Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I get it that it gets people out there and it has to be huge money for the manufacturers, but every time I see someone who is reasonably young riding one of those, I just think lazy.

This is a custom build. Not cheap for sure. My friend says you want to have a good grip on the handle bars it pulls hard. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I get it that it gets people out there and it has to be huge money for the manufacturers, but every time I see someone who is reasonably young riding one of those, I just think lazy.

Picked up a Giant XTC1 Carbon about a month and a half ago..Nice riding bike

• 3 weeks later...

Well boys, wear your PPE in the shop at home! 

Was working on a car and dropped a cover plate with a good sharp seal surface on it. 

Now sporting a couple Band-Aids on the knuckles.  Cut right through the mechanics gloves.

Decided to call it quits after that...

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Well boys, wear your PPE in the shop at home! 

Was working on a car and dropped a cover plate with a good sharp seal surface on it. 

Now sporting a couple Band-Aids on the knuckles.  Cut right through the mechanics gloves.

Decided to call it quits after that...

Wuss....

:lol::bc:

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Welp, I think my last 12v Dewilt tool chooched its last.  

Anyone here use Ridgid power tools from the Homeless Despot?  

Yes, have lots of Ridgid stuff.  Not as good as Milwaukee but a better warranty and a lot cheaper.   Fine for a home jobber.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Welp, I think my last 12v Dewilt tool chooched its last.  

Anyone here use Ridgid power tools from the Homeless Despot?  

I have a perfectly good 12v dewatl drill with no battery. It's yours if you want it.

31 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yes, have lots of Ridgid stuff.  Not as good as Milwaukee but a better warranty and a lot cheaper.   Fine for a home jobber.

The warranty is kinda why I'm looking at them.  Really don't have a use for much past a drill and impact at home.  

25 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I have a perfectly good 12v dewatl drill with no battery. It's yours if you want it.

Hmmm.  I'll think about it, but I think it is time to move on from the 12v stuff too.  Thanks for the offer!

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The warranty is kinda why I'm looking at them.  Really don't have a use for much past a drill and impact at home.  

Hmmm.  I'll think about it, but I think it is time to move on from the 12v stuff too.  Thanks for the offer!

OK, it's in great shape. I think it's a hammer drill also.

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

So, what would ya'll buy at Menards with their 11% store credit crap.  Got low-mid 4 figures to spend...

The Masterforce tool boxes seem ok.  You might have to special order the biggest one.  Go down the tool isle, look for made in the usa, buy one of each.  And a can of them toffee coated peanuts.

• 1 month later...

Stopped by the usual scum bags last week to get a 2' air blow gun and a bunch of other shit I don't need.  

The Merlin 2' air blow gun - fucking junk!  I'm pretty sure I can blow harder then this thing.  That can mean multiple things!

The Quantum 215 lumen pocket work light for $7 - fucking awesome!  I'll probably be picking up a few more of these!

FYI, for those of you who want a service cart, there is a coopin for $189.99 for the 5 drawer service cart.  I bigly recommend it! 

2976_ITEM_30___5_DRAWER_MECHANIC_S_CARTS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2020 at 12:13 PM, racinfarmer said:

Stopped by the usual scum bags last week to get a 2' air blow gun and a bunch of other shit I don't need.  

The Merlin 2' air blow gun - fucking junk!  I'm pretty sure I can blow harder then this thing.  That can mean multiple things!

The Quantum 215 lumen pocket work light for $7 - fucking awesome!  I'll probably be picking up a few more of these!

FYI, for those of you who want a service cart, there is a coopin for $189.99 for the 5 drawer service cart.  I bigly recommend it! 

2976_ITEM_30___5_DRAWER_MECHANIC_S_CARTS

I have that merlin blow gun. You are right, fucking junk!

18 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I have that merlin blow gun. You are right, fucking junk!

I have some Swedish made job in the race car trailer that fucking blows like a $2 whore.  Figured I'd get one or two for the shop since I never grab it out of the trailer.  Boy, was I wrong on that HF jobber.

Edited by racinfarmer

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Cleaning shop tonight.  Not sure how it got so damn dirty.  Was probably the cat.

Put new led lights in my garage last weekend. Cleaned the attic up while I was at it. Then this weekend I put all the tools away and cleaned the garage up.  10+ years of spider webs on the sheet rock that I cleaned up with a shop vac.  Couple small things to do yet but pretty much ready for working in there this winter.