Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

22 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Looks nice, but $700 bones for a HF service cart is steep.

I've seen a lot of comments saying it should be branded "Icon" for the price.

13 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Snap-on basically same cart 1,999. I think it’s a pretty good price. Some of those harbor freight boxes/carts are decent for the money.

I have the 5 drawer service cart and am very happy with it, especially since mine was $185 when I bought it, but even at the current $240 it is still a great box for the price.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here use the 10% off anything coopin this weekend?

I scored up the 30" 1 drawer service cart.

No but did visit “horrible” because I left my 2 5/16 ball and wrench up in MN.  Picked up some d rings and a few other odds and ends also. Made me kinda feel bad about “dissing” them.  They alright!

On 7/1/2021 at 11:40 AM, 800renegaderider said:

Snap on 3/8 impact broke while back sent it out to get rebuilt 3-4 weeks ago. They couldn’t rebuild I guess so gave me a brand new one pretty sweet deal thought I’d share.

1FDF0D50-42B6-4C64-82CC-29752BC61A93.jpeg

Gonna be honest, I wouldn’t give a bucket of piss for pretty much any cordless, or air powered,  Snap-On power tool except my cut off wheel or my air hammer.  Stupid over priced and under powered.

My little 18 volt Makita will over power it, has lasted longer than all of the Snap-Ons in my shop and cost like 1/2 as much. The new Milwaukee’s will straight kill them. Good on them for taking care of it though. 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Gonna be honest, I wouldn’t give a bucket of piss for pretty much any cordless, or air powered,  Snap-On power tool except my cut off wheel or my air hammer.  Stupid over priced and under powered.

My little 18 volt Makita will over power it, has lasted longer than all of the Snap-Ons in my shop and cost like 1/2 as much. The new Milwaukee’s will straight kill them. Good on them for taking care of it though. 

I agree I have some Milwaukee stuff and a Mikita drill and it’s lasted longer than the snap on. I have bunch of snap on cordless stuff that I’ve had for years it’s all broke and gotten rebuilt never had to rebuild any of my Milwaukee or Mikita stuff. Snap on batteries blow to I can’t count how many I’ve gone through. I just thought it was good of snap on to get me a new one as the one I wanted rebuilt again 2nd time was probably 4-5yrs old and well over warranty so to get it replaced at rebuild cost was a good deal.

• Like 1

torque converter bolts are being total pieces of shit. i am going to take a break and look for some liquid wrench. i spend all morning fucking with the power side post because it does not lower all the way to unlock the arms. the carriage chain is either too short or some dumbass fucked up at locating some components. in about 3 or 4 months the chain will have worn out enough to lower than post all the way

image.jpg

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

torque converter bolts are being total pieces of shit. i am going to take a break and look for some liquid wrench. i spend all morning fucking with the power side post because it does not lower all the way to unlock the arms. the carriage chain is either too short or some dumbass fucked up at locating some components. in about 3 or 4 months the chain will have worn out enough to lower than post all the way

image.jpg

Blue wrench 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

image.jpg

Who, in their right humanistic mind, would ever let you install a lift for cars/light trucks!! 

I wouldn't trust that fukkin thing to lift my 14 year old lawn mower. 

Doesn't your boss know that you're mentally compromised???  

2 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

image.jpg

Why the fuck didn't your boss have that  fukkin thing factory-installed?  

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Who, in their right humanistic mind, would ever let you install a lift for cars/light trucks!! 

I wouldn't trust that fukkin thing to lift my 14 year old lawn mower. 

Doesn't your boss know that you're mentally compromised???  

kill yourself

6 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Did you get the converter bolts out?

of course, transmission is at the transmission shop. next is a chevy uplander, already have a transmission ready to swap. after that i think ill get an excursion with a no start going. ever did timing on a mazda 2.3 that is also a ford 2.3l duratec? i was told my race focus has a bad motor but i suspect timing chain tensioner let go. going to order the cam locks and see

• Like 2

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

of course, transmission is at the transmission shop. next is a chevy uplander, already have a transmission ready to swap. after that i think ill get an excursion with a no start going. ever did timing on a mazda 2.3 that is also a ford 2.3l duratec? i was told my race focus has a bad motor but i suspect timing chain tensioner let go. going to order the cam locks and see

Nice seems like your busy. Never done timing on a 2.0/2.3 only Ford/chevy v8s. I did own a svt focus for a while back in 05/06 fun little cars.

On 7/5/2021 at 3:59 PM, racinfarmer said:

Anyone here use the 10% off anything coopin this weekend?

I scored up the 30" 1 drawer service cart.

Ordered a Daytona jack. Just got delivered yesterday.

IMG_20210714_080240932.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dz246 said:

Ordered a Daytona jack. Just got delivered yesterday.

IMG_20210714_080240932.jpg

I have the yellow Daytona snap-off knock off.  Really a nice jack and has held up over the last couple years.  Much nicer than the one I purchased for about the same price 10 years ago from Northern Tool.  Both still work.  Nice to have at least two floor jacks.  

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 1:40 PM, racinfarmer said:

You need a wrench rack and some socket rails or trays.

i use my wrench racks for doing work outside. and do you not see my hansen socket tray holding all my tekton sockets? the sockets in the drawer are the ones that don't fit or don't have a place. wrench racks are cool but take up too much space

what u guys think of my new computer? my uncle got it from the recycling center, had no hard drive. i got a 1tb hard drive from a direct tv box at the dump. my tea maker on the right too is pretty badass. but i ran out of honey vanilla chamomile today

701DCB95-433F-4ABA-A063-5A3329A28331.jpeg

• Like 2