Check your account email address ×

How dumb would you have to be to refer to a chuck eye steak as a roast???

f7ben

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It's quite possible to get a better cut of meat from a prime chuck eye than a choice ribeye ya know...

Neal

Yeah I know and thats why its cheaper... O.o

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Why not, fuck it's pretty obvious people don't understand the cuts or what they are buying to begin with...

Neal

People understand the difference between a ribeye and a chuck just fine. Well maybe not some people.. ^ v

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Exactly....hence the thread title

Also the prime chuckeye will still likely be cheaper than the choice ribeye

Pot roasts are always cheaper than a ribeye. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, thewayout said:

Well it’s prime from a local butcher. It’s not cheap and TBH I’ve never had their ribeyes, I buy their NY strips or porterhouses usually. 

Buy whole and cut them yourself. Save a lot of $ :bc:

I only ever buy Ribeyes.  

3 hours ago, Snake said:

I can get a choice ribeye all day long for under $10.

I buy nothing but prime. If I gotta pay $17 I will.

See above 

3 hours ago, Snake said:

"Honey, what's for supper?"

"We're having kinda ribeyes."

:lol:

1958137323_tenor.gif.cf(18).gif.6a76eaf971d563914ae8f8789d985afe.gif

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

🎵🎶 oh where, oh where are the Pot Roast Steaks?  🎶🎵

🎶🎵 oh where, oh where could they beeee???? 🎶 🎵

https://bernssteakhouse.com/our-menus/our-steaks/

https://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/locations/gibsons-chicago/gibsons-chicago-menu/

https://www.goldensteerlasvegas.com/menus/#steaks

265146211_tenor.gif.cf(13).gif.a29988092fb7ce5b54ae7ea1dc28464b.gif

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

We are going to cook a rib roast on new years. Maybe I should get a chuck "eye" roast instead. Nah that would just be pot roast... 

Just go to McDonald’s and buy a bunch of McRibbbbbbbbbs. It’s like almost the same thing. Bhen=:owned:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Buy whole and cut them yourself. Save a lot of $ :bc:

:bc:

291052BD-7A6B-43F0-86F7-B6AC580CFC14.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

We are going to cook a rib roast on new years. Maybe I should get a chuck "eye" roast instead. Nah that would just be pot roast... 

We do a rib eye roast or prime rib for Christmas every year. 

I wish I had the energy to go back read this thread, I feel like I really missed some solid gold in here.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

I'm doing prime rib and a beef Wellington myself. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Just go to McDonald’s and buy a bunch of McRibbbbbbbbbs. It’s like almost the same thing. Bhen=:owned:

I heard those are just one rib away from being an eye? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm doing prime rib and a beef Wellington myself. 

Rib roast is prime rib. :thumbsup: We do this every new years with king crab legs from Alaska. If you go to Costco on New Years eve (get there early) they have a seafood dude there with a truck load of king crab legs, jumbo shrimps, scallops and a bunch of different fish laying out on the ice. been doing this about the last 12 years. Its good stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Rib roast is prime rib. :thumbsup: We do this every new years with king crab legs from Alaska. If you go to Costco on New Years eve (get there early) they have a seafood dude there with a truck load of king crab legs, jumbo shrimps, scallops and a bunch of different fish laying out on the ice. been doing this about the last 12 years. Its good stuff. 

I wish we could get shit like that here

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wish we could get shit like that here

Sam's down here has a good spread of seafood and meat.  Actually, probably the best Sam's I've ever seen for this stuff.  I was just there yesterday and their seafood spread was impressive. 

Still, I miss Costco.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Sam's down here has a good spread of seafood and meat.  Actually, probably the best Sam's I've ever seen for this stuff.  I was just there yesterday and their seafood spread was impressive. 

Still, I miss Costco.

My mom was in there and sent me a pic of a prime rib. I normally order from the butcher here in town but this one looked good and was priced good so we'll try it. I didnt think of having her look at the seafood while she was there

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

My mom was in there and sent me a pic of a prime rib. I normally order from the butcher here in town but this one looked good and was priced good so we'll try it. I didnt think of having her look at the seafood while she was there

I buy meat from two places.  Mu butcher (preferred) and Sams.  And I'm not at all ashamed to say it.  Their meat selection is impressive and fresh.  Like I said, best Sams I've ever seen for it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I buy meat from two places.  Mu butcher (preferred) and Sams.  And I'm not at all ashamed to say it.  Their meat selection is impressive and fresh.  Like I said, best Sams I've ever seen for it.

Hopefully I'm happy with the rib. My method is airtight so I'm sure I will be