Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

22 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Probably will be picking up one of these when I make a run.  $50 and most likely straight from the big rock candy mountain.  

https://www.harborfreight.com/compact-sit-on-creeper-57317.html

Compact Sit-On Creeper 57317 alternate photo #1

I have had the worst luck with stools and creepers holding together.  To the point now my last project I was back to putting cardboard on the floor.  FML.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I have had the worst luck with stools and creepers holding together.  To the point now my last project I was back to putting cardboard on the floor.  FML.

Have you tried “The bone” creeper? I’ve had good luck with mine. Rolls over anything too pretty easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Have you tried “The bone” creeper? I’ve had good luck with mine. Rolls over anything too pretty easy.

I have not. Bought my last one for work 6 months ago from Auto Value it is my first contoured creeper.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I have not. Bought my last one for work 6 months ago from Auto Value it is my first contoured creeper.  

I got this foam body board thing to that’s nice if you don’t have to roll around but need to lay or kneel on the ground. I don’t remember where I got it maybe harbor freight? Lot nicer than the old cardboard trick keeps the old knees from aching.

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I got this foam body board thing to that’s nice if you don’t have to roll around but need to lay or kneel on the ground. I don’t remember where I got it maybe harbor freight? Lot nicer than the old cardboard trick keeps the old knees from aching.

I use one of those seat pads that hunters use in their stands sometimes also. My 43 year old knees have taken a beating over the years.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I use one of those seat pads that hunters use in their stands sometimes also. My 43 year old knees have taken a beating over the years.

Nice, I use to use a old futon cushion lol until I found this foam thing. The guy I work with still uses cardboard doesn’t even own a creeper. Guys 60 I don’t even know how he manages to move in the morning fuck I use cardboard for a day I’m sore for a freakin week.

• Gold Member

Haven't needed a creeper since I built my house a few years ago.  I also am a fat man and this setup is fucking sweet.  I have used that two post for everything.  Lawnmower unloading heavy shit out of my truck.  Loading heavy shit into my truck.  Even played Jenga on it!!!

IMG_20191214_093416181.jpg

IMG_20190804_143521692.jpg

IMG_20190804_184030513.jpg

• Like 6

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Haven't needed a creeper since I built my house a few years ago.  I also am a fat man and this setup is fucking sweet.  I have used that two post for everything.  Lawnmower unloading heavy shit out of my truck.  Loading heavy shit into my truck.  Even played Jenga on it!!!

IMG_20191214_093416181.jpg

IMG_20190804_143521692.jpg

IMG_20190804_184030513.jpg

Nice shop 

• Gold Member

Thanks guys.  Air conditioned even.  Mini-split AC is awesome.  Only costs me about 20 bucks a month in the summer to keep that 1800 SQFT at 72 degrees.  70" TV out there.  As long as the wife brings me supper I got no reason to go in the house...  LOL

IMG_20180525_124048194.jpg

IMG_20190126_141133446.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

I'm 300 lbs.... the only thing that holds my fat ass is antique wood creepers that I buy off of Craigslist. Anything newer isn't durable at all.....

Bone Creeper will work for you.

18 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

maybe it's because you're a fat retarded alcoholic mn hillbilly. faggot

5 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

yeah i bet trying to out do mach on getting on your knees to suck dick for a living at the truck stop tears up your knees. good job faggot, i hope they wear out just like tyrone wears out your throat

5 hours ago, poopooforme said:

Thanks guys.  Air conditioned even.  Mini-split AC is awesome.  Only costs me about 20 bucks a month in the summer to keep that 1800 SQFT at 72 degrees.  70" TV out there.  As long as the wife brings me supper I got no reason to go in the house...  LOL

IMG_20180525_124048194.jpg

IMG_20190126_141133446.jpg

I will be building this into a full blown workshop and keep trying to tell myself that I don’t need a/c in it but I finally work in a shop with a/c for a living so I’m having a really hard time talking myself out of one of those. 

F95DCFEB-EF81-4FD3-AD96-8A99E753ECC5.jpeg

• Like 2

100% AC Required for this guy!  My current shop isn't quite that big, but this window unit works wonders during the summer.

A small roll of carpet works great for the knees and back.

F112C2D1-5C3A-485A-832F-D11D5744DB8E.jpeg

9506D3B2-F34E-4475-9965-827D8E407537.jpeg

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 2

Actual sled wrenching questions.

Picked up a 250 Enticer from a co-worker and it needs a ignition coil.  

Have one from a single cylinder Yamaha dirt bike. 

Think she'll work just fine?  Needs the plug cap, but I see no reason it wouldn't.

12 hours ago, Legend said:

Bone Creeper will work for you.

Hmmm- there's something about laying on a Bone that makes me uncomfortable....

(Looks perfect for a fat boy like me)

• Gold Member

@SayatodaU.P.eh?     I spray foamed my entire house.  All the walls.  So she is a very well insulated space.  I just cannot believe how cheap that mini split runs!  Its a fujitsu and if you go shopping mine has a "dry" mode.  It runs more but on a lower speed as it sucks the humidity out of the space.  There is a 3/4 inch drain hose outside and the water just runs out of it.  In July when its 90 degrees and humid for me to be out there in 70 degrees with 50% humidity is a God send!!!.  

IMG_20180525_123838647.jpg

• Like 1