Check your account email address ×

How are your store shelves holding up.

Not that good in Havasu.

I had heard this morning that Safeway was running low or out of everything. Many shelves completely cleaned out. Not just toilet paper and cleaning supplies. We ran out to do some errands so I decided to stop by Walmart. I needed a big gallon of Mobile 1. A quick scan of the meat and chicken section was a bit surreal. Virtually nothing. Not one ounce of ground meat or steaks. Not one single piece of chicken. No eggs. Not a single can of soup or stew or any other kind of meal in a can. Not a single cup of noodles. Almost every freezer was empty. 

There was one bag of beaf and bean burritos and one bag of chimichangas. I grabbed them both. I grabbed some cheese. I grabbed a few cans of salmon and several cans of sardines. 

The beer section was completely cleaned out. I bought a 30 of Natural Ice for $15. That was basically all there was. 

367F25AD-4975-47AA-A285-93D16D1943FC.jpeg

E549B7A5-37F0-47E0-8E64-566723FBD535.jpeg

00BB475A-B96B-4AAD-923E-9C1651D3E092.jpeg

9BE5FFE2-E4CD-4258-8047-2661F0B4E8E0.jpeg

One thing very surprising and almost up lifting. The entire chip aisle and the entire soda aisle were completely full, packed to the gills. The candy and cookie aisle were almost the same, no bare shelves at all. 

All vegetables were fully stocked except potatoes. There are no potatoes in Havasu right now. 

I went yesterday to get a few things, picked up a corned beef went to get carrots and potatoes there weren't any, no chicken and very little beef, there was some hamburger but it was going fast as the other stores were sold out.

Not bad so far. People are buying Walmart out of meat daily, but there's still some to be had at other stores. GFS, Aldi, and our local butcher has good stock. I should smoke a couple of butts and freeze some more pulled pork. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Some things were sold out, some things weren't, I needed paper towels, ran out Saturday, got those and some perogies, cereal, and chips,.some stuff was sold out, no milk, cases of water, cheap meats

I went shopping today and bought about 1 weeks worth of food. 

Produce was wiped out but everything else except toilet paper was in supply

I got 3 whole fryer chickens , a 5lb ham ..... 4 16oz beauty chuck eyes , 1 lb of prosciutto and some cheddar cheese and canned goods pasta etc

I also bought stuff for making bread 

basically I only bought stuff we would buy anyways

• Like 1

@AKIQPilotThe meat counter at the local Jewel was wiped out, but there was pork roast in the cooler section, the parking lot of the local IGA grocer was packed to the gills when I drove by on the way home, my wife said it was like that at 8:00 am.

People are scared.

I told my office staff to work from home for the week, 85% of them showed up at one time or another, some stayed all day, people like normalcy and staying at home or raiding grocery stores ian't normal.

38 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

@AKIQPilotThe meat counter at the local Jewel was wiped out, but there was pork roast in the cooler section, the parking lot of the local IGA grocer was packed to the gills when I drove by on the way home, my wife said it was like that at 8:00 am.

People are scared.

I told my office staff to work from home for the week, 85% of them showed up at one time or another, some stayed all day, people like normalcy and staying at home or raiding grocery stores ian't normal.

Its really bad Vince. Covid-19 will cause more bankruptcies than it will kill. Hundreds of thousands, If not millions of people will face serious financial difficulties because of our reaction to this virus. 

We have only barely seen the devastation. 

Aisles in disarray. .....employees had skids on floor trying to restock shelves.

Low on produce, hardly any meats, no milk or bread and of course no TP.

Surprisingly quite a bit of bottled water available and I also noticed like you did, plenty of junk food.....chips and soda plentiful .

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Not bad so far. People are buying Walmart out of meat daily, but there's still some to be had at other stores. GFS, Aldi, and our local butcher has good stock. I should smoke a couple of butts and freeze some more pulled pork. 

Now is your big chance. Get that rebellion going.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not that good in Havasu.

I had heard this morning that Safeway was running low or out of everything. Many shelves completely cleaned out. Not just toilet paper and cleaning supplies. We ran out to do some errands so I decided to stop by Walmart. I needed a big gallon of Mobile 1. A quick scan of the meat and chicken section was a bit surreal. Virtually nothing. Not one ounce of ground meat or steaks. Not one single piece of chicken. No eggs. Not a single can of soup or stew or any other kind of meal in a can. Not a single cup of noodles. Almost every freezer was empty. 

There was one bag of beaf and bean burritos and one bag of chimichangas. I grabbed them both. I grabbed some cheese. I grabbed a few cans of salmon and several cans of sardines. 

The beer section was completely cleaned out. I bought a 30 of Natural Ice for $15. That was basically all there was. 

367F25AD-4975-47AA-A285-93D16D1943FC.jpeg

E549B7A5-37F0-47E0-8E64-566723FBD535.jpeg

00BB475A-B96B-4AAD-923E-9C1651D3E092.jpeg

9BE5FFE2-E4CD-4258-8047-2661F0B4E8E0.jpeg

Alaska in a panic emptying shelves yet?

I went Saturday. Everything except a few items were well stocked. Peanut butter was almost wiped out. There was no Clorox wipes or hand cleaner. I ordered some stuff on amazon. Won’t be here until Friday. 

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck.  I meant to go today but didn’t.  If eggs are out I’m gonna lose it!

6 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

I bought 7 18 packs the other day on special. Should be ok for awhile. Usually have eggs for breakfast. 

I was only gonna buy 2 dozen ....we are almost out and it was on the shopping list 

Doesnt seem to be too panicked around here yet but everything is closing down

cancelled the plans we had to co-celebrate my 40th bday in Duluth in 2 weeks

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Just got back to civilization and its not bad at the stores i stopped at tonight.  got everything i needed for regular life.

Got asked why I wasn't getting toilet paper. 

No you didn't.

• Haha 2

Just now, Anler said:

Every store around us is wiped out, even with rationing. No meat, no milk and no bread.

If you weren’t such a fucking dickbag I’d mail you 2 of the most delicious steaks you ever had. But you are a dickbag and I’m gonna eat the steaks myself 

ahahabababababandjnfngnfncnc

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck.  I meant to go today but didn’t.  If eggs are out I’m gonna lose it!

If you can't find them, try Kwiktrip.

The usual scum bags in the Twin Cities were pretty picked over yesterday.  To get all the normal items I had to go to a few different stores.  Walmart had no eggs, frozen pizza, or frozen vegetables.  Other things you had to get smaller sizes or off brands.  Made chili today out of all my Walmart branded ingredients and it still turned out good!

Today I went to the local meat market and got some ground beef and pigs ears to keep the dogs busy.  The local grocery store had about everything I needed other than TP.  Must have been 20 employees there between cashiers and people stocking shelves.  Was happy to find 3 pound packages of hamburger, limit 2, for my wife to make dog food.