Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting fucked by covid?

Personal - I’m going to have to cancel my trip down south, not for fear of catching the virus, but fear of being trapped in a quarantine by my, or some other governments new policy. I’m also worried about my parents who are at a high risk. 

Work - We are already seeing less revenue, and now the parents of my younger p/t staff are keeping their kids at home in an attempt to mitigate their exposure. 

Talked to one of my childhood friends today. He got laid off yesterday because he works for a company that builds booths and displays for conventions and shows and everything has been cancelled thru June. Can't wait to see what comes Monday. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Talked to one of my childhood friends today. He got laid off yesterday because he works for a company that builds booths and displays for conventions and shows and everything has been cancelled thru June. Can't wait to see what comes Monday. 

Huge opportunities are coming 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I have two careers.  My summer job is in music festival production. One of my June events was cancelled a couple days ago. That was a 3500$ contract. So far the other events I sub to are a go, but if this shit continues, those will be cancelled, and no snow check for me. 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Huge opportunities are coming 

any ideas brewing ? 

I know my wife's on line shop has been a bit more busy .people sitting at home board wanting to buy somthing as a pick me up I guess. she is hoping they don't stop mail service next 

My life hasn't been affected by this yet but several close friends and family members are having to deal with some minor stresses. They could become more than just minor if this stretches out for months.  

We have a lot of old and sick people in the US. We keep many of them alive with modern medicine. If covid-19 gets a solid foothold in this  country I can see losing at least 10 friends and family members.  Most will die within the next decade anyway. 

It's a sad situation for sure. we all have people in our lives that are at high risk due to there health and age.

As far as business goes we have 18 months of backlog, unfortunately we will probably see a month or so of zero invoicing if the projects get shutdown.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Nope. Loaded the gear up and headed north fishing. 

And will do it again 5 more times before ice out. 

We know government lackeys get paid regardless. The question was for those who live in the real world. 

• Like 2

were out of work for the duration of this thing with the convention centers and other gatherings shut down. no seeing the TT or scotland this year,,,   again.           i was just talking with a buddy thats a commercial electrician,works mostly in Boston also,  hes is getting laid off and they were slammed with work two weeks ago. all  the trades are going to go quiet. well sept for plumbers  lol  septic systems everywhere are gonna backing up with paper towels :lmao:

Wife and I went for breakfast this morning, many times we pull in see a full parking lot and just leave, not today only 3 or 4 other tables being served, SIL just came back from Lancaster where there was a huge flea market hardly anyone there, trade shows are cancelled going to be a big loss for many people sadly.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's a sad situation for sure. we all have people in our lives that are at high risk due to there health and age.

As far as business goes we have 18 months of backlog, unfortunately we will probably see a month or so of zero invoicing if the projects get shutdown.

Damn - that is really good.

well I am sort of stuck working .

on a big remodel just starting to go back together so prob stuck till at least may . will see if jobs lined up for the next yr 9 mo after that still want to spend there money .

starting to think about if I will be required to sanitize units if people get sick who rent them and what that is going to cost .

then thinking about looking in to requirements to do a job like that and if it may be worth getting a jump if landlords are going to get stuck with this.  could be a cash cow . or a wast of time . my guess with nanny state minneapolis it will be mandatory soon to get buildings sanitized after some one tests positive . 

betting some one in anlers racket are already set up and certified for somthing like that 

Edited by Ez ryder