Check your account email address ×

bull shit shoot out

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

800 XRS that if i recall correct would run 120 or so.  because he doesn't run studs people are going to get him off the line but end of run he's going flying by

Also fairly typical of a ported motor.   

Some tuners really know how to make sleds run on top.   The recipe is not that hard if your willing to make sacrifices in other area's.   For my trail sleds I am not. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Also fairly typical of a ported motor.   

Some tuners really know how to make sleds run on top.   The recipe is not that hard if your willing to make sacrifices in other area's.   For my trail sleds I am not. 

It’s a simple fact...you can’t have everything at optimum levels.  

Hell, I’m not even willing to sacrifice what I’d have to in order to get my sled to go to 80!!!

:lol:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s a simple fact...you can’t have everything at optimum levels.  

Hell, I’m not even willing to sacrifice what I’d have to in order to get my sled to go to 80!!!

:lol:

Back in the day at the area radar runs all we had to do is improve the approach angle, loosen the secondary up some (sometimes a bunch) and lighten the primary to gain some RPM back.   We would win classes by 5-6 mph over the same sleds.  :lol:   I got dozens of 6" high 1st place trophy's to prove it.  :lmao:  On the Doo's always had that chart with me for the letter number combinations.   With the cat's just lighten the twist.   Always a happy medium to find during the day but once you did it made a big difference.   With the lighter secondary just don't smash it out of the hole and slip the belt.   More of a roll in then go.   Good times back then.  

Edited by Highmark

On 12/24/2019 at 7:57 PM, Ez ryder said:

so just reading the shootout artical on snowgoer .

and just as expected the Polaris excuse book was in overdrive on this forum.  

no cat cat 800 was not a short track and yes the polaris was also running studs 

https://snowgoer.com/news/exclusive-ny-shootout-results-see-which-sleds-have-the-speed/28241/?oly_enc_id=6800E9487578A2P

Screenshot_20191224-194751.jpg

Poo lost each race on the first 60 feet.   That's where the few tenths of a second was lost but by the end it was going the fastest.   Once that's solved the other 2 won't touch it.  

4 hours ago, Edmo said:

The large wheels is only one thing. Looks like that’s a 14 wide 1” track. That’s 3mph on top right there. Taller secondary and a wide poo belt will give you even more on top. Woolie has mentioned some other custom stuff as well. So many little things you can do...

Tell us all how a taller secondary increases top speed.

4 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Tell us all how a taller secondary increases top speed.

Well generally they were ran to allow for a taller gear ratio of which then wouldn't fool the secondary or shifting process coming out of the hole.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, ManOnManOral said:

So it will not give higher top speed. 

That itself?   No not unless it allows for a higher shift ratio.   Not sure if those Bearcat secondaries did.    That's the main larger secondary I know of.   I know of guys that did run them with pretty good sucess.  

27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That itself?   No not unless it allows for a higher shift ratio.   Not sure if those Bearcat secondaries did.    That's the main larger secondary I know of.   I know of guys that did run them with pretty good sucess.  

It cannot. Physics says no. The height of the secondary dictates the ratio in which you start moving. Top speed the belt is at the bottom of the secondary, and at that point it matters not if it is a 24 inch or 4 inch secondary.

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

he got a "stock"  900 to 100+ miles an hour on GPS so laugh all you want it would not surprise me.  

Again....100mph is not a huge deal. 130 is a huge deal

• Like 1