we want, but in 2020 he is the president we desperately need," the editorial continued. "He will be a president to bring people together and right the ship of state." 

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/25/media/new-hampshire-union-leader-democrat-endorsement-joe-biden/index.html

I read the story it’s hilarious. It says trump did a good job and Biden isn’t who we want but we just want to go back to the way it was before so we’ll hold our nose and endorse Biden. You would think with MC posting this it would be a ringing endorsement. It’s not anything like that

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, jtssrx said:

I read the story it’s hilarious. It says trump did a good job and Biden isn’t who we want but we just want to go back to the way it was before so we’ll hold our nose and endorse Biden. You would think with MC posting this it would be a ringing endorsement. It’s not anything like that

He skims through looking for keywords or phrases he likes then posts the links claiming victory and superiority 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

He skims through looking for keywords or phrases he likes then posts the links claiming victory and superiority 

He’s the Snowrider of the site now. It doesn’t matter what the left does he supports it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

He’s the Snowrider of the site now. It doesn’t matter what the left does he supports it

Without a doubt that's him and it's hilarious he claims to be an Independent 

• Like 1

There's not much discussion from the left or most of the media on crowd size and turnouts for Trump anymore. His inauguration was compared to Obama but since then......

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I can't wait till this election is over.  regardless of who wins america will survive and maybe just maybe at some point we will see a return to some sort of normal discourse between people.  

I agree and I hope for some normalcy. I don't think if, and I don't think he will, Trump loses, the cult like following won't be able to handle it and the divide will get worse.