Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Builders are hard to find here in NS that you can trust. We've known him for 10 years and he only has a small crew but has all the trades he needs. We got a decent quote and he said if we go over that then we have exquisite tastes lol.

That seems to be the problem everywhere.  Lol.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

:lol:  Thats pretty much what we do too.  Thankfully our tastes are very similar.  I'm way more decisive than she is though, takes me about 15 seconds, "yup, I like that one", she'll fret for days.  So I let her fret, and narrow it down for both of us.

Yep , was funny what I chose was all her first choices.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

When we redid our kitchen I went one day with the wife looking at shit.

On the way home I said " hey , I got a great idea , why dont you go pick 3 of everything and bring the pics of them home , then we will choose" 

By then she was already sick of my bitching and jumped on it. I was overwhelmed with the what shade of the 82 shades of white do you like best

We were quoted $30K for the kitchen alone and the wife said she didn't think that was enough lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

There's plenty of properties here in Nova Scotia. We bought the lot (1 acre) for $46K two years ago with deeded access to the lake and have a monster dock and our pontoon there

Oooffff.  Thats half of what a decent lot is around here, and no water.  Last weekend we were at a party at a buddies house, that is off the grid, on an island, but right on the shores of Long Island sound.  Just beautiful.  He's all solar and generator, which is too rustic for me, but man, being on the water is nice.  Good lakefront is getting hard to find. 

25CFC716-218C-4B16-8EF5-A589B35DEA13.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Oooffff.  Thats half of what a decent lot is around here, and no water.  Last weekend we were at a party at a buddies house, that is off the grid, on an island, but right on the shores of Long Island sound.  Just beautiful.  He's all solar and generator, which is too rustic for me, but man, being on the water is nice.  Good lakefront is getting hard to find.

There's a beautiful lot not far from here that's all treed but level 3.67 acres the son has listed for $49K. It's not on water but would make a great building lot

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

There's a beautiful lot not far from here that's all treed but level 3.67 acres the son has listed for $49K. It's not on water but would make a great building lot

Nice, thats doable.  We're torn, some nice lakefront still in Maine, but thats far from the kids and we want the grandkids visiting.

Just now, smokin george said:

Our grandkids are a 5 min walk from our place that's why ended up here. 

Sounds like the perfect retirement home.  We dreamed of building our own little subdivision, with all 4 daughters and their husbands (1 still unattached  :lol: ) as neighbors.  Wishful thinking I'm afraid.  :lol: *Can you ride right from your house?

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sounds like the perfect retirement home.  We dreamed of building our own little subdivision, with all 4 daughters and their husbands (1 still unattached  :lol: ) as neighbors.  Wishful thinking I'm afraid.  :lol: *Can you ride right from your house?

Very little snow here and a 4.5 hour trailer to Cape Breton or New Brunswick. We can go out in the sxs on the trails here during the winter

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Very little snow here and a 4.5 hour trailer to Cape Breton or New Brunswick. We can go out in the sxs on the trails here during the winter

Nice we crossed into NB last winter from Maine, left from our camp in Jackman.

Shirley’s 1977 Championship Dragster on display in Santa Ana, CA. Owned by Dave Mandela completely restored for events and cackle fest’s, at the Lyon Air Museum in Santa Ana, CA. This picture with the black airplane, a Douglas A-26 Invader was shot by photojournalist Royce Rumsey.

IMG_1809.thumb.jpeg.26a6cbfbec16f28d1ff54033b48b8ac9.jpeg

• Like 1

Right about this time of year, in the motherland of Roseau Minnesota, fifty years ago... this beauty and eight more like it were being put together in the Polaris race shop. They were the pinnacle of technology at the time, made of magnesium, titanium, aluminum and extremely light fiberglass. 

This 650cc machines comes in at just under 300 lbs, and was somewhere around 110 to as much as 120 horsepower. Can you imagine this thing racing on both snow and ice tracks?? Must have been the rush of lifetime! 

Yes sir, we are coming up on the 50th Anniversary of Sno-Pro, the first ever, all pro racing circuit for the snowmobile factories. 

Stan Hayes, riding this machine and a 340 version, would come out on top of the heap, with team mate Larry Rugland right on this tail.

IMG_1816.jpeg.4b7cf09a29df30cb340141e2d6822247.jpeg

• Like 7

On 9/2/2023 at 1:47 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right about this time of year, in the motherland of Roseau Minnesota, fifty years ago... this beauty and eight more like it were being put together in the Polaris race shop. They were the pinnacle of technology at the time, made of magnesium, titanium, aluminum and extremely light fiberglass. 

This 650cc machines comes in at just under 300 lbs, and was somewhere around 110 to as much as 120 horsepower. Can you imagine this thing racing on both snow and ice tracks?? Must have been the rush of lifetime! 

Yes sir, we are coming up on the 50th Anniversary of Sno-Pro, the first ever, all pro racing circuit for the snowmobile factories. 

Stan Hayes, riding this machine and a 340 version, would come out on top of the heap, with team mate Larry Rugland right on this tail.

IMG_1816.jpeg.4b7cf09a29df30cb340141e2d6822247.jpeg

Friend is good friends with Doug Hayes.  Meet him a couple time at his old shop in Crandon great guy and better stories.  Both of Doug's sons work at Polaris.

• Like 1