Check your account email address ×

How dumb would you have to be to refer to a chuck eye steak as a roast???

f7ben

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

while perusing the finer cuts at the butchery….

[Pssst! Wanna hear a secret? Meet me out back behind the dumpster in 5. Come alone....]

:lol: 

Ben is trying desperately to drag someone down with him. He has been taking a beating for a long time on this. 

I just went to a local farm to Table butcher. They are supplying meat to all the high-end places all over Metro Detroit as well as downtown Detroit high-end restaurants. I asked them about these Chuck I steaks and they chuckled. They said that there’s nothing special about them and that trying to pass them off as a stake as a joke. They had the exact cut of meat that you would use as a chuck eye steak for sale there. It was sold as a small roast they said you could cut it into fillet medallions and cook it as a steak. They said it doesn’t hold a candle to end of the other typical steaks you would eat. 

who knows

Edited by jtssrx
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I just went to a local farm to Table butcher. They are supplying meat to all the high-end places all over Metro Detroit as well as downtown Detroit high-end restaurants. I asked them about these Chuck I steaks and they chuckled. They said that there’s nothing special about them and that trying to pass them off as a stake as a joke. They had the exact cut of meat that you would use as a chuck eye steak for sale there. It was sold as a small roast they said you could cut it into fillet medallions and cook it as a steak. They said it doesn’t hold a candle to end of the other typical steaks you would eat. 

who knows

Wow Ben is looking really dumb now and he is throwing drew to the wolves. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

Sorry bro, I don't want to look like a steak snob but we can afford better steaks for grilling. We put the pot roast in the roasting pan so it gets tender. It's good tho, we just don't grill it. 

This has to be one of the longest ownage threads of all time? The little feller just keeps coming back for more. :bc:😃

7 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

who knows

Just ask Drew

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they are the best value in steak,  rib eye is IMO better but not twice as good

I dont feel the ribeye is better. It's great,  the chuckeye is great. They are the best cuts for me. Drew's butcher charges 18.99 for ribeye. He paid $7 for the chuckeye and said it was every bit as good. 

Its simple

17 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This has to be one of the longest ownage threads of all time? The little feller just keeps coming back for more. :bc:😃

It's a typical Bipolarhooknose thread :guzzle:and I don't know what a chuck-eye steak is :dunno:

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2019 at 10:02 AM, f7ben said:

Yup...all the drippings and a little bullion and pepper etc and then thickened with flour while whisking vigorously

Thicken with corn starch and add 18% cream after it has boiled down, no need for that fake beef bullion shit. Place in blender after cream has been added and make sure all the small pieces of meat and fats  get blended in as well.

3 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Thicken with corn starch and add 18% cream after it has boiled down, no need for that fake beef bullion shit. Place in blender after cream has been added and make sure all the small pieces of meat and fats  get blended in as well.

seriously what kind of rube uses bullion.