Check your account email address ×

Vermont Now Has Mask Order

Gov Scott has been resisting an order all along. Maybe Trumps sudden change helped prompt the order?  If so...good job Donald :bc:

I think that just leaves NH as the only state in the northeast without a mask order.  Live Free or DIE   :lol:

He forgot to mention Twitter as a place for misinformation in the bold, LOL

Bingo on the red

Today, to help protect the progress we've made combating COVID-19 and stay one of the healthiest states in the nation, I signed an Order that will require masks to be worn in public spaces, both indoor and outdoor, where physical distancing is not possible.
Because Vermonters have followed Health Department guidance and cared for one another, our positivity rate is frequently the lowest in the country, and right now, we have fewer cases than any other state.
Importantly, we haven’t lost a Vermonter to this virus in over a month.
But looking at the situation in the South and West, and with modeling showing outbreaks may be spreading back toward the Northeast, we need to protect our hard-won gains. This is a much better approach than having to roll things back, like they’ve done in states like California.
I’ve said all along, mandating masks doesn’t necessarily make it so. That’s why we’ll continue to move forward with our education campaign, because reducing the spread of the virus, and keeping Vermont healthy and open is the ultimate goal.
First, I want to acknowledge there are some who can’t wear a mask, for health reasons like asthma, or other conditions. So, let’s give each other the benefit of the doubt.
For those Vermonters who don’t fall into this category but have resisted wearing a mask, I’m ASKING you to look at the data, the REAL data, not just something you see on Facebook. The science is real and wearing a mask will help your family, friends and neighbors stay healthy.
So if we want our kids to go back to school; if we want the place we work, or eat, or shop to stay open; if we want our health care system and hospital beds to be available when we need help; then wearing a mask and physically distancing is the best way to do that.
So please, help us out -- wear a mask -- not just because it’s mandated, but because it’s the right thing to do for our seniors, for our kids, for own health, and for our economy. #MaskOnVT

I am comfortable with them requiring one here.  But until they do I am not wearing one unless the store specifically requests it which most now do along with the restaurants.   I've been around the same people here in my office since the beginning so none of us are wearing them here.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Roughly half the population of Rhode island in the second largest state in New England. Social distancing is daily life in VT the mask is just over kill.

With tourists around the small stores have gotten busy. There isn't always enough space to socially distance. Same thing in the small Post Offices.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Every store I have been in here in southern NH requires a mask. I have no problem with wearing one.

prior to this week the only places I had been in that required them are the restaurants.  the rest were just recommending them. With the state giving them out free for employees and customers no reason anyone can't find a mask.  we got 500 or so disposable last month from the state and we sent out 2500 cloth ones to employees and i have another 500 sitting in the office right now.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

It all started with one person.

Now it's here there is no stopping it.   All we are doing is prolonging it.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

I won’t wear a mask if I don’t have to....they can take these bullshit orders and stick them up their ass. Fucking retards. This is clearly and blatantly about control at this point. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I won’t wear a mask if I don’t have to....they can take these bullshit orders and stick them up their ass. Fucking retards. This is clearly and blatantly about control at this point. 

yet the numbers and flareups are far better in countries that went to requiring masks early.  While we don't have a death problem and minimal hospital problems  masks are pretty simple way to slow the spread

• Like 3

Just now, Angry ginger said:

yet the numbers and flareups are far better in countries that went to requiring masks early.  While we don't have a death problem and minimal hospital problems  masks are pretty simple way to slow the spread

I don’t believe a simple cloth mask does anything at all. If you have to cough or sneeze you cover your face regardless unless you’re a fucking retard. The mask does literally nothing in the way of inhaling aerosols. It’s a bullshit placebo and about control. I’ll put one on in a clinic or if a business requires and I absolutely have to go in but if these fucking pigs think I’m wearing one walking down the street they are free to try and arrest me or ticket me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tinker said:

SMFH

Show me 1 Doctor or Nurse or any intelligent human that walks upright that isn't wearing one. It takes longer to impregnate yur cousin than slide a goober shield over yur mouth.

It literally does nothing....take that mask and shove it up your ass

Meanwhile the rest of the civilized world is moving on.

I hate wearing masks.  Not going to deny that fact.  I also hate screwing around without a plan.  It's kinda like hoping retirement will take care of itself.  Good luck with that plan.

I think you guys would be pretty amazed how normal things have become in countries that became proactive. 

Sure, some of the stuff isn't much fun.  (Masks are way up on my list.)  I'm also tired of dinkin around.  We are smart enough to get past this junk.  We could do it a hell of a lot faster if we did something.  It is pretty hard to win a war with one soldier.  It's not much better when everyone in the platoon is fighting about strategy and does nothing.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

He should get a mask that says kill your self faggot on it.:lol:

Fixed it for you

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Looks like nations who took early precautions are now seeing another wave regardless of what they tried. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/world/coronavirus-response-resurgence-wave-intl/index.html

Cnn is liberal fake news! 

Edited by Kev144

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Looks like nations who took early precautions are now seeing another wave regardless of what they tried. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/world/coronavirus-response-resurgence-wave-intl/index.html

Meanwhile we are still in the first wave with no end in sight.

• Like 1

I have known too many people that have caught it and recovered to be the least bit concerned about this cold. My sister who was a religious mask wearer and beleiver being the latest.

Masks:lol:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I have known too many people that have caught it and recovered to be the least bit concerned about this cold. My sister who was a religious mask wearer and beleiver being the latest.

Masks:lol:

Another FSCE scientist. Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express. :lol:

• Haha 1