Check your account email address ×

bull shit shoot out

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

If you knew this guy you wouldn’t be laughing.  :bc:  Several here can vouch for Silverbacks.

Stock tune 130 MPH?   Well maybe if he is completely setting the sled up for speed runs but a 160 hp sled isn't going to do 130 on the lake in anything but perfect conditions and a long run at that.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Stock tune 130 MPH?   Well maybe if he is completely setting the sled up for speed runs but a 160 hp sled isn't going to do 130 on the lake in anything but perfect conditions and a long run at that.  

Whatever the number is, he’ll have GPS screen shots for proof.  He makes his own drivers in a machine shop and has connections to the Valcourt race shop.  

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Whatever the number is, he’ll have GPS screen shots for proof.  He makes his own drivers in a machine shop and has connections to the Valcourt race shop.  

Sorry dude but drivers alone don't get you there.   At 8000 rpm and a .85 clutch shift ratio and stock gear ratio (1.80) only pulls 111 mph.   

Again maybe he can do it on really ideal conditions with significant changes to the final drive ratio and over a long run but the sled would hardly be great for trail riding.  

Oh and by the way, my Sidewinder has the stock tune in it too.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

39 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sorry dude but drivers alone don't get you there.   At 8000 rpm and a .85 clutch shift ratio and stock gear ratio (1.80) only pulls 111 mph.   

Again maybe he can do it on really ideal conditions with significant changes to the final drive ratio and over a long run but the sled would hardly be great for trail riding.  

Hey take it up with him.  I’m just telling you what he said.  My box stock Apex went 121 on the gun with a mid windshield on a 1/2 mile good hard pan run.  My uncles same sled with a shaved track and clutch work went 126.  I have little doubt he will be close to 130.  No one said anything about trail riding, he buys 2-4 brand new sleds every year, and spares little expense building them.  You can put away your slide rule now.  :lol:  :bc: 

EDIT:  Reference, The best I could get my 2012 XF1100 turbo 141 was 110 bone stock.  And that disappointed the hell out of me.

Edited by DriftBusta

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey take it up with him.  I’m just telling you what he said.  My box stock Apex went 121 on the gun with a mid windshield on a 1/2 mile good hard pan run.  My uncles same sled with a shaved track and clutch work went 126.  I have little doubt he will be close to 130.  No one said anything about trail riding, he buys 2-4 brand new sleds every year, and spares little expense building them.  You can put away your slide rail now.  :lol:  :bc: 

Makes a huge difference.   Also don't believe turbo guys when they say they are running a stock tune.   Its like everyone in prison is innocent.  :lol:  :bc:

Apex's were a different animal and ran well on top where RPM is your friend.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Makes a huge difference.   Also don't believe turbo guys when they say they are running a stock tune.   Its like everyone in prison is innocent.  :lol:  :bc:

Apex's were a different animal and ran well on top where RPM is your friend.  

You just dont understand the legend that is silverbacks :lol:

the guy had all kinds of custom internal 1200 work done even though literally none existed  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

the guy had all kinds of custom internal 1200 work done even though literally none existed  :lol:

Oh....one of those guys.   :lol:  Like I said the stock tune in my Sidewinder completely blows away other stock Sidewinders.   :lmao:

Just now, Highmark said:

Oh....one of those guys.   :lol:  Like I said the stock tune in my Sidewinder completely blows away other stock Sidewinders.   :lmao:

The dude sets his sleds up for top speed and nothing else and then is all secret about it and claims all kinds of retarded bullshit. His worst nightmare is someone who actually knows something......its why he loves the ECDL so much!!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The dude sets his sleds up for top speed and nothing else and then is all secret about it and claims all kinds of retarded bullshit. His worst nightmare is someone who actually knows something......its why he loves the ECDL so much!!!!

I won't argue that the efficiency he is gaining with the large wheels and idlers is significant but 130 with 160 hp is tough at the engine RPM that sled runs at.   

Never understood the "top speed" guys where it takes 2 miles to get there.   Fuck that.  

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I won't argue that the efficiency he is gaining with the large wheels and idlers is significant but 130 with 160 hp is tough at the engine RPM that sled runs at.   

Never understood the "top speed" guys where it takes 2 miles to get there.   Fuck that.  

He lowers them too. He will have to gear it up but it can be done on ice.

It's not happening on snow with that chassis and 160hp

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And the 100 mph tailwind. If 270 HP can only get a new Sidewinder to goa real 120 MPH in 2000 ft, 160 HP ain,t going to get you 130 MPH.

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The large wheels is only one thing. Looks like that’s a 14 wide 1” track. That’s 3mph on top right there. Taller secondary and a wide poo belt will give you even more on top. Woolie has mentioned some other custom stuff as well. So many little things you can do...

4 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

And the 100 mph tailwind. If 270 HP can only get a new Sidewinder to goa real 120 MPH in 2000 ft, 160 HP ain,t going to get you 130 MPH.

I remember back in the day when guys were trying to crack 130mph with a stock bore f7. A few got there on ice with minor mods and the chassis completely slammed

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yep.

Just now, Edmo said:

The large wheels is only one thing. Looks like that’s a 14 wide 1” track. That’s 3mph on top right there. Taller secondary and a wide poo belt will give you even more on top. Woolie has mentioned some other custom stuff as well. So many little things you can do...

Yep.  

Just now, Edmo said:

Little things matter less and less once you get over about 110mph. 

Once you hit 120 every mph takes a significant power bump and real tangible change

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

well why don't you come out and challenge him.  I might even be tempted to rent a sled for the weekend and come up to watch 

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

he got a "stock"  900 to 100+ miles an hour on GPS so laugh all you want it would not surprise me.  

Keep reading.   Never said it was impossible in the right conditions and in my first post I wasn't aware that this sled was being set up for a very particular task. 

50 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Poor gullible ecdl!!!!

yes cause i've never seen him on a sled walk away from me WFO with his kid on the back.  it's nice when you can have 3 sleds for different purposes and he always has 1 fast one.    we knew what kind of day it was going to be based on which sled he showed up with.  

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yes cause i've never seen him on a sled walk away from me WFO with his kid on the back.  it's nice when you can have 3 sleds for different purposes and he always has 1 fast one.    we knew what kind of day it was going to be based on which sled he showed up with.  

So what was he on that day?

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Attaboy Bennie...shit talk a guy you’ve never met 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

You oughta know right?   Im still waiting to see all your trophies.....like even one.  :lol: 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Not slammed. :news: