Check your account email address ×

How dumb would you have to be to refer to a chuck eye steak as a roast???

f7ben

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I dont put peppers in the pot roast either. I love all bell peppers though. 

Just green pepper here. Big pieces like quartered size. Also just cut the onions in half. Plenty of garlic as well

Yes to the garlic. At least a full clove in a pot roast. 

Yup.....really the star of the whole thing is the gravy though. You have to know how to make a proper gravy

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Just green pepper here. Big pieces like quartered size. Also just cut the onions in half. Plenty of garlic as well

Doesnt it get soggy and just turn to mush??

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup.....really the star of the whole thing is the gravy though. You have to know how to make a proper gravy

I do the gravy just like Aunt Jamima in the video. A little flour soaked in water.  

Edited by AKIQPilot

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Doesnt it get soggy and just turn to mush??

Yup....its delicious. Green pepper is the last to go in. Carrots and potatoes first ,then onion...then the gp with a few hours to go

I do the grave just like Aunt Jamima in the video. A little flour soaked in water.  

Yup...all the drippings and a little bullion and pepper etc and then thickened with flour while whisking vigorously

Just now, f7ben said:

Yup....its delicious. Green pepper is the last to go in. Carrots and potatoes first ,then onion...then the gp with a few hours to go

Gotcha..I usually do onion, taters, carrot, celery, garlic.. Ill try some GP to next time too..

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Gotcha..I usually do onion, taters, carrot, celery, garlic.. Ill try some GP to next time too..

Im sure the gp would be fine but I never put them in a pot roast. May have to try it. 

I just love gp....the flavor the get from being cooked in that pot is wonderful 

Just now, f7ben said:

I just love gp....the flavor the get from being cooked in that pot is wonderful 

I would almost think it would give it a hint of Italian Beef flavor..:dunno:

8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We only buy red,yellow and orange peppers. We substitute cubannelle peppers for green peppers

i'll eat green peppers but if buying peppers there is no way i am buying green.  

I like to do stuffed cubanelle and poblano's.  Usually with ground turkey.  Only do them when the wifes not around she's not a fan of stuffed peppers.  

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I like to do stuffed cubanelle and poblano's.  Usually with ground turkey.  Only do them when the wifes not around she's not a fan of stuffed peppers.  

I love stuffed peppers too, and nobody here likes them either. A damn shame. 😕

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I do stuffed peppers, zucchini  for the most part but have done tomatoes and hollowed out a couple big potatoes as well.