Check your account email address ×

ECHO, STIHL, OR HUSQVARNA?

Oh the joys of living in a small town. Ran into the owner of my local dealer at the bar last night and turns out he dumped Stihl and now sells Husqvarna. So after a couple vodkas we opened up the shop and I came home with this new Husq 450, 2 chisel chains, a file, and bar oil all for cheaper than any online price I found for just the saw!

IMG_20200906_071254_9.jpg

• Like 7

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, XCR1250 said:

Doesn't surprise me at all, shame though.

Stihl chainsaws are manufactured in the United States and China. The company has a facility in Virginia Beach, Virginia and Qingdao, China. “Made by STIHL” is a brand promise – no matter the location of production. Each chainsaw undergoes tried-and-tested STIHL quality control and high standards.

Husqvarna chainsaws come from many countries even though the label says made in “Sweden” or “USA”. The company has facilities and subsidiaries in Sweden, France, Germany, United States, China, and Brazil. It’s most likely that each chainsaw is made up of components that are sourced from one or more of these countries.

I run Solo and Dolmar saws..Made in Stuttgart, Germany. Solo won't export to the states anymore, emissions BS. Makita purchased Dolmar about 7-8 years ago, the pro saws are still German made.

Efco makes a pretty nice saw made in Italy, they sound awesome, very unique

3 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Oh the joys of living in a small town. Ran into the owner of my local dealer at the bar last night and turns out he dumped Stihl and now sells Husqvarna. So after a couple vodkas we opened up the shop and I came home with this new Husq 450, 2 chisel chains, a file, and bar oil all for cheaper than any online price I found for just the saw!

IMG_20200906_071254_9.jpg

Nice saw, shop local!!!:bc:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Stihl chainsaws are manufactured in the United States and China. The company has a facility in Virginia Beach, Virginia and Qingdao, China. “Made by STIHL” is a brand promise – no matter the location of production. Each chainsaw undergoes tried-and-tested STIHL quality control and high standards.

Husqvarna chainsaws come from many countries even though the label says made in “Sweden” or “USA”. The company has facilities and subsidiaries in Sweden, France, Germany, United States, China, and Brazil. It’s most likely that each chainsaw is made up of components that are sourced from one or more of these countries.

I run Solo and Dolmar saws..Made in Stuttgart, Germany. Solo won't export to the states anymore, emissions BS. Makita purchased Dolmar about 7-8 years ago, the pro saws are still German made.

I have some Solo equipment, very well made. Echo saws friends have are great saws with no issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

He threw a tach on it and out of the box this sucker hit 11,700 RPM, she's a ripper!

Awesome, that's a good saw homie, will last you a lifetime. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I remember faggot dave bought the Dolmar saw, fucker probably hasn't been out of the box since :lol2:

Edited by Fireball 440
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I haven't looked at new saws in quite awhile, Jonsereds and now made in China? My last one I bought at Farm & Fleet in Rice Lake. Not even sure how many saw I have but I believe 9, only 2 are Johnnies.

You have MORE SAWS than me????????????????      :mc::mc::mc:

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Actually it's 10 saws, just counted, BUT, 3 are pole saws including a DeWalt 20 volt Pole saw.

I could use one of those pole saws. I ALWAYS have branches that need cutting  around the place, but I can't get up there.   

A Stihl dealer had a beauty  in the store about a year ago. I should have picked it up. Looked real good.   :thumb:

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

I could use one of those pole saws. I ALWAYS have branches that need cutting  around the place, but I can't get up there.   

A Stihl dealer had a beauty  in the store about a year ago. I should have picked it up. Looked real good.   :thumb:

Find 1 that extends as far as possible, some only extend up a few feet.

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

That are handy as fuck, go buy one

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I have a 16 foot walk up both sides fiberglass step ladder I have to use sometimes to get at branches, heavy sucker but works when I need more height..

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Find 1 that extends as far as possible, some only extend up a few feet.

I just looked at it very quickly, I was in there to get something else. It looked wicked good. If I hadn't hurt my shoulder, I think I would go back and look at it now. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

I could really use one now. I've got a bunch of stuff that needs cutting.   

Unless you're cutting close to a building with a plug in get a battery powered Pole saw.

Edited by XCR1250

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I have a 16 foot walk up both sides fiberglass step ladder I have to use sometimes to get at branches, heavy sucker but works when I need more height..

I'm a bit leery of cutting on a ladder. My luck, something would go wrong. 

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Unless you're cutting close to a building with a plug in get a battery powered Pole saw.

Actually, all the branches that need cutting are within about 100 feet of a building. I could use an extension cord on them.