Check your account email address ×

If Trump isn’t guilty

Like everyone who has been around since he became POTUS and sees the circus, he knows it's a waste of time and money.

He wants to get on with it.  If you are going to have a trial, do it.  But we all know that the dems have nothing and that's why they are drawing an "impeachment inquiry" out as long as possible.

31 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Why is he working so hard to stop people from testifying?

Why are you so obsessed with Trump? Is it because he isn't a fool like you and doesn't believe in the MMGW non sense or is it something else? My gut tells me it is that and only that as it seems anyone who believes in your fake, manipulative religion gets a pass despite their record and lies outside of that.

21 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Like everyone who has been around since he became POTUS and sees the circus, he knows it's a waste of time and money.

He wants to get on with it.  If you are going to have a trial, do it.  But we all know that the dems have nothing and that's why they are drawing an "impeachment inquiry" out as long as possible.

That makes zero sense. He has spent millions on lawyers to block his financial docs and tax returns from being made public.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

That makes zero sense. He has spent millions on lawyers to block his financial docs and tax returns from being made public.

And why would that be? :lol: Could it be the dems have tried every underhanded tactic to get them? It’s not a requirement and he doesn’t want them released. Get over it! 

MC and BarbieHands want answers!!!!!!  Lol!!

One wants to know why Trump is “hiding things” while he won’t tell anybody the location of this town for the rich and famous is in which he supposedly resides and the other won’t answer simple questions about his statements.

Libtwats.  They’re neat-o!!!

36 minutes ago, racer254 said:

:lol:  

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

And how much have them Dems spent trying to get that information that he is not required to show?

• Thanks 1

Trump wants to have the trial.  So have the trial and lets get on with it.  No, dems don't want that, they want to be able to drag the emotional liberals along waiting for the punch line.  We will just have more leaks and hearsay.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Trump wants to have the trial.  So have the trial and lets get on with it.  No, dems don't want that, they want to be able to drag the emotional liberals along waiting for the punch line.  We will just have more leaks and hearsay.

If the dems treated the house "inquiry" with an ounce of integrity he could have had his say there.   They were the ones who went down this path and I agree that now Trump see's this as a way to expose them.  

36 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Go Trump. :news: 

Trump donates 3rd-quarter salary to help fight opioid crisis

President Donald Trump donates his 3rd-quarter salary to help tackle the nation’s opioid epidemic

By
ZEKE MILLER Associated Press
November 26, 2019, 5:00 AM
1 min read
WireAP_bf2abb19d7f142d892c905d2709189ef_

00:2606:22

Copy and paste to share this video
Copy and paste to embed this video

6:22
Video Icon
The Associated Press
Catch up on the developing stories making headlines.

President Donald Trump is donating his third-quarter salary to help tackle the nation’s opioid epidemic.

A White House official says Trump has given the $100,000 he would be paid in the quarter to the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health, which oversees federal public health offices and programs, including the surgeon general’s office.

The White House says the funds are being earmarked “to continue the ongoing fight against the opioid crisis.”

Trump has made tackling the misuse of opioids an administration priority. More than 70,000 Americans died in 2017 from drug overdoses, the bulk of them involving opioids.

Trump is required to be paid, but he has pledged to donate his salary while in office to worthy causes. Trump donated his second-quarter salary to the surgeon general’s office.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If the dems treated the house "inquiry" with an ounce of integrity he could have had his say there.   They were the ones who went down this path and I agree that now Trump see's this as a way to expose them.  

They have no plan, no policy, no hopes.  The only thing they have is to paint the opponent as worse then they are.  And they do it using the same tactics suspense novel writers do....but in their stories, the suspense is all they have.

Just now, racer254 said:

They have no plan, no policy, no hopes.  The only thing they have is to paint the opponent as worse then they are.  And they do it using the same tactics suspense novel writers do....but in their stories, the suspense is all they have.

I really think real internal polling...at least in the swing states is showing them to be in major trouble.   

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Let's see the last time tax returns were used for political purposes it cost the tax payers a few hundred million in punitive damages....thanks Obama. I say we just skip the next law suit and leave the tax returns private.

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

If he wants to get in with it then he should have allowed Whitehouse staff to testify and released documents. 
Stalling in court is not getting on with it. 

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

If he wants to get in with it then he should have allowed Whitehouse staff to testify and released documents. 
Stalling in court is not getting on with it. 

LOL.  He hasn't stalled at all.  If they are going testify, then do it at the trial.  FFS, until then, it's all just a show. 

Edited by racer254
  • Thanks 1

People simply have no clue when you compare what Clinton did to this.   Zero.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/explainthree122098.htm

Encouraging Lewinsky to file a false affidavit. Monica Lewinsky testified that Clinton raised the idea of filing an affidavit. Although Lewinsky testified that Clinton never told her to lie, the committee report says that Clinton knew any affidavit "would have to be false for Ms. Lewinsky to avoid testifying. If she filed a truthful affidavit, one acknowledging a sexual relationship with the president, she certainly would have been called as a deposition witness and her subsequent truthful testimony would have been damaging to the president both politically and legally." Democrats concede that Clinton and Lewinsky discussed submitting an affidavit to avoid testifying. But they say that does not prove Clinton wanted her to file a false affidavit and that, since the Jones case involved allegations of unwelcome sexual harassment, Lewinsky might have been able to avoid testifying with an affidavit saying she was not the subject of harassment or unwelcome advances.

Encouraging Lewinsky to give false testimony if called to appear. Republicans say that, before Lewinsky became a possible witness, she and the president discussed fabricated stories to use to cover up their relationship and that, according to Lewinsky's testimony, the president repeated those stories when he telephoned her on Dec. 17 to say she was on the Paula Jones witness list. As Lewinsky recalled that conversation, Clinton said, "You know, you can always say you were coming to see Betty or that you were bringing me letters." Clinton said he had "no specific memory" of any conversations with cover stories before Dec. 17 but that if any conversation took place, it was "in a nonlegal context."

Encouraging Lewinsky to hide gifts. Lewinsky testified that she told Clinton the gifts had been subpoenaed at a Dec. 28 meeting and suggested, "maybe I should put the gifts away outside my house somewhere or give them to someone, maybe Betty." She said Clinton replied, "I don't know" or "Let me think about that." Lewinsky testified that later that day Betty Currie called her and said, "I understand you have something to give me" or "The president says you have something for me." Currie then arrived at Lewinsky's apartment, retrieved a sealed box of presents, and put them under her bed.

Both Clinton and Currie have a different version of events. Clinton said that when Lewinsky raised the issue of the gifts, he told her, "If they asked her for gifts, she'd have to give them whatever she had." Currie said Lewinsky called her and asked her to pick up the package, not the other way around.

Republicans argue that Lewinsky's version is more credible and that it is clear that Clinton instructed Currie to retrieve the gifts. They point to a cell phone record showing that Currie called Lewinsky's house that afternoon. Democrats counter that Clinton was not particularly concerned about the gifts, something evidenced by the fact that he gave Lewinsky additional gifts at the Dec. 28 meeting -- something even GOP counsel Schippers acknowledged seems "odd." They say that Lewinsky provided conflicting accounts of her conversations with Clinton and that the telephone call from Currie occurred after the time that Lewinsky said Currie arrived at her apartment to pick up the gifts.

Getting Lewinsky a job to ensure her silence. Impeachment backers say the efforts by Clinton and his allies to help Lewinsky get a job in New York intensified in early December, just after Clinton learned that Lewinsky was on the Jones witness list. They point to the extensive efforts by Clinton confidant Vernon E. Jordan Jr. to help Lewinsky get a job and to keep the president informed of his efforts even as he was also helping Lewinsky obtain a lawyer in the Jones case. When -- after Jordan phoned the chief executive of the company -- Lewinsky finally got a job offer, Jordan telephoned Currie with the news: "Mission accomplished."

As the report puts it, "It is logical to infer from the chain of events that the efforts of the president and others at the president's direction to obtain a job in New York for Monica Lewinsky were motivated to influence the testimony of a potential witness in the case of Jones v. Clinton, if not to prevent her testimony outright."

Democrats point to Lewinsky's testimony: "No one ever asked me to lie and I was never promised a job for my silence." They say that efforts by White House officials to help Lewinsky get a job began long before her name surfaced on the Jones witness list and that Lewinsky raised the idea of enlisting Jordan's help after Linda Tripp suggested it.

Letting Bennett make false and misleading statements. (See discussion under Article I, above.)

Tampering with the testimony of Currie, a potential witness. A few hours after the Jones deposition, Clinton called Currie and asked her to come into the office the next day, a Sunday. Clinton said he asked Currie "certain questions, in an effort to get as much information as quickly as I could," seeking to "ascertain what the facts were, trying to ascertain what Betty's perception was."

Currie testified that Clinton made a series of remarks "more like statements than questions," saying, "You were always there when she was there, right? We were never really alone. You could see and hear everything. Monica came on to me and I never touched her, right? She wanted to have sex with me and I couldn't do that." Currie said she had a similar conversation with Clinton a few days later.

Impeachment proponents note that Clinton repeatedly invoked Currie's name when questioned about Lewinsky during the deposition and that she was therefore a potential witness in the case. His explanation that he was trying to determine the facts "is simply not credible in light of the fact" that he knew some of the statements he made "were clearly false." Clinton's defenders argue that when Clinton spoke with Currie she was not among the potential witnesses listed by the Jones lawyers and that there were only a few weeks left for pretrial discovery. They say that Clinton's statements were not spurred by a desire to influence her testimony but that he was worried that the story of his relationship with Lewinsky was about to leak and, as the minority report put it, Clinton "was testing [Currie] to see how much she knew . . . because it would help dictate the media strategy he adopted."

Lying to aides about his relationship with Lewinsky when he knew they were potential grand jury witnesses who would repeat the falsehoods before the grand jury. After the Lewinsky story broke in the press, Clinton denied having a sexual relationship with Lewinsky to five aides who were later called before the grand jury. For example, he told John D. Podesta, now his chief of staff, that he did not have any kind of sexual encounter with Lewinsky. He told aide Sidney Blumenthal that he hadn't "done anything wrong," that Lewinsky had stalked and threatened him and likened himself to a character in Arthur Koestler's "Darkness at Noon."

Republicans say Clinton acknowledged his aides were likely to be called as witnesses and would repeat his false accounts before the grand jury, and that his actions therefore amount to witness tampering.

Democrats say Clinton's false or misleading statements to his staff were motivated by a desire to hide an embarrassing relationship, not to obstruct the grand jury. "To put the point most simply: Does anyone really think the president would have admitted to this relationship even if no grand jury had been sitting?" the minority report asks.