Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting fucked by covid?

17 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I'm on salary so I'll have a few paid weeks off.

Neal

You haven't been put on notice yet have you?  Probably not many old unhealthy guys working in your field I would guess. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

You haven't been put on notice yet have you?  Probably not many old unhealthy guys working in your field I would guess. 

Oh there are lots of older fellas.

No notice, we have contracts that continue on this summer and fall.  

If we are still avoiding events then, a job is probably a minor concern for survival.

Neal

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

We know government lackeys get paid regardless. The question was for those who live in the real world. 

I get you don't like the guy, but nurses are not government lackeys.  Are you ok, you seem more bitter than the usual.

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

I get you don't like the guy, but nurses are not government lackeys.  Are you ok, you seem more bitter than the usual.

Sure they are. Unfireable unless he fondles an underage patient. So in the context of this thread and the real possibilities people here could lose their jobs he should just STFU  

Pretends to be a died in the wool conservative and lets the government dictate how much he should make, for icing  on  the cake. :bc: 

9 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Sure they are. Unfireable unless he fondles an underage patient. So in the context of this thread and the real possibilities people here could lose their jobs he should just STFU  

Pretends to be a died in the wool conservative and lets the government dictate how much he should make, for icing  on  the cake. :bc: 

Front line health care workers will be exposed to this virus. You on the other hand can hide under your bed. 

19 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Oh there are lots of older fellas.

No notice, we have contracts that continue on this summer and fall.  

If we are still avoiding events then, a job is probably a minor concern for survival.

Neal

Oh man thats hard to think about Neal. Its pretty incredible how fragile our society actually is. 

7 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Front line health care workers will be exposed to this virus. You on the other hand can hide under your bed. 

The front line care worker in question says it’s a liberal fabricated hoax less dangerous than the flu  so WGAF. 

Edited by frenchy

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

I wonder if he supports government cuts in alberta...lots of health care workers are not happy there.

He supports govt  cuts everywhere while relying on the govt to  fund his retirement and set his worth. 

joke. 

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

What do you see happening on the contractor side 

It's not terrible yet but it's going to be. There's a lot of lighting and components made in china that will be causing shortages in the next few months. Anything with electronics will be an issue. If you have any orders in with long lead times expect them to be increased. Most manufacturers have been lowering inventory levels over the past 6 months expecting a slow down. Now replenishing those stock levels in time has become difficult.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

We werer on pace to have a very busy year with all customers requesting to move production up.   No change yet but I would expect some however with new models and other factors it might not slow down.

My industry revolves around entertaining large crowds. Concerts, conventions, theater, corporate meetings, churches, arenas, etc etc. 

Its completely shut down, our customers have already begun with layoffs as events into June have already cancelled. Pretty alarming. 

Being diverse is good however. Yesterday was one of my busier days in a long time with customers shifting their focus to areas where we can still make money. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Picked up a take out order earlier tonight from one of the most  popular restaurants in our area.....not nearly as crowded tonight and the traffic on the roads is even down. I could get used to this.    

Had to pick up heartworm meds from the vet today and half his staffing is out sick with fevers and sore throats..probably not THE virus but I still didn't bother to wash my hands once I got home. This thing just doesn't bother me at all and probably wont affect my job unless the whole world shuts down. Just a little concerned for wife who is diabetic.  Her friend will be a statistic if she gets it.....lungs are shot and on oxygen now. .

Sorry for those affected but its already pretty much over in China ,so I doubt this will be all that long lived in the U.S.

Im moving money around from everywhere I can and buying beaten down stocks hand over fist.....the window will be short IMO.

Wife and Daughter had NCL cruise set to roll on 22nd, that cancelled.  They are looking to pivot to Mexico, waiting to see if that closes by Wednesday.

Me and the boy headed to Breckenridge, yesterday email said we’re open, today email said closed through the 22nd.  We arrive the 23rd, playing that by ear.

We’re obviously not concerned with the virus but can’t seem to keep an avenue of spring break open.

Late May we head to Spain on a 12 day cruise in the Med for our 20th anniversary, have already cancelled the Italy and Sicily ports and substituted with other stops.  We will see if it holds up.

Travel is a crap shoot.