Check your account email address ×

How dumb would you have to be to refer to a chuck eye steak as a roast???

f7ben

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

seafood mostly, as it's usually hard or a PITA to find specific stuff....

For sure....its one of the culinary pitfalls of living where I do.

We eat yellowfin steaks a couple times per month. Some shrimp from time to time but that's about it

Just now, f7ben said:

For sure....its one of the culinary pitfalls of living where I do.

We eat yellowfin steaks a couple times per month. Some shrimp from time to time but that's about it

when I lived on the east coast it was awesome. Sucks not having easy access to great seafood.

Just now, frenchy said:

when I lived on the east coast it was awesome. Sucks not having easy access to great seafood.

Absolutely.....Indiana was better than MN but not by much. 

At least there I could get a few dozen oysters .....cant get that here

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Yes we know the Chuck roasts are cheaper cuts of meat. 

Forgot to post this the other day. Was at store getting milk and a few things and saw this. Had to take a picture :lol: :lmao:

IMG_20191205_214746398.thumb.jpg.5463a1fdccfb722516b8d3597ddddf9a.jpgIMG_20191205_214741607.thumb.jpg.ff899171023abf72381bb5234188105d.jpg

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

while perusing the finer cuts at the butchery….

[Pssst! Wanna hear a secret? Meet me out back behind the dumpster in 5. Come alone....]

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Sleepr2 said:

15 pages about a cheaper chunk of meat?

Well look who the OP is .  Nuff said :lol:

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Yeah Ben grilled a pot roast and thinks it's the cats ass and now Drew is grilling pot roasts. 

That's cause Drew is Bhent's bitch :snack:

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

And Sizzler. 

692552158_tenor.gif_itemid13282090_cf.gif.902f5a7de820c47f6433887b5c0cdb5f.gif

:lol: reminded me of this guy in Happy Gilmore 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Forgot to post this the other day. Was at store getting milk and a few things and saw this. Had to take a picture :lol: :lmao:

IMG_20191205_214746398.thumb.jpg.5463a1fdccfb722516b8d3597ddddf9a.jpgIMG_20191205_214741607.thumb.jpg.ff899171023abf72381bb5234188105d.jpg

Well look who the OP is .  Nuff said :lol:

That's cause Drew is Bhent's bitch :snack:

692552158_tenor.gif_itemid13282090_cf.gif.902f5a7de820c47f6433887b5c0cdb5f.gif

:lol: reminded me of this guy in Happy Gilmore 

Ben and I and have an interesting relationship. One day he plays bitch the next day I do. It balances out well. :lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, thewayout said:

Ben and I and have an interesting relationship. One day he plays bitch the next day I do. It balances out well. :lol: 

:lmao: 

How did he feel about you cheating on him with EmptyM ?  :dunno:

C467F47B-1052-434A-9B8A-A8EA32429CC8.jpeg.2e4765b7fd84a36ba5b00419c9a66775.thumb.jpeg.eae6d0aaf6ff4d79e2b197f849f9f4c8.jpeg

:snack:

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lmao: 

How did he feel about you cheating on him with EmptyM ?  :dunno:

C467F47B-1052-434A-9B8A-A8EA32429CC8.jpeg.2e4765b7fd84a36ba5b00419c9a66775.thumb.jpeg.eae6d0aaf6ff4d79e2b197f849f9f4c8.jpeg

:snack:

Hahaha. That was a long time ago. Drew was 20. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Absolutely.....Indiana was better than MN but not by much. 

At least there I could get a few dozen oysters .....cant get that here

Ha Ha.  We get the best freshest sea food evah.  Then again, the best friggin clam chowder I ever had was from Rochester NY at a Days Inn.  Not gonna lie, the shit was amazing.  :lol:  

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Ha Ha.  We get the best freshest sea food evah.  Then again, the best friggin clam chowder I ever had was from Rochester NY at a Days Inn.  Not gonna lie, the shit was amazing.  :lol:  

I had the best clam chowder ever at the Fryeberg Fair in Maine. It was incredible. I love clam chowder and have tried it in little pubs and restaurants all over the world. I also had an incredible lobster roll in Fryeberg as well. The big sign above the booth said “ Voted best lobster roll in New England for 25 years running”. The roll and the chowder were incredible. The chowder was so incredible that the next morning I bought a $15 entry ticket to the Fair just to get in and buy a half gallon of chowder before we headed to Mt Washington. 

That was an incredible trip. Got to meet lots of forum members on that trip. We will do it again sometime soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I had the best clam chowder ever at the Fryeberg Fair in Maine. It was incredible. I love clam chowder and have tried it in little pubs and restaurants all over the world. I also had an incredible lobster roll in Fryeberg as well. The big sign above the booth said “ Voted best lobster roll in New England for 25 years running”. The roll and the chowder were incredible. The chowder was so incredible that the next morning I bought a $15 entry ticket to the Fair just to get in and buy a half gallon of chowder before we headed to Mt Washington. 

That was an incredible trip. Got to meet lots of forum members on that trip. We will do it again sometime soon. 

I’ve been to the Fryeburg fair a couple times with Jenny, but can’t say I’d ever had the chowdah.  :bc:  Give me lots of clams, thick broth, maybe some chunks of pork belly or bacon, and some fresh herbs.  Thats what was in that chowder I had some years back in upstate NY of all places. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

PS.  I ate Clam Chowder and lobster almost every single day for 6 weeks. It never got old. 

Some people said I would get gout. I have no idea what gout is so I just laughed. 

I'm not a big fan of lobster but I love those Alaskan king crab legs. :bc:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’ve been to the Fryeburg fair a couple times with Jenny, but can’t say I’d ever had the chowdah.  :bc:  Give me lots of clams, thick broth, maybe some chunks of pork belly or bacon, and some fresh herbs.  Thats what was in that chowder I had some years back in upstate NY of all places. 

Yep to all of that but I like my chowder a little on the runny side. A spoon should just fall over in clam chowder. 

The thing about chowder is there are dozens of great recipes. Lots of clams and the dusting of herbs are pRt of the winning flavor. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

PS.  I ate Clam Chowder and lobster almost every single day for 6 weeks. It never got old. 

Some people said I would get gout. I have no idea what gout is so I just laughed. 

That’s how I am. Love seafood. :bc:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Well I have had both many many times. No one does Lobster better than New England and No one does giant King Crab better than AK.   Bad ass king crab with legs about 1.5” in diameter are to die for.  The sweetness of the huge bite of meat is unreal. Its one seafood that is better the bigger the creature is. Lots of seafood loses its crispness when it gets big and old. Not king crab. 1.5lb king crab legs are to die for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep to all of that but I like my chowder a little on the runny side. A spoon should just fall over in clam chowder. 

The thing about chowder is there are dozens of great recipes. Lots of clams and the dusting of herbs are pRt of the winning flavor. 

I still have a vague memory and laugh about the uproar you described when the chowder was not up to par at one of your work sites👍

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

x2 

I wish there was a good all you eat place that served king crab place.  IDGAF how much it would cost. I'd get my money's worth :lol:

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well I have had both many many times. No one does Lobster better than New England and No one does giant King Crab better than AK.   Bad ass king crab with legs about 1.5” in diameter are to die for.  The sweetness of the huge bite of meat is unreal. Its one seafood that is better the bigger the creature is. Lots of seafood loses its crispness when it gets big and old. Not king crab. 1.5lb king crab legs are to die for. 

Oh I agree. We do steak and crab every new years day. We were just talking about it today. Love the crab legs. 

• Haha 1