Check your account email address ×

ECHO, STIHL, OR HUSQVARNA?

44 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Just make sure your batteries are charged...  would you go into the woods without spare gas?  What if the epa certified carb fucking does it normal thing on you while in the woods.  What if your recoil rope breaks?  What if you seize the motor due to the leaness of a modern saw?

leading a horse to water is easy....  making them drink is another story:

All good points. I'll search for my nearest Echo dealer for the 5 year warranty, otherwise I think I'll buy the Stihl from my home town dealer. 

I'm not at all against electric power tools, last year I bought a cordless trimmer and love it, sold my gas trimmer this summer - that fucking thing ran so lean and 15-20 pulls to start the dumb thing, it was 2 years old and I sold it for $40 just to get rid of it :lol:

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Buy from whoever dealer is best. All good saws. I buy Stihl but I have a close dealer that’s great.

True dat. My stihl dealer at my last house was awesome. Bought a used John Deere lawn tractor, Yamaha generators, $40.000 Kubota 5740 they brought in from another dealer, on my request, many Stihl products and a used land pride finish mower, that was going to auction. Got the finishing mower home  and the gear box was fucked. Called them the next day and was asked if I bought it at auction. Nope, bought it sight unseen from Rob, my go to sales guy pre auction. They tore it down and it needed a gear box. They did everything I expected. 3 options. All my money back. Give me a new gear box, I install. They install a new gear box,  for cost of labor only. I chose option 3. Sold that mower 10 years later for most of what I paid for it.

Stewarts in Ospringe, Ontario

My new stihl dealer Hastie's in Springmount is the same top notch service. Bought a 160 saw, a pole saw and some other stuff. 

Dealer is paramount. 

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I need a new helmet. I left mine in the shed and the mud wasps made a home in the ear piece. It was ancient anyway.  

Edited by Shifty

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

Echo is underrated 

Could be, I've never had one. Had a Husky at one of the farms I worked on and it was not as reliable as the Stihl saws we had. That's a one off, but it built brand loyalty to me to Stihl. i can honestly say my Stihl products are as good as I've ever found. IMO worth the extra money they may command..

Lol, I still buy Ski doo with rotax 2 stokes. Brand loyalty...but I am very familiar with rebuilding the rotax 2 stroke engine....that's both good and bad 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Could be, I've never had one. Had a Husky at one of the farms I worked on and it was not as reliable as the Stihl saws we had. That's a one off, but it built brand loyalty to me to Stihl. i can honestly say my Stihl products are as good as I've ever found. IMO worth the extra money they may command..

Lol, I still buy Ski doo with rotax 2 stokes. Brand loyalty...but I am very familiar with rebuilding the rotax 2 stroke engine....that's both good and bad 

STIHL has earn a good rep no doubt you can't go wrong.

We started buying ECHO backpack blowers to save money, it worked out they perform as well as our STIHL do - ECHO  couple hundred cheaper.

Edited by 1trailmaker

In June Stihl had a 2 battery w/charger deal on this cordless Stihl FSA 57 36 volt when I was in for bar oil for my saw. 199.99

I walked out with it and have run it for up to an hour so far and it still had pop left. It cuts like a gas model too.

its awesome for what I use it for.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/trimmers-and-brushcutters/battery-trimmers/

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

STIHL has earn a good rep no doubt you can't go wrong.

We started buying ECHO backpack blowers to save money, it worked out they perform as well as our STIHL do - ECHO  couple hundred cheaper.

Had  a buddy of mine that worked for Briggs an Stratton,  He told me they could make an engine as good as Honda, but it would be a tough sell, cost almost as much.

Most people already had the thought that Honda was the pinnacle..I've got Honda motors on a generator, a water pump, and a pressure washer...they are all just bulletproof.

If they don't start on the second pull. you've done something wrong.

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I have an ECHO dealer 30 miles from me and a STIHL dealer 4 blocks away. The 5 year warranty I think is going to win out, but first I'm going to talk to my local guy first.

Both are closed until Tuesday.

My bud cuts wood for a living. Started buying echo because dealer was honoring the 5 year warranty for him.

Says he's had them all and the echos work excellent, especially in the cold.

P9050468.thumb.JPG.9c001ea15dab20e68f9729ec4cc49e4b.JPGOh, let's not ask Znotty about chain saws!! What the fuck does he know?

4 Jonsered saws

2 Jonsered Brushcutters/Trimmers

I Echo Brushcutter/Trimmer

1 Echo backpack blower

Fuck Znotty now. He's got a junk shoulder, and lost a bundle in the market.

He's just an old, fat, broke-down, broke-ass old bastid on the chicken farm. 

I could tell him just what saw to buy, but I ain't gonna'!!!   Nope, he shouldda' come to me right off the bat!!!! 

I been so pissed-of today about this, that I've been pacing back and forth in front of the chicken coop!!!!   :bashhead::bashhead::bashhead:

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

P9050468.thumb.JPG.9c001ea15dab20e68f9729ec4cc49e4b.JPGOh, let's not ask Znotty about chain saws!! What the fuck does he know?

4 Jonsered saws

2 Jonsered Brushcutters/Trimmers

I Echo Brushcutter/Trimmer

1 Echo backpack blower

Fuck Znotty now. He's got a junk shoulder, and lost a bundle in the market.

He's just an old, fat, broke-down, broke-ass old bastid on the chicken farm. 

I could tell him just what saw to buy, but I ain't gonna'!!!   Nope, he shouldda' come to me right off the bat!!!! 

I been so pissed-of today about this, that I've been pacing back and forth in front of the chicken coop!!!!   :bashhead::bashhead::bashhead:

Ever hear of a Strunk chainsaw?

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

In June Stihl had a 2 battery w/charger deal on this cordless Stihl FSA 57 36 volt when I was in for bar oil for my saw. 199.99

I walked out with it and have run it for up to an hour so far and it still had pop left. It cuts like a gas model too.

its awesome for what I use it for.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/trimmers-and-brushcutters/battery-trimmers/

What are you cutting, log's or limb's?. Just wondering. I was looking at them when I bought my last one. I ended up buying a gas saw because we cut our firewood and didn't think the electric saw would last.

13 minutes ago, small-bore said:

What are you cutting, log's or limb's?. Just wondering. I was looking at them when I bought my last one. I ended up buying a gas saw because we cut our firewood and didn't think the electric saw would last.

It’s a weed wacker.