Check your account email address ×

bull shit shoot out

so just reading the shootout artical on snowgoer .

and just as expected the Polaris excuse book was in overdrive on this forum.  

no cat cat 800 was not a short track and yes the polaris was also running studs 

https://snowgoer.com/news/exclusive-ny-shootout-results-see-which-sleds-have-the-speed/28241/?oly_enc_id=6800E9487578A2P

Screenshot_20191224-194751.jpg

I read it last week.  What a fucking hack article.  But, that’s why no real sledders pay any attention to that rag.

I liked the part where it says something about arctic cat Somehow thinking they can get away with using a 1” track in beating Polaris.  WUT?

SnoWAPO

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I read it last week.  What a fucking hack article.  But, that’s why no real sledders pay any attention to that rag.

I liked the part where it says something about arctic cat Somehow thinking they can get away with using a 1” track in beating Polaris.  WUT?

SnoWAPO

:lol:

Is bigfuse still a thing?  I remember him being a big poo cheer leader 

The interesting thing here is just how fucking much faster the thundercat is. Not to mention it can be tuned easily to be even faster. In other words if top speed is your deal, these weak ass 2 strokes are not even in the game. Not to mention both the doo and poo 850 cost more than a thundercat. 

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

The interesting thing here is just how fucking much faster the thundercat is. Not to mention it can be tuned easily to be even faster. In other words if top speed is your deal, these weak ass 2 strokes are not even in the game. Not to mention both the doo and poo 850 cost more than a thundercat. 

A fucking thundercat is $17000 starting snowmaggedon price in Canada.

Retail $21900.

18 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

A 290 tune in the tcat will put 20+ lengths on an 850 in 1000'

You really have to ride that kind of trail power to really understand how violent it is coming out of a corner and giving it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You really have to ride that kind of trail power to really understand how violent it is coming out of a corner and giving it

Based on what the t cat did to the 850 stock, 1/2 second in 1000 feet, I would say 20 sled lengths is how far ahead it is stock. I bet 40 would be more like it on a tune.

6 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Based on what the t cat did to the 850 stock, 1/2 second in 1000 feet, I would say 20 sled lengths is how far ahead it is stock. I bet 40 would be more like it on a tune.

1/2 second at 100mph is more like 6-7

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Providing you clutch it probably ya 

39 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Ya did the math, you are bang on...so let's call it a dozen with the added pow.

it would seriously be more like 20+

The tune may add say 90-100hp but everything about the sled gets faster. Throttle response , spool time etc etc.

Also add in launch control and it may be well more than 20 lengths.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

it would seriously be more like 20+

The tune may add say 90-100hp but everything about the sled gets faster. Throttle response , spool time etc etc.

Also add in launch control and it may be well more than 20 lengths.

No doubt these sled are the best if you want fast. Now of course there are many good arguments why a lighter two stroke is better for trails. But these idiots are arguing over 100 foot runs and what sled traps faster and gets the best top speed, all the while ignoring the fact the 850s are slow relative to the turbo. Meanwhile, most of the idiots buying an 850 are fat old men that are too afraid to use the performance offered on the trail and only pin it on a lake.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dealer prep is a joke. And these guys are supposed to know sleds?

Haha,..You can't do anything but adjust suspension and belt deflection.. 

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Haha,..You can't do anything but adjust suspension and belt deflection.. 

Suspension , deflection,  clutch offset , ski toe , track tension and chain tension

And all of those things can be completely negated by a small change in track condition

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Looks like if that race was 100' farther the Polaris would have crushed everything by a large gape. 

Not really. With the low gearing they come with, the best mph, on radar, on a plowed ice track, the one in our group in 2000 ft ran several times. The best it could run was 102 mph. However, it does hook up and top out real quick. That motor lights up fast. I was surprised to see the factory suspension set up so soft. Wheelies like a mofo, which looks impressive to the by-standers, that don,t realize if it is pointing at the moon, you ain,t accelerating as fast as other sleds that stay flat.