Check your account email address ×

How dumb would you have to be to refer to a chuck eye steak as a roast???

f7ben

3 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

I still have a vague memory and laugh about the uproar you described when the chowder was not up to par at one of your work sites👍

Haha. Only 1 Friday out of 4 was it bad. 

The cooks work shift work. 2 weeks on and 2 off. First week is day shift, second week is night shift. 

One of the four cooks made bad ass clam chowder. It was famous around camp. One cook made the worst clam chowder ever. More like potato/bacon soup. 

Anyway. Camp rebelled and we forced the bad cook to use the good cooks recipe. It was better but not quite as good as the best. 

The good cook made bad ass clam chowder. Maybe not like world famous but bad ass for sure. 

Oil field workers love their grub. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

x2 

I wish there was a good all you eat place that served king crab place.  IDGAF how much it would cost. I'd get my money's worth :lol:

When I was a kid red lobster would do an all you can eat crab legs every so often. My dad took is a couple times. That's where I fell in love with them. That was before the blacks took over. :lol:

Just now, frenchy said:

I don’t get the love affair with a basic clam chowder. Kind of boring imo  

In the maritime it’s a seafood chowder with lobster, scallops, cod, and mussels. 

Yes of course. Seafood chowder is incredible for sure. 

I make an incredible Salmon chowder with fresh caught Red Salmon. Its very good. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Oh I agree. We do steak and crab every new years day. We were just talking about it today. Love the crab legs. 

X2. Last year wife and I stayed home for New Years, but that was dinner.  :bc: 

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

Anyone posted the actual cost difference between bens revered chuck eye and a rib eye?

It's a fucking pot roast, it's like $4.99 a lb. Ribeye is like $15.00/lb. 

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

Anyone posted the actual cost difference between bens revered chuck eye and a rib eye?

Any cost savings is negated in the cost of fuel driving from butcher shop to butcher shop searching for the elusive marbled thrift gold. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I don’t get the love affair with a basic clam chowder. Kind of boring imo  

In the maritime it’s a seafood chowder with lobster, scallops, cod, and mussels. 

I had a seafood chowder in Ireland that was the best I’ve had. Also not as big on clam chowder. 
I had a seafood pie there that was amazing. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I had a seafood chowder in Ireland that was the best I’ve had. Also not as big on clam chowder. 
I had a seafood pie there that was amazing. 

Yep. More seafood the better never mind the fact clams are fucking flavourless. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

When I was a kid red lobster would do an all you can eat crab legs every so often. My dad took is a couple times. That's where I fell in love with them. That was before the blacks took over. :lol:

Yea but no one does all you can eat king crab legs that I know of. 

Agreed on the Red Lobster   Place is a total dump now and food is terrible

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

You know it's cheap meat when they're selling it,  buy one get one free,  like the pics I posted from Kroger earlier this week :lol:

Just now, frenchy said:

Yep. More seafood the better never mind the fact clams are fucking flavourless. 

For sure. The best part about seafood chowder is there is something new in every bite. Yum. I just love seafood chowder. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea but no one does all you can eat king crab legs that I know of. 

Agreed on the Red Lobster   Place is a total dump now and food is terrible

You know it's cheap meat when they're selling it,  buy one get one free,  like the pics I posted from Kroger earlier this week :lol:

Yeah this was like late 70's. 

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

:lies: :lol:

1141032543_giphy.gif.cf-2019-11-02T104926_891.gif.76c9f31243440499d89449354a5bd477.gif

Like always, Alfred :owned:

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah this was like late 70's. 

Use to be a decent seafood place. For what we have available in the Midwest, without costing an arm and a leg. 

We were just at RL about 2 months or so ago. Food and service were both terrible. And place was infested with nasty Dindu's. Both eating , and working there.  :flush:

Never again 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

7 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

7 hours ago, Anler said:

I was eyeballing them last night. It was $75 for a prime ribeye roast.

They were giving chuck eye roasts out free from a vending machine. :news:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I was eyeballing them last night. It was $75 for a prime ribeye roast.

They were giving chuck eye roasts out free from a vending machine. :news:

I had to search and sure as shit.....

IMG_5085.JPG.bbbbaf1edf934c6272e3dee801c80a1a.JPG😂

7 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

1141032543_giphy.gif.cf-2019-11-02T104926_891.gif.76c9f31243440499d89449354a5bd477.gif

Like always, Alfred :owned:

Use to be a decent seafood place. For what we have available in the Midwest, without costing an arm and a leg. 

We were just at RL about 2 months or so ago. Food and service were both terrible. And place was infested with nasty Dindu's. Both eating , and working there.  :flush:

Never again 

It's straight ghetto now and has been for years. There's only a few left around here. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

All of the lower class chain joints like Applebees,  Olive Garden and Red Lobster have gotten so gross it's basically inedible. 

That's not food. That shit is cooked in a factory and microwaved . A fucking donut is closer to real food then that shit.

• Haha 2