Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2021 Release

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

Why the hell would they do that? Why sacrifice power to cater to a very small portion of the market?

The game was already changed in the 600 class was changed last year :news: 

The 600 class is for people that care absolutely nothing for performance. The sleds are so fucking slow they might as well just be 60hp 500cc 4 strokes. It’s tough to tell any difference 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Why the hell would they do that? Why sacrifice power to cater to a very small portion of the market?

The game was already changed in the 600 class was changed last year :news: 

And now doo took a back seat. Being brand biased like some guys on here is fucking stupid. You and half the guys on here will complain about how stupid Polaris is for doing this, or doing that... meanwhile you won’t ever buy or ride one so what’s the point in arguing. I’ve had both sleds in the last two years. The axys is as good as it gets overall imo. The G4 is nothing more then a chassis that’s still trying to play catch-up with poo, and they just had to release a new front suspension because the RAS3 was still so behind the competition in 2017. 

6 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Thats a big selling point for me. At 4000 miles a year running 87 saves me some $$$. When I got my 900T I tried 91 a few times and didn’t notice any power difference so since then I’m back to running good old 87 like on my 1200. :bc: 

Dude! If they dropped a 4 stroke in the Axys chassis it’d probably be lighter than a Ski-Doo 850.

And it’s the only way they could retake #1 in sales.

You should apply to snowtrax for a job...the Lester’s would love your Polaris cocksucking abilities. :snack: 

Only if they had a light weight 4 stroke to do so. Not sure they do or are working on a 4 smoke. But I don’t disagree   They would be right there if they had a 4 stroke

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The seating position when sitting In a g4 is far more like an old school sled than the axys. I don’t know how else to explain this to you. Good god man

How does that affect your ability to ride it standing? It's still plenty easy to transition from seated to standing.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The 600 class is for people that care absolutely nothing for performance. The sleds are so fucking slow they might as well just be 60hp 500cc 4 strokes. It’s tough to tell any difference 

I'm gonna save this for when you decide anything over 600cc is too dangerous like RWD sports cars.

• Haha 1

I liked the procross front suspension more then my G4. Brian’s sled was nice. It reminded me a lot of the axys. Flat cornering and predictable. The plastic designs on it were not comfortable for me, and the 800 lacked the midrange the 850 etec has.

i really want to try the 850 poo. Bad.

Edited by thewayout

3 minutes ago, thewayout said:

The G4 is nothing more then a chassis that’s still trying to play catch-up with poo, and they just had to release a new front suspension because the RAS3 was still so behind the competition in 2017. 

By using that logic, Polaris just had to release a new chassis and 650 because the Axys was behind. :lol: 

Whats so bad about your RAS3? My XRS rides great in the front and the nervousness was gone as soon as I made some suspension adjustments and put my slydogs & dual carbides on it. It’s still got some inside ski lift but that makes it fun. :bc: 

2 minutes ago, thewayout said:

And now doo took a back seat. Being brand biased like some guys on here is fucking stupid. You and half the guys on here will complain about how stupid Polaris is for doing this, or doing that... meanwhile you won’t ever buy or ride one so what’s the point in arguing. I’ve had both sleds in the last two years. The axys is as good as it gets overall imo. The G4 is nothing more then a chassis that’s still trying to play catch-up with poo, and they just had to release a new front suspension because the RAS3 was still so behind the competition in 2017. 

Ski-Doo is stupid for widening their ski-stance instead of fixing their front suspension. The clutching on my my 600r is trash on the top end, it's gotta be 10 degrees fahrenheit or less on a perfectly smooth lake or it refuses to hold peak RPM. Ski-Doo should learn a lesson from Polaris and release a model with a 146" track and a 42" ski-stance. Honestly the best thing Ski-Doo did for 2021 was admit sleds with a 137" track and a narrow ski-stance are stupid and stop making them.

Do you miss rMotion?

5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

How does that affect your ability to ride it standing? It's still plenty easy to transition from seated to standing.

I'm gonna save this for when you decide anything over 600cc is too dangerous like RWD sports cars.

I don’t ride a sled standing unless it’s slow over moguls. I’m 6’5 and I don’t need 10” risers on a fucking sled. I spend the majority of my time in a sled riding at trails speeds and you can’t stand up at all at speed 

14 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Thats a big selling point for me. At 4000 miles a year running 87 saves me some $$$. When I got my 900T I tried 91 a few times and didn’t notice any power difference so since then I’m back to running good old 87 like on my 1200. :bc: 

Dude! If they dropped a 4 stroke in the Axys chassis it’d probably be lighter than a Ski-Doo 850.

And it’s the only way they could retake #1 in sales.

You should apply to snowtrax for a job...the Lester’s would love your Polaris cocksucking abilities. :snack: 

I like skidoo too I just think Polaris is trying harder. I buy what I like bro, if Arctic cat miraculously comes out with a game changing machine in 2022 I would consider it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

He doesn't have to stand, his trails are flat, zero mountains, no hills, no switchbacks, it's like riding down the Thruway 60' ft wide trails with miles of straights..no bumps ..When he has to navigate an embankment he rips an a-arm off at 7mph..:lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, rump-rider said:

By using that logic, Polaris just had to release a new chassis and 650 because the Axys was behind. :lol: 

Whats so bad about your RAS3? My XRS rides great in the front and the nervousness was gone as soon as I made some suspension adjustments and put my slydogs & dual carbides on it. It’s still got some inside ski lift but that makes it fun. :bc: 

I got my xrs dialed in :bc: 

rebound set to 4 clicks from full soft and compression 3 clicks. I have 7.5 shapers with bergstrom shims and ski savers, stock 4” on the outside. It rails pretty good, although it’s tippy compared to the axys or procross. That’s the nature of the beast with the xrs ride height. I’m ok with it now! I don’t have the TS adjustable bs either, just 5.7s.  

I just preferred the axys front personally. :bc: 

4 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Ski-Doo is stupid for widening their ski-stance instead of fixing their front suspension. The clutching on my my 600r is trash on the top end, it's gotta be 10 degrees fahrenheit or less on a perfectly smooth lake or it refuses to hold peak RPM. Ski-Doo should learn a lesson from Polaris and release a model with a 146" track and a 42" ski-stance. Honestly the best thing Ski-Doo did for 2021 was admit sleds with a 137" track and a narrow ski-stance are stupid and stop making them.

Do you miss rMotion?

:bc: 

im on an 850 xrs this year, last year I was on an axys xcr 800. :bc: 

riding today. The trails are about done here. R motion is really nice. 

E74BD0A9-3B74-45DD-9B7F-46350DE9AA03.jpeg

Edited by thewayout
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I don’t ride a sled standing unless it’s slow over moguls. I’m 6’5 and I don’t need 10” risers on a fucking sled. I spend the majority of my time in a sled riding at trails speeds and you can’t stand up at all at speed 

I take it you don't ride fast over moguls then. Also I'm gonna need a definition of "trails speeds" bud.

6 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I've had a 16 SKS, 17 SB Assault, a 19 Renegade turbo and now a 20 Back Country.  And I'd disagree.  R motion is still the rear suspension standard, and my turbo cornered flatter and rode better than  revalved than my Assault did with revalved suspension.  Front ends flip a coin, depends on set up and shock package.  To hear you guys talk the AXYS chassis is a generation better than the Ski doo which is nonsense.   All that said, I like the new guage, handwarmers sound interesting and the headlight are top notch.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We all knew you never drove over 30mph. Stay safe

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I've had a 16 SKS, 17 SB Assault, a 19 Renegade turbo and now a 20 Back Country.  And I'd disagree.  R motion is still the rear suspension standard, and my turbo cornered flatter and rode better than  revalved than my Assault did with revalved suspension.  Front ends flip a coin, depends on set up and shock package.  To hear you guys talk the AXYS chassis is a generation better than the Ski doo which is nonsense.   All that said, I like the new guage, handwarmers sound interesting and the headlight are top notch.

your height/weight and what type of riding you do plays a huge roll in determining what fits you best. I like the axys Eros for trail riding, but the G4 isn’t bad at all. The r motion was better then my jungle gym comfort wise, no doubt. In the rough stuff I would say it’s a flip of the coin. 

4 minutes ago, Poncho said:

We all knew you never drove over 30mph. Stay safe

Ben rides hard. He’s not a guy that you have to wait for at intersections unless his sled started on fire, sunk, or hit a tree :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I take it you don't ride fast over moguls then. Also I'm gonna need a definition of "trails speeds" bud.

I’ve held my pro-s speeds your 600 would struggle to go over 1.5-2’ moguls in the UP down the grade. 

I rarely go a few miles without exceeding 100+ mph where I ride.

I don’t ride fucking goat paths 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You're just butthurt that your assault grenaded. I've ridden skidoos for the last 25 years and I've yet to ride one the handles better than an axys. Rmtion yeah it's good but it's not that much better that it outweighs everything else. I am consistently less fatigued riding my assault than any skidoos with rmotion. The handling and ergos are just that much better. Skidoo just had to update their front end to be competitive with the other 2, watch for them to upgrade ergos next year. Why? Cuz axys/matryx! Boom!

Just now, Anler said:

You're just butthurt that your assault grenaded. I've ridden skidoos for the last 25 years and I've yet to ride one the handles better than an axys. Rmtion yeah it's good but it's not that much better that it outweighs everything else. I am consistently less fatigued riding my assault than any skidoos with rmotion. The handling and ergos are just that much better. Skidoo just had to update their front end to be competitive with the other 2, watch for them to upgrade ergos next year. Why? Cuz axys/matryx! Boom!

Polaris is punting skidoo right in the cunt

• Like 1