Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

the harbor freight boxes are overall really nice.   

I’ve looked at them a few times when getting sockets and stuff there. They seemed pretty good to me. If I didn’t buy snap on boxes years ago I’d buy one. Harbor freight is hit or miss though some stuff is good some is shit. I’ve basically replaced 60% of my work tools with cheapy harbor freight stuff. It’s much less painful to loose a .99 cent socket vs a $30 one. Keep the good stuff at home now. I got no complaints with the hand tools other than the torx bits I go through like candy.

10 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ve looked at them a few times when getting sockets and stuff there. They seemed pretty good to me. If I didn’t buy snap on boxes years ago I’d buy one. Harbor freight is hit or miss though some stuff is good some is shit. I’ve basically replaced 60% of my work tools with cheapy harbor freight stuff. It’s much less painful to loose a .99 cent socket vs a $30 one. Keep the good stuff at home now. I got no complaints with the hand tools other than the torx bits I go through like candy.

My Snap On box I bought new in '98 has 2 drawers with missing ball bearings.

My Craftsman box from the 1970's works just fine.

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

My Snap On box I bought new in '98 has 2 drawers with missing ball bearings.

My Craftsman box from the 1970's works just fine.

My snap on box at work is missing ball bearings on the top drawer also lol. It is warranty though I just haven’t cared enough to get it fixed yet and don’t feel like emptying all the shit out of the drawer. My home one is perfect but it gets used a lot less. I haven’t bought snap on shit in years though mainly warranty claims. It was basically all I bought when I first got into the trade but there is just as good options of tools for way way way less money.

How vain are you?  Picked up one of these from Ernst, Made in the US, for $8 or $9 this morning in red.

Another store has the neon green one I desire, not made in the US, for $25!  Same tray, the green one is a knock off.

https://www.ernstmfg.com/store/p/27-5010-Ten-Compartment-Organizer-Tray-Red.aspx

35 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Keeping anything for yourself to upgrade what you have?  I'd be tempted to keep one of those bottom boxes for a "service cart" style box and the middle Craftsman one for a benchtop or trunk box.

I've got a big rollcab at home with all my tools and a couple tool cases full of tools

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

I wouldn't really call it a barn find but there's a ton of goodies in the shop. Welders, tools, air comp, etc etc that I have to go thru. I'm gonna put my battery charger on the Vettes to see if I can get them going. 

Sounds like you are going to be busy for a while, George.

Good luck with everything. :bc:

17 minutes ago, irv said:

Sounds like you are going to be busy for a while, George.

Good luck with everything. :bc:

It's definately a slow progress. I'm pretty sure the 73 is coming home. I have to throw my battery charger on it and see. It's in good shape inside/out and the motor has had a bit of work done.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

Went to look at some trim today for my kitchen project, walked by the tool section, this guy was marked down $50 off for the bare tool.. Should work good for zipping lawnmower blades off..

IMG_20210314_132916593.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Went to look at some trim today for my kitchen project, walked by the tool section, this guy was marked down $50 off for the bare tool.. Should work good for zipping lawnmower blades off..

IMG_20210314_132916593.jpg

you really wanted to talk shit about my makita tools but you buy that!?!?!? clueless know nothing american faggots these days

23 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

you really wanted to talk shit about my makita tools but you buy that!?!?!? clueless know nothing american faggots these days

Correct!! Because I'm a smart shopper and know my shit kid..

Screenshot_20210314-151118.png

Screenshot_20210314-151200.png

Screenshot_20210314-151230.png

Screenshot_20210314-151240.png

Screenshot_20210314-151314.png

Screenshot_20210314-151340.png

17 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You forgot this,,,,:owned: Poor Frankie's getting beat up all over the place

34 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

let's see how it holds up. my tools are doing real work, not putting together garden chairs in faggotville usa, but out here in the wild wild west

Just now, FrankieJames7 said:

let's see how it holds up. my tools are doing real work, not putting together garden chairs in faggotville usa, but out here in the wild wild west

Cool story Brah!!

Fyi, I own a landscape business.. Up keep and maintenance is #1 priority..