Check your account email address ×

So Trump is impeached...

4 hours ago, Woodsman said:

First President to ever be impeached during the first term. 

Public opinion will play a big part in the next election.

Will he take down many of his Republican supporters with him?

Nope.

But if it goes to trial there will be a bunch of Dems on their way out.....if not on their way to jail

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lmao:

No, explain how what happened to Clinton will happen to Trump.

Impeachment from the house and acquittal from the Senate.

Republicans didn't have the numbers to convict at trial for Clinton, and likewise Democrats don't have the numbers to convict Trump in the Senate.  This the same thing that happened to Clinton (acquittal) will happen to Trump.

Neal

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Republicans didn't have the numbers to convict at trial for Clinton, and likewise Democrats don't have the numbers to convict Trump in the Senate.  This the same thing that happened to Clinton (acquittal) will happen to Trump.

Neal

This is the lie that dems want to push.  There was bipartisan support for Clinton impeachment and strictly partisan support on the trump impeachment.  This alone speaks volumes and the simple fact that the dems don't want it going to the senate is another telling action as to how this is just partisan bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, racer254 said:

This is the lie that dems want to push.  There was bipartisan support for Clinton impeachment and strictly partisan support on the trump impeachment.  This alone speaks volumes and the simple fact that the dems don't want it going to the senate is another telling action as to how this is just partisan bullshit.

It makes no difference, the support is meaningless without the numbers to convict.

Neal

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Oh.  I thought you may have had a more interesting take than the spin of “this is just like when Clinton was impeached.”

So, that was my bad.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Oh.  I thought you may have had a more interesting take than the spin of “this is just like when Clinton was impeached.”

So, that was my bad.

Just like Clinton in that his popularity went up way up unlike Clinton in that Clinton actually broke the law and violated the constitution :guzzle:

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Did one or two dems reject the process yesterday and change parties?  

Yup, and Tulsi voted “present”, so we’ll call it three.

10 hours ago, Woodsman said:

First President to ever be impeached during the first term. 

Public opinion will play a big part in the next election.

Will he take down many of his Republican supporters with him?

Take down?  More like help ride to re election.  The Democrats are the ones who are facing defeat here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sure, but not enough to mean anything.

Neal

Tulsi voted present.  The Dems had an impeachment penned in on the calendar to give them a few months to work over the indictments handed down by Mueller but that didn't work out so they had to improvise. 

18 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Tulsi voted present.  The Dems had an impeachment penned in on the calendar to give them a few months to work over the indictments handed down by Mueller but that didn't work out so they had to improvise. 

Tulsi’s statement was actually spot on and impressive.  Something to the effect of she doesn’t believe the POTUS should be impeached in a partisan fashion.

She left out the “My brothers and sisters in uniform” crap so, it sounded legit.

I've looked and can't find an answer to how long Pelosi can hold the articles of impeachment from the Senate.  It would be interesting if she was able to actually hold them until after the 2020 election.  They could expect that they will lose the presidency again to Trump, but if they win majority in the Senate then they could control the trial.  Probably still don't have the 2/3rds but its long view.

I can't imagine she can hold it that long but who knows.

2 hours ago, F3600 said:

I've looked and can't find an answer to how long Pelosi can hold the articles of impeachment from the Senate.  It would be interesting if she was able to actually hold them until after the 2020 election.  They could expect that they will lose the presidency again to Trump, but if they win majority in the Senate then they could control the trial.  Probably still don't have the 2/3rds but its long view.

At a certain point her liver has to fail and the skin on her face fall off. Right? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Tulsi’s statement was actually spot on and impressive.  Something to the effect of she doesn’t believe the POTUS should be impeached in a partisan fashion.

She left out the “My brothers and sisters in uniform” crap so, it sounded legit.

Ahhhhh....so Tulsi can’t say it but guys on a sled forum can...fucking idiot.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhhhh....so Tulsi can’t say it but guys on a sled forum can...fucking idiot.

LOL...you are such a TDS victim.  

Who here has ever said that?  Who here is a pandering politician or aspiring to be one?

Hater.  :lol2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, F3600 said:

Democrats won’t have the Speaker of the House after the election though.

• Thanks 1